Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guys, look what i found!! (Get together)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »

Indeed. Focussing on that would have also meant the EP title would have made more sense to start with.

Agreed, get together and clubs makes sense. I wonder why they left out what seems like such an important feature?

I guess the marketing department just made a big boo boo :)

It's not the developers fault how the marketing team chooses to promote what they develop, maybe EA should hire a better marketing personel for TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bordeaux2014Bordeaux2014 Posts: 81 Member
    Too much reminiscent of Mean Girls! Sorry EA that movie is 10 years old and grouping is not cool anymore... (Ok maybe it is)
    tumblr_m2wafd5_Hxa1rsyea4o1_500.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am loving the idea of having rival groups <3 Have a story with family feuds going in my mind.

Thank you for posting OP :smile: This was news to me!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Indeed. Focussing on that would have also meant the EP title would have made more sense to start with.

Agreed, get together and clubs makes sense. I wonder why they left out what seems like such an important feature?

I guess the marketing department just made a big boo boo :)

It's not the developers fault how the marketing team chooses to promote what they develop, maybe EA should hire a better marketing personel for TS4.

No disagreement off me there :)

The way it was all done was rather odd. Someone must have planned it out. And then a pile of folk agreed. I actually feel for them. The memory of that day and all the reactions will probably be etched in their minds forever. Do you think they all stood around afterwards sharing insecurities and telling self-deprecating jokes?

The title Get Together makes absolute sense in the context of groups and yet they chose to absolutely confuse everyone - odd decision.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    the more i hear about clubs the more i like.

The more I hear about clubs / groups the more I wonder why EA chose not to focus on them, when they posted the core features of the pack they barely got a mention, yet they seem like a pretty integral part of the ep. :/

Sims%204%20GT.jpg

Yes, the clubs with all their mechanics and "Get Together" makes much more sense. Hope they will tell us more about them soon.

Sorry, for second post, fiddly managing on the phone.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Decent up until the point when you realize this nice feature will become a nightmare, I'm not sure how yet or when but it will. Maybe your parents are goths and then they start hating you <.<
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Woohoo clubs? Does that mean sims can casually woohoo now? What if said sim don't have a partner.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Decent up until the point when you realize this nice feature will become a nightmare, I'm not sure how yet or when but it will. Maybe your parents are goths and then they start hating you <.<

Just because you are goth doesn't mean you have to hate everyone.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Dilaxer wrote: »
    lol Because 'enemies' have never existed before in The Sims... *rolls eyes*
    Dude, please, keep the negativity away.

(Starts to post then sees this, finishes this in a defeated fashion.)
  • Options

It was just an example lol. I meant more like if their parents are goth and they are preppy or whatever then they will hate each other and the game will make it impossible to be friends because we know all good ideas go to die in Sims games lol.

For once it's not just Sims 4 but 3 and maybe even 2 too. Celebrities, vampires, paparazzi and more XD
  • Options

It was just an example lol. I meant more like if their parents are goth and they are preppy or whatever then they will hate each other and the game will make it impossible to be friends because we know all good ideas go to die in Sims games lol.

For once it's not just Sims 4 but 3 and maybe even 2 too. Celebrities, vampires, paparazzi and more XD

Ha I see then xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree that they should have focused more on the clubs and less on the dancing and hanging out. These groups sound so much more interesting! I like that she said you can choose what the groups like to do.

An ep that encourages sims to do things together definitely appeals to me and is something I would buy.

I hope they add more new activities than what we've seen but I guess I'll have to wait for an official let's play to see.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    That is really interesting! So gangsta. XD

I was thinking along the same lines- YAY! Gang warfare in the Sims, cause that's what we need, fractionalizing into mutually hostile groups and hating on each other... except... don't we already have that here... in the forums. Oh well, my sim will bring the knives!
  • Options
    Woohoo clubs? Does that mean sims can casually woohoo now? What if said sim don't have a partner.

First good idea in a while! Casual Woo Hoo clubs! Maybe you should be working for the development team.
  • Options

I was thinking along the same lines- YAY! Gang warfare in the Sims, cause that's what we need, fractionalizing into mutually hostile groups and hating on each other... except... don't we already have that here... in the forums. Oh well, my sim will bring the knives!

Groups don't have to hate on each other necessarily I'm thinking.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    So what you are saying is a zombie apocalypse EP is now possible <.<
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Hrm, I though groups meant clubs, like book club, chess club, fantasy football club etc. I didn't realize it meant cliques. :(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member

First good idea in a while! Casual Woo Hoo clubs! Maybe you should be working for the development team.

Simguru Azure mentioned that in the video the op put up.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2015
    Random casual woohoo? Ugh, gross. Lol.

Only if they make sicknesses more abundant & spreadable so I can tell the "wanderers" apart.
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    I am loving the idea of having rival groups <3 Have a story with family feuds going in my mind.

Thank you for posting OP :smile: This was news to me!

Especially if vampires, witches and werewolves are introduced eventually. Can see some great stories about witchy families v vampire families. I hope this rival thing really is included.

• Options
    Hrm, I though groups meant clubs, like book club, chess club, fantasy football club etc. I didn't realize it meant cliques. :(

Well, since you decide what the club will be centered on it is really up to you. I will have plenty of nice little clubs, bridge for my elders, swimming club for the kids because it's important. I will also have one club that really doesn't mix with another club. Thinking it might be alien-haters against the alien-sympathizers. Will be interesting to see how it will play out in the game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited August 2015

My impression so far is that clubs can include both. That they can be activity focused but also can oppose each other, if we want them too. I'm liking the idea of, say, elders only book clubs -and- teen social clubs that don't get along together (except maybe that one couple...)

Looking forward to more info on clubs. And maybe less on dancing to DJs, which is what the promo made the EP seem to be centred on. (And I'm keen to see the modern and rural parts of the new world too.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

Do the groups have to dislike other groups though or is that something you can make them do? How would the game decide which groups hate what group if they're customizable.

(I don't feel I fully caught all the information in the video so I'm not sure if I missed something.)

As long as you can make those "book clubs" without adding enemies (while still having the option to), I'll be happy.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Ah this is really nice! It would be amazing for story telling, can't wait to find out more about those clubs, it seems like it's this whole new feature and i'm really eager to know what kind of clubs you can make!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options

Groups don't have to hate on each other necessarily I'm thinking.

Sure but where would be the fun otherwise? Joking, of course, I just watched the video and the EP is starting to at least make some sense. Maybe they should have had dark skinned girl lead the presentation instead of Rachel. She made sense and actually painted a clear picture of what a key feature of the EP is going to be.