Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guys, look what i found!! (Get together)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hrm, I though groups meant clubs, like book club, chess club, fantasy football club etc. I didn't realize it meant cliques. :(

Yes you can do those.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Woohoo clubs? Does that mean sims can casually woohoo now? What if said sim don't have a partner.

First good idea in a while! Casual Woo Hoo clubs! Maybe you should be working for the development team.

Simguru Azure mentioned that in the video the op put up.

She didn't said "casual woohoo" she said a devolper made a club called "Check Mate" and their interests were chess and woohoo.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    BESS73 wrote: »
    I am loving the idea of having rival groups <3 Have a story with family feuds going in my mind.

Thank you for posting OP :smile: This was news to me!

Especially if vampires, witches and werewolves are introduced eventually. Can see some great stories about witchy families v vampire families. I hope this rival thing really is included.

You just said what I was thinking! :D
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Woohoo clubs? Does that mean sims can casually woohoo now? What if said sim don't have a partner.

First good idea in a while! Casual Woo Hoo clubs! Maybe you should be working for the development team.

Simguru Azure mentioned that in the video the op put up.

Yeah, I know. I finally broke down and watched it instead of just randomly spouting off. LOL. Still, I bet you could have come up with that idea. You deserve some credit.

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Hrm, I though groups meant clubs, like book club, chess club, fantasy football club etc. I didn't realize it meant cliques. :(

My impression so far is that clubs can include both. That they can be activity focused but also can oppose each other, if we want them too. I'm liking the idea of, say, elders only book clubs -and- teen social clubs that don't get along together (except maybe that one couple...)

Looking forward to more info on clubs. And maybe less on dancing to DJs, which is what the promo made the EP seem to be centred on. (And I'm keen to see the modern and rural parts of the new world too.)

Oh I hope you're right. I want to be able to set outfits for them, meeting times and places too. I want to make swim teams for the kids, cheer leading squads for teens, chess club, and wine/book clubs for the moms.
  • Options
    Purple-InkPurple-Ink Posts: 79 Member
    Lol wouldn't it be funny if they put the Monty and Capp families in and made them rival groups?
    Tumblr: plumbob-berries.tumblr.com/
    PurpleLilies0220 on the Sims 4 Gallery
    tumblr_oht9rrh8CP1v9ri2go10_r4_1280.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Purple-Ink wrote: »
    Lol wouldn't it be funny if they put the Monty and Capp families in and made them rival groups?

I wish! Those are two of my favorite families from the Sims 2. I'd love to see a sims 4 reincarnation of them!!
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    Maybe we can go jogging with other sims lol seriously I hate running by myself
  • Options
    VortexWarhorseVortexWarhorse Posts: 49 Member
    Group rivalries, that will an cool addition to the game!
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    oooooooooooooooooooooo
    when they have more life states I'm going to make a vampire coven enemies with witches and werewolves!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    I'll be having some literary fun with the Greasers vs. the Socs.....awww yeah. ;)

200_s.gif
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    YEEES. My teens are going to shine.
    This is a true bliss for rotational players like me! :D
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Actually, this is part of the focus in the actual trailer, people just decided to focus and exacerbate the disco portions of what we were being shown. It was clear this was about social activities from the start.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    aclavo wrote: »
    Actually, this is part of the focus in the actual trailer, people just decided to focus and exacerbate the disco portions of what we were being shown. It was clear this was about social activities from the start.

Yes, but there was a little too much partying and a little too few "social" scenes from what could be the new clubs gameplay.
    And this whole community was already done with partying before the announcement, so it's only natural they felt like the trailer was a punch in the nuts.
    I agree, the more I look at it, the more I get what it's all about. Friendship. Group interactions. "Gettin' together" lol :)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    That's pretty cool!
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    If you think I'm not making "The Plastics" from Mean Girls you are so wrong.

Also totally down to make my own daredevil granny group :D
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    LOL You guys can poo poo this all you want I'm excited and this sounds really neat :)
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    Yess! This with the Get To School Mod will totally flesh out my teens
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow. This has me even more excited. But how about not just rivalries but friends... groups of friends that meet up and circle each other but still have their own groups. I was thinking this is the core of this game yesterday (the groups) but I do have to say I wish the ads had focused on that if it was.
    Of course I want to hear more about the other stuff too.... lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    So now they are promoting gangs?
    LOL. That was exactly my first thought, as well. "Wow, now we can have gangs in Sims 4!!"

I'd rather have pets or vampires or toddlers or seasons.

• Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I smell a Romeo & Juliet plot brewing for the romantics :) (Hey don't look at me, my Sim is nuts... nobody wants that.)
  • Options
    lilly625lilly625 Posts: 221 Member
    I hope we have the option for frienemies!! They have the best drama!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

My impression so far is that clubs can include both. That they can be activity focused but also can oppose each other, if we want them too. I'm liking the idea of, say, elders only book clubs -and- teen social clubs that don't get along together (except maybe that one couple...)

Looking forward to more info on clubs. And maybe less on dancing to DJs, which is what the promo made the EP seem to be centred on. (And I'm keen to see the modern and rural parts of the new world too.)

Oh I hope you're right. I want to be able to set outfits for them, meeting times and places too. I want to make swim teams for the kids, cheer leading squads for teens, chess club, and wine/book clubs for the moms.

A guru did use the direct example of a book club. I can't find it now, but I did have eyes on it during the forum storm following the announcement.

I would imagine you can have some control on the relationship type between groups/clubs. so the clubs may not necessarily have enmity but have a stronger internal bond than other groups.

Though I have to say, I am looking forward to doing some simple stuff like two rival gardening clubs. I have seen this for real at our local rural shows in England - utterly hilarious - lol Some take it very, very seriously indeed.

I guess with a bit of thought, speed dating groups would be possible.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Hmm well this is interesting. I tried to create something like this in the Sims 3 with Twallan's mods but failed. However maybe my whole kingdom vs. kingdom scenario can finally be played out.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    OHM YES! This opens up so many possibilities!