Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please make surveys available for us ALL!

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Yeah what's up with that? Can't they make the survey pop up in the game (skippable) or something? This is the only survey I would actually be interested to fill without trolling.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2015
    I find it strange that I have yet to see even one person from the forums say they have gotten this survey. Besides the person who sent images to SimsVIP, has anyone heard of others receiving this survey?
    We may hear more from others later. There are simmers that use the official forums that do get the survey but there are more simmers that never log in here so it makes sense to me that we only have ever heard from a handful here
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I know right? The people who actually got the survey are probably screwing us over by picking Rebuild, On the road, and Power Up.

I don't think people who would pick Generations are screwing me over. Why would my picking Rebuild be screwing anyone else over? ......and I'm way over 21.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I find it strange that I have yet to see even one person from the forums say they have gotten this survey. Besides the person who sent images to SimsVIP, has anyone heard of others receiving this survey?

There is at least one person. He mentioned yesterday that Generations was ahead, and one of the others was at like 40% at the time. So there's one. I don't know if others here got it.
  • Options
    KatsKats wrote: »

There is at least one person. He mentioned yesterday that Generations was ahead, and one of the others was at like 40% at the time. So there's one. I don't know if others here got it.

That's probably the unofficial survey. I don't think EA publishes the ongoing results of their surveys.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Let's assume the surveys are not being handed out randomly. It's really 50 or so of EA's Guinea pigs they have in their back pocket, and the majority pick the superhero and apocalypse themes. So when EA announces these two for 2016 they can claim it's what most of the fans screamed for.

I like my sims to live lives are that relatively normal and realistic to the real world. Having sims fly around and/or pew-pew-pew'ing zombies is too over the top and ridiculous for my tastes. The Sims 4 is cartoony enough as it is.

For all the years I've been playing the franchise I have never, ever received a single survey or offer for my input. I've used the same e-mail address since my Sims 1 days.
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    They probably don't even listen to the surveys. They just put them out to say they did. Most likely it means nothing.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    staravia81 wrote: »
    As cool as that would be, that is not how surveys work. If EA is doing a survey, they want to have an idea as to what a cross-section of their targeted demo want. Letting everyone participate with no regard for methodology will make the results less useful as you can't generalize it to the entire target demo.

That's true they are targeting a select demographic. If you are sent a survey and are over a certain age you are told thanks but no thanks when you start to fill it out.

All those "thanks but no thanks" people are simmers after all and usually have money to spend. Must be the only dollars EA doesn't want.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    After 4 sims games and all these years and EA is still asking for what fans want? This is really shameful. One should ask when they are having an original game or making a sequel to it not when they are at the 4th installment of the game!!

What is wrong with you EA. I feel this survey is nothing but a trick to calm down the angry players after the Gamescom debacle. They just want to give us a hope, now if this hope is genuine or fake I cannot say.
    Well buyers change in the grand scheme not everybody is a hard fan and some come and go so they have to know in general, not the 200 that are the ones that played for years. Some players never played sims before so is right for them to want to know the new opinions.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    As cool as that would be, that is not how surveys work. If EA is doing a survey, they want to have an idea as to what a cross-section of their targeted demo want. Letting everyone participate with no regard for methodology will make the results less useful as you can't generalize it to the entire target demo.

I have ran many surveys and that is not how we did them. If a company only sends a survey to a select few of their consumers, they will not only end up with data that is not a consensus, but that data would be bias as well. That method would only serve to prove what the marketing department wants to be proven.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    sorry to go off topic for a sec but money is not the only thing these surveys are also use to help decide what simmers or gamers would like to see next
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

I have ran many surveys and that is not how we did them. If a company only sends a survey to a select few of their consumers, they will not only end up with data that is not a consensus, but that data would be bias as well. That method would only serve to prove what the marketing department wants to be proven.

Maybe that's the desired end. They know what they want to build and are looking for data that supports it.

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    EA have a target demographic. Those they want to aim for.

Unfortunately I feel it is the 'Frozen' generation of little girls, not those that have been playing for over a decade like me. I mean come on... I even remember the 80's!!!!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,057 Member
    These surveys would be the only way for the majority of Simmers to tell what we would like to see next for TS4. But most people won't get the chance to tell them what we want since they don't seem to listen too much what we want in these official forums :(
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Because if they made the surveys for all, the results would be unrealistic to what the players actually want.

