Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open World for TS4 thoughts?

A big thing on some Simmer's wishlists for TS4 is an open world. Didn't this cause major lag and shut down issues in TS3? I'd rather have quick loading screens then a basically, annoyingly unable to play game w/ an open world.

Comments

• Options
    LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member
    Open World in Sims 4 is IMPOSSIBLE!
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
  • Options
    FoxzVivianaFoxzViviana Posts: 128 Member
    I thought so too, but looking through the forums that's what some people are hoping for?
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    A big thing on some Simmer's wishlists for TS4 is an open world. Didn't this cause major lag and shut down issues in TS3? I'd rather have quick loading screens then a basically, annoyingly unable to play game w/ an open world.

If I thought the creators for the Sims 4 were willing to spend the money and the time to perfect the system I would be all for the open world of sims 4. There are plenty of games that have open world systems. I'm sure if they really spent the money and time they could create an open world for the Sims. However for this game it's too late, they already stated it's impossible.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited August 2015
    Open world in TS3 didn't cause my game to lag on my old computer and doesn't cause it on this one. I don't play TS4 much because of the loading screens.
    ETA: and if open world is out, you can bet create-a-world for TS4 is out too. :(
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Exactly what @Rflong7 said. Even semi open worlds I think would satisfy some people. Sims 4 is graphically a step down from Sims 3 so even if it was possible to make the worlds open I don't think it would require as much power as Sims 3 did. Even so you can't blame Sims 3 itself for the lag you experienced.

Open world was huge and had a lot going on, the game really pushed the limits there so a lot of people weren't able to handle it on basic computers. Again, not Sims 3 fault.

But yeah, I think open worlds in Sims 4 would be perfect, especially considering how small the neighborhoods are now.
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Loading screen in Sims 4 doesn't really bother me. It loads fairly quickly for me (8-15 seconds max) so I can put up with it. Buuuut in Sims 3, it takes a few minutes more to load the game and then to load the save game, which what turns me off the most about the game, but I do love the open world. If only they could optimize the game so that loading doesn't take as long I would probably enjoy playing Sims 3 more than I do now. I heard its impossible to implement open world in Sims 4 now because the game engine isn't built for that.
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @BatmanFanGirl Agreed, they've already thrown that option out. I think they just threw something big together and didn't worry much about what was in it.

@Kelleygirl really!? Mine was so bad. Yeah, Create a world would be awesome though

@Trashmagic Sims 3 lagged no matter what computer I was on. I think even the neighborhoods being open would give the game a better push. Honestly it makes my sims stay home more then they would with an open world.

@BabyCarrotz They don't bother me either that much. I check my phone quick in the meantime or whatever. It wouldn't deter me from gameplay.
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    People who keep hoping for the Sims 4 to become open world have no idea how games and their coding work. TS4 is not built for open world, so it's not going to happen - it cannot be done. On a smaller scale, possibly, i.e. having all the lots in a neighbourhood load at the same time (there are only five lots, max, in a neighbourhood).
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    Do you think they'd bring back open world if TS5 was ever created?
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    @BatmanFanGirl Agreed, they've already thrown that option out. I think they just threw something big together and didn't worry much about what was in it.

@Kelleygirl really!? Mine was so bad. Yeah, Create a world would be awesome though

You know, I may have had lag a few times but I knew it was a horse or a Sim stuck behind a tree or on a hill and a reset took care of that. I really miss the open world. :( But I super miss create-a-world, I spent just as much time building my own world as I did playing others.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member

Won't happen. That was the whole point. It's supposed to have been able to run smoothly on most computers. There is no way that they can change it to an open world. They'd have to scrap the whole game, which at this point in time, is obviously impossible.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    Zoltank66Zoltank66 Posts: 19 New Member
    I'm okay with TS4 not being open world. Load/travel times for TS3 were abysmal on my laptop, something that's really improved in TS4. At first I didn't like the new loading screens, but then I realized the load times were less than the travel times in TS3.
  • Options
    Do you think they'd bring back open world if TS5 was ever created?

I'd hope and believe so. They must have learned from the atrocity that occurred before and during launch.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    @Kelleygirl I should go back and play TS3 and create a world, I suck at building and creating sims, but it'd be interesting to look at what my town would be :D
    @Zoltank66 completely agree. I loved TS3 loading screens, with the hints and you click and got lifetime points, it was interactive and didn't bore me completely( :smile:
    @justdancerebecca Yeah, I'd hope they'd listen to the Simmer's out pour but they haven't really been known to do that too much in the past(:
  • Options
    Eww, no....I hated the open world in sims 3, so many freaking bugs, especially in my fav city bridgeport.
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    I am quite happy with not having an open world. In the Sims 3, especially after multiple generations, the world became buggy and laggy, not to mention how long it took to travel. Sure, it's unrealistic to travel instantly, but I prefer to spend my time at the community lots rather than traveling to them.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    @Kelleygirl I should go back and play TS3 and create a world, I suck at building and creating sims, but it'd be interesting to look at what my town would be :D
    @Zoltank66 completely agree. I loved TS3 loading screens, with the hints and you click and got lifetime points, it was interactive and didn't bore me completely( :smile:
    @justdancerebecca Yeah, I'd hope they'd listen to the Simmer's out pour but they haven't really been known to do that too much in the past(:
    Well from what I've heard, it would have been a massive blunder had they not listened to us (at least a bit) prior to release of 4. Wasn't it supposed to be a Sims Social type deal?
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Not coming, ever. It doesn't matter if many simmers (like me) want it, it's still not possible to do.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    @justdancerebecca That's what I heard. Although EA love to say things and then not deliver. I think honestly if they listened to majority in the first place they wouldn't have this big of a pushback :D
    @Kiwicantdie you think they'll bring it back if/when TS5 happens?
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @justdancerebecca That's what I heard. Although EA love to say things and then not deliver. I think honestly if they listened to majority in the first place they wouldn't have this big of a pushback :D
    @Kiwicantdie you think they'll bring it back if/when TS5 happens?

Hopefully.
    If they're ever going to work on TS5, I hope they can bring back the open world with the coding that's making all lots on TS4 much more lively, crowded and realistic. On TS3 there were way too many times empty community lots: you went to one place and hardly a couple of sims showed up, if none at all. Since this problem is definitely fixed on TS4, I'd like to have more "crowded" worlds on TS5.
    (but TS5 is still just a dream for us ;P)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    @Kiwicantdie Yes! You had to like invite people to the park to make it more lively! And it was always the same sims there! :D They did definately fix that in TS4.
    Even a dream is an understatement. It's so far away. They should just drop TS4 and move on :'D They've dug their grave enough. I'm excited to see what it'll look like to be honest. The difference in graphics from TS3 to TS4 was shocking for me at first(:
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    edited August 2015
    Open world is the main reason i still find myself playing Sims 3 more then the Sims 4, and i was honestly disappointed when i found out that there would be none of that in Sims 4.

Maybe if they one day release Sims 5 it will be the best of both the Sims 4 and Sims 3 and then some.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Open World did not cause lag
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LaybackSpinLaybackSpin Posts: 40 Member
    Sims Team: "Engine Limitations" "Things change" "Tactility" "Emotional" "Intuitive"