Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the sims 4 had been online would you have played it?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Nope, no way, no dice, negative.....No.

I really liked Plants V Zombies as a tower defense and I was looking forward to a new improved one. When I found out it was an on line shoot em up EA never got my money for that.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No. That was my answer but of course the site said I can't just say no. So, Nooooo.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No. I despise online games.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited May 2015
    TBH this is one of those questions that is ironic on two fronts.

Firstly a lot of people who might answer yes can't be bothered logging off the current online games they're playing to come here so its really a one sided question in reality the 150 times its been rhetorically asked.

Secondly and more funny, a lot of people who would say they're adamantly against it already spend more time socializing over these forums than playing TS4, which speaks in volumes as well as makes one's position look like a freudian slip.
  • Options
    MissDaisy02MissDaisy02 Posts: 36 Member
    Hmmm....No!
  • Options
    pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    Not even if they paid me. . .unless they paid me $50/hr. Then I might.
  • Options
    SimblingssSimblingss Posts: 55 Member
    If it was just straight up online then definitely not because builds are done on my down time. Plus I wouldn't be able to lug my macbook around to a no internet zone and play :'(
    Gallery: Simblingss
    Build Showcase: Retail, Room and Home Builds
    Youtube: Simblingss
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I would have definitely tried it if only because it would be very interesting to walk around a lot that someone else had built and to be able to actually chat to them about their build and how they did it. Sims 4 was clearly designed to be an online game - the social aspect of this game is so obvious; all the chat, chat, chat which dominates literally 'all' gameplay. In many ways I think it would have been better received if it had stayed online, for those who are open to the idea of online play because it's so beautifully designed for it. The game we have so far would have worked a treat if it had continued to be online but, in my opinion, just isn't working too well for offline players.

The only thing is, I was attracted to Sims 3 because it WASN'T online, so I think I would have been disappointed that offline gameplay had not been continued after Sims 3. I would like to see both available, if I'm honest. Both would have distinct advantages (and disadvantages).
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    A big no to that.

EasyToRead's signature big.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    No. I've tried imvu. It isn't healthy for your soul. I think sims online would have been a similar experience. No Bueno.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Firstly a lot of people who might answer yes can't be bothered logging off the current online games they're playing to come here so its really a one sided question in reality the 150 times its been rhetorically asked.

Secondly and more funny, a lot of people who would say they're adamantly against it already spend more time socializing over these forums than playing TS4, which speaks in volumes as well as makes one's position look like a freudian slip.

The forums are one thing, but a troll in my sims universe annoying me? Plum no I say ;)
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited May 2015
    If they made it online, I'd only play if it was free. Because sooner or later they would discontinue it, just like all the other online Sims games except Freeplay. And then all the work I'd put into developing my Sims & building their homes would be lost for good. Besides, there are the problems with online play already mentioned: trolls, griefers, drama, perverts, the problem of minors playing with adults, & so on. Another issue I can think of is if they made the game play in real time like Freeplay does (which I dislike). Wait 20 min. to do this, wait 6 hrs to do that, wait x days to accumulate 250000 simoleons, or spend real money here & there.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Have you seen a forecast for snow in the place south of Heaven? When you do I might try it!! ;)
    I hear they are really wanting ice down there, maybe EA will ship them some, then more people would be interested in their visions!! :p
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah, IF EA teamed up with Mojang to do it.
    Imagine a Minecraft/Sims 4 mixed world
    No blocks, vast open world, playing as a group of Sims Survive, Build, Create. The choice is still yours to play multiplayer get a server and host a world. or play single player.

Second Life and IMVU can go die in a hole.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    People expect Sims online gameplay to be just like Sims Offline game play, except with other people's avatars running around the hood. Sorry, folks, it wouldn't be that way. It would be lot by lot game play with people getting together, pooling their money and building skilling lots and maybe bars for them to get together and chat it up...and nothing else.

Oh, wait...that sounds like like The Sims Online.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Sims 4 online would have been a great concept. If the idea was incorporated into the game, it would be best if The Sims 4 remained exactly how it looks and function now, but with the online feature adding an option to "travel to friend's town" from your friends list. I think they've done this before with the The Sims Bustin' Out on console.

I don't like the idea of "online chat" (the bar where you type things to other players), and the way the original plan for the game looked when they made it online. So I'm glad that plan was scrapped. Online chat takes away the RP feel. The Sims 4 looks great the way it is now, I wouldn't want to change anything about it. There's already games like SL out there, that you can play with online chat. But incorporating a "world travel" feature to visit a friends neighborhood would be pretty neat

Basically, friends who visit your neighborhood (which should give you a pop-up window first, allowing you to accept/decline their request to visit you. And also have the option in settings to enable/disable online visiting if you don't want people from your friends list asking to visit) will be treated as an NPC with a plumbob (so socializing with friends gives you the same menu the game would normally have; friendly, mean, romantic, mischievous, funny, etc.) The social interactions that's available to select from in the menu is open to explore (are players allowed to move in, get married, woohoo, have children, etc.)

If they would have did that in the past, instead of changing the whole design of The Sims; adding online chat, using those horrible graphics, etc... The idea of playing online would have been successful. You don't need to change The Sims from what we're use to just to allow Sim players to be in your neighborhood. EA has done an incredible job with The Sims 4. I'd love an opportunity to play with my friends, or multiplayer in this awesome game (like in The Sims 2 on console, boy was that fun!).
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    AlisiaD wrote: »
    I used to play Second Life a few years back. At first it was so much fun, but in the end, there was just so much drama and the guys were only after one thing, so I gave it up. I like my Sims offline, so I can escape from the world and the drama.

beside the fact that I didn't play second life (do to hearign this)
    I also play to get away and make my own reality

so no an online sims game I would not play

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Gillie wrote: »
    I used PlayStation Home quite a lot before the servers shut down in March. You could buy furniture for your apartment and new clothing with real money.

If you've never heard of PS Home think of it as what an online Sims 4 would be like. Desperate boys hitting on female avatars, female avatars asking for woohoo in public spaces, rampant bullying and harassment, etc. At one point in time when I was donning my female avatar a whole bunch of male avatars would ask me to mail them nude pics and bombard me with friend requests.

thats just discusting... but not surpricing... and why I say no
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

the last part

but that (to me atleast is difrent

I go to the forum to chat, to be social, to get game help, get inspiration and hear the news.
    when I go in game I want it to be my world, to rule it (not that EA lets me in sims4), to go into a coocoon of no reality and aboundance of creativity.

no freudian slip just 2 difrent porpuses of the action

just like I go to a party to be with people, to a class to learn and do a single activity when I read.
    And it could all have to do with the same subject, I just don't want to do it all at 1 time.
  • Options
    Not even if they paid me. . .unless they paid me $50/hr. Then I might.

not sure that be enough....I mean I would have to listne to abuse most likely... so I would need more... a healt risk ad on.