You may find that some random gamers would find that Rebuild was an awesome idea, and the press would promote the survey, people who don't even play the Sins might like the sound of the Superhero Academy EP and then all the teen girls hear about it and vote for Reality Tv or Get Famous.

Boom, no Generations, no Vacatiom, no Cars etc. the surveys worked last year, we got the content that made the most sense. I have faith that will happen again.
  • Options
    After 4 sims games and all these years and EA is still asking for what fans want? This is really shameful. One should ask when they are having an original game or making a sequel to it not when they are at the 4th installment of the game!!

What is wrong with you EA. I feel this survey is nothing but a trick to calm down the angry players after the Gamescom debacle. They just want to give us a hope, now if this hope is genuine or fake I cannot say.
    EA KNOWS very well what the fans want. They should stop pretending that they have no clue.

Plus it is not as if TS4 has got all the features that the fans want and EA has to make a survey because it is clueless what to add more.

So you would rather EA just guess what we want, without having the decency to ask some of the fans?

And yet you wanna bash EA saying they don't care about our opinions?

EA responded to the feedback from the Surveys last year, and we got the content that was voted for.
    And the response from fans who saw actual gameplay of Get Together, said it's actually a really useful expansion and not simply party themed.

Stop being so purposely negative, you use defend EA uncondionally until they announced Get Together, simply because it wasn't the pack of your taste.
  • Options
    I really don't get the surveys at all? Who are they sending them to. How do they chose? They could literally end up sending it to someone who has played two hours of the game and decided to never play it again. They could have sent it to someone who saw survey and thought "nah I don't want to take that." More importantly, do they not read the forums? Or their Facebook? Or their twitter feed? There's your survey feedback right there. They can see what many people want.

I still think they've put themselves in an awkward situation cause now if they want to add toddlers and preteens they'll most likely have to patch them in. Reason being, if they don't and they come out with later expansion packs with content for those two age groups, then people who didn't buy the pack will be mad at receiving items they didn't want. Hopefully they get some meaningful feedback from their surveys, despite only selecting a ridiculously small group.

They base it of your play time of the game (hours played) and your age.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I know right? The people who actually got the survey are probably screwing us over by picking Rebuild, On the road, and Power Up.

I don't think people who would pick Generations are screwing me over. Why would my picking Rebuild be screwing anyone else over? ......and I'm way over 21.

We don't know who got the survey, how many people got it, how many people are actually going to do it, and we don't know which ones they are picking for and more importantly if they even want Generations.

It's stressful. Our future is in the hands of strangers.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    @Shadoza2 wrote: »

It's known that you get sent Surveys based on hours played and content purchased. EA want the feedback from people who play and buy the most. Those people received the surveys.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,657 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

It's known that you get sent Surveys based on hours played and content purchased. EA want the feedback from people who play and buy the most. Those people received the surveys.
    Have you received one?
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I don't think that's necessarily true. I have a very low number of hours played and never connected to Origin at all when playing 3 and I've received quite a few of these surveys in the past. You get selected from the list of people who have signed up for the news letter and have said EA can contact them.

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    one thing for sure is EA never fully explains why or what they do with a survey. it is possible they sent out this particular survey to a group they want to increase buying habits with the series. for example i learned in an old dev interview please dont ask which one :) that many people that play sims only buy one or two EPs. arguably this survey could be for marketing to see if they could get this particulate group to buy a third EP and if so which one should they attempt a bigger marketing campaign with this group when released.

i only add this to say i dont think we know enough about why this survey was created to think it means only a small group of simmers will decide the fate of the whole series. there could be others reasons for the survey more over there is good evidence that the requests made here do influence development, i think the contents that has been added to patches supports this.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,513 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    EA, if you really want an idea of what the majority of players want, why send emails to random people? Why not upload the survey/poll for ALL of us simmers to partake in, that will tell you what all of us want. I know simsvip has an unofficial one, but I still think EA should give all of us a chance to voice our opinions on something they'll look at for once. Also, THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING TODDLERS.

I agree. They use to put up survey polls on the sims 3 site.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    I think most people want Generations. I wouldn't mind Power Up, but Generations is a must as is a supernatural theme pack. For me, at least.

I'm betting that only a few people get the survey and are goaded into voting for something. In the end, we'll probably end up getting most of these as DLC anyways. The survey just determines which one they work on first.

Although I might rage and stomp on their lawn if they choose the Zombie one of the Generations.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Agreed! We sould ALL get a chance to take the survey.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png