Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open World for TS4 thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    A big thing on some Simmer's wishlists for TS4 is an open world. Didn't this cause major lag and shut down issues in TS3? I'd rather have quick loading screens then a basically, annoyingly unable to play game w/ an open world.

I totally agree with you. I enjoyed ts3 but the lag was unbearable and the corrupted game saves were annoying, especially whilst playing legacies.
    I doubt very much that open world will come to ts4, it's such a massive change to the core of the game that I doubt they would commit to it.

• Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    edited August 2015
    Do you think they'd bring back open world if TS5 was ever created?
    Nope. In fact, rooms will have to be loaded individually because it is too expensive and hard to have everything loaded. Don't worry though, we will get a huge immersive world with 3 lots and a 10 sim (only young adults of course!) population limit.
    /s
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Open world is impossible for the game's engine, but I don't see why the developers couldn't at least make the neighborhoods open. I honestly think I could've compromised with that! I just find it so annoying that we need a loading screen to go across the street or next door! It's ridiculous... especially since there are literally areas in the neighborhoods that you can go to without a loading screen anyway!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited August 2015
    A big thing on some Simmer's wishlists for TS4 is an open world. Didn't this cause major lag and shut down issues in TS3? I'd rather have quick loading screens then a basically, annoyingly unable to play game w/ an open world.

I was able to play the open world. My old laptop (i5 3GB RAM), my MacBook Pro (i7 2.5GHz 16 GB RAM and GT 750M) and gaming PC (i5 3.2GHz 16GB RAM) were all able to run the Sims 3 fine with varying success (i.e. the old laptop would crash sometimes if I remember right, but most of the time it would run it and I could play without lag). The gaming PC and MacBook Pro can do it without lagging out or crashing. In fact on 8.1, Sims 4 gave my PC more problems than 3 did
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Not for me. Which means it is a computer related issue, not open world related in general.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Never going to happen. Nice try though

Wait for future Sims games instead to beat Sims 3. No other Sims games can have a beautiful world as that user's signature up there ^
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Open world wasn't the problem, it was them not rechecking their work to make sure there were no more bugs or routing issues left in the game. Isla paradiso has the worst routing because they put the routing too close along the edges of the island, which is why sims would get stuck/glitch into the rocks. There are plenty of open world games that run beautifully, yet maxis/ea can't do it correctly. Although open world is never going to happen, i chose open world..why can i go across my street to my neighbors house in sims 3 but can't in sims 4? Just doesn't make sense.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I hate open world. Makes the world feels empty because it was big and it would lag if was more complex. I always enjoyed all sims with loading screens like sims 1, sims 2, sims 4. I don't even notice if is some secs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    With the size of the Sims4 neighorhoods - 5 lots - it shouldn't have been a big deal. - imo
    TSims3 had over a hundred lots with a lot more than 180 Sims population. Lol!

The game was alot buggier and laggier too plus the crashing.

To awnswer the OP, the game was made this way, it's impossible to make it open. The neighborhoods do not connect with each other if they did I think it would be possible to just somehow disable the loading screen.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I dislike how we have to travel to the house right next to us. However, I don't think open world is necessary, they'd have to be able to implement open world without causing sufficient lag like The Sims 3's open world did for many people, they'd also come to the realisation of how difficult it would be to add specific gameplay mechanics into the game. The Sims 3 had open world for example but in those open worlds it never had actual apartments, a retail store, and it would take allot more work if they decide to open up all buildings.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Open World did not cause lag

I had a good I'd gaming computer with S3...and I still had problems with it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I had a good gaming computer with S3...and I still had problems with it.

• Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    As much as I don't like all the loading screens, could we at least have larger open areas (public areas) around the lots with future towns.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Lordredzzz wrote: »
    Open World in Sims 4 is IMPOSSIBLE!
    I know, right? People are so delusional. Just accept this game is not going to be like TS2 & TS3. Although the dishwashers are much better quality, it just won't happen.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    edited August 2015
    trust me, i am MUCH MUCH happier Sims 4 not being an open world. Sims 3 took me 30 mins to just load. And the lag made it really difficult for me it to enjoy as much as I'm enjoying sims 2 and sims 4.
    but alas, the loading screens really DO annoy me as well
    People who keep hoping for the Sims 4 to become open world have no idea how games and their coding work. TS4 is not built for open world, so it's not going to happen - it cannot be done. On a smaller scale, possibly, i.e. having all the lots in a neighbourhood load at the same time (there are only five lots, max, in a neighbourhood).

I'm feeling the exact same way about this! It would much more convinient if they could have smaller scaled open world... (open neighbourhood?)
    It'd allow for so much freedom... One sim could be at the library and you switch to another who's at the gym....

I wonder if they could try to eliminate the loading screens and instead allow things to load slowly like in sims 3... when you enter a bulding the furniture will slowly load... Just an idea.
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    My fav city Bridgeport in Sims 3 was a nightmare. If I wanted to play past 2nd gen I needed a mod to clear the streets of all the extra taxis. When traveling to a vacation destination I could go make some tea, SLOWLY and hope that my Sim arrived 5 mins AFTER I sat down again. Interestingly enough the island world never had those problems - if you took the time and did what good coding should have done and cleaned up the abandoned houseboats blocking the water ways every few days!

I don't mind the small neighborhoods in SIM4. If you have the WR pack, the main camping grounds area is comparably huge. So, I think it should be possible to have players alter things, within reason, in such new worlds. 'Don't try to make Mount Everest and break the game' reasons.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    With the size of the Sims4 neighorhoods - 5 lots - it shouldn't have been a big deal. - imo
    TSims3 had over a hundred lots with a lot more than 180 Sims population. Lol!

The game was alot buggier and laggier too plus the crashing.

To awnswer the OP, the game was made this way, it's impossible to make it open. The neighborhoods do not connect with each other if they did I think it would be possible to just somehow disable the loading screen.

Was it? I never noticed any more than what I've read about in TS4. :lol:
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    There is no thoughts on open world, cause it ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I had a good I'd gaming computer with S3...and I still had problems with it.
    And no mods, no cc?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    I'd be happy with Semi-Open Worlds.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    actually open world is possible but not with the "old current worlds".

instead of create "micro worlds"(the hoods) they can make a "large" world and do the same of the "semi-open", make all npcs proper spawn around the world, ofcourse for that they need first make the game 64bits to not have issues and hire proper game developers which actually "programming skills" from this time not peoples which 2000 - skills.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    I've seen one of the producers say that they *might* be able to open the neighborhoods. But open world is impossible, and on Twitter a producer said that cast is impossible, too. Have fun with a downgraded game! I'm glad some ppl are enjoying it. I feel like a wasted a whole lotta money on this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Hopefully with the new game engine they'll build for S5, that they'll do a better job with the open world. In fact, I'm pretty much banking on an open world with all the complaints they're getting on social media for not having it.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

I never had lag due to "open world".

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    I've seen one of the producers say that they *might* be able to open the neighborhoods. But open world is impossible, and on Twitter a producer said that cast is impossible, too. Have fun with a downgraded game! I'm glad some ppl are enjoying it. I feel like a wasted a whole lotta money on this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Hopefully with the new game engine they'll build for S5, that they'll do a better job with the open world. In fact, I'm pretty much banking on an open world with all the complaints they're getting on social media for not having it.

they can't do that with the current worlds which already made being "micro hoods', sims 4 don't true have big worlds but micro worlds(the hoods), to connect that hoods need a huge rework in the engineer which they don't want to do but, create a new big world they can.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Last year around this time SimGuru Graham said that open worlds & CASt where two examples of features that couldn't be added due to the game engine. He also said that additional life stages are an example of what could be added later on. So unfortunately, open worlds are not going to happen no matter how much they are wanted.