The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could put 1 feature that we've never had in a Sims game before into Sims 4 what would it be?

Comments

• Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Vidaroc wrote: »
    I love these ideas and I hope the right people are reading!

Im going to join with a few others on this I think....I would love to see the kids go to school and be interactive there, but if that is too much, I'd be happy to have school events be interactive. So you dont see the kids go to school, but like every two weeks or week there is an active event where you control them. Here would be some of the events...

School dances, homecoming, prom etc

School projects, science fair- you would choose between like 10-20 projects and can get help from siblings or parents at home to work on it, then on Science Fair day you would present it to the fair judges and parents with possible things going wrong in the creative way they do that. Haha

Show and tell day

Class trip - so you go camping or visit a cool young people friendly town with your classmates. So not like the whole school but with kids your age, like 15-20 different kids and two teachers or something.

Any other ideas for events where we could control our sims with relation to their school life? :-)

Class trip?! Why not the aquarium, the science museum, the Historic village, a functioning farm with animals....those are all places the rl kids go on field trips! :) And to be honest, I don't think going on a class trip is something we have to really miss out on NOW. If your kid knows everyone in class you can travel with an go to your own built lot of choice. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Also I have a VERY simple request. I wish Sims could sit on the front stairs. Its a nice informal place to sit and look at the stars. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    Boatbuilding would be soooo much fun!

The TS3 IP was brilliant - but far to limited, when it comes to building your own boat/ship. (and not a word about the lag's!)

Make a new "sailable" foundation - and scalable up to e.g 20 x 40 tiles.
    Need the opportunity to build completely to the bow of the boats (was not an option in TS3) - eg putting gunwale (half wall) completely to the front of the deck/ship.
    Both the ladders and the small combination toilet was brilliant in TS3.

The ships should/could dock at "longitudinal" - and not only through a gangway at the back.
    Climb to the mainland by the ladder on the side of the ship or the walkway.
    More ships along the same bay - or split up in sections/lots - but yet to be one after the other along the coastline.

In general the "sail-package" includes more "ship's stuff" such as portholes, ship doors, sails, bowsprit, navigating, radarroom, galley, depth sounder, lifeboats, hatches, machinery/motor to be maintained and controlled - and stuff like that.
    Maybe trawl, so you could go industrial fishing as a career (and sell at the auction in the morning)?
    Start and expand the fishing skill - and join the fishing fleet, when you reach level 5 on your own fishing boat (built by yourself)

Perhaps a career at the seas - start as a poor sailor or machinist and finish as captain, planning the route to sail and be the leader on the bridge?
    To maneuver a larger ship, you need a larger crew - like cook, mate, machinist, radaroperator, captain - every one with their own tasks to make the ship sail correctly.

My son and I have built the "2 tugboats" on the gallery - just to be ready to hit the seas, when TS4 Isla Paradiso is released.
    Can't wait
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Also I have a VERY simple request. I wish Sims could sit on the front stairs. Its a nice informal place to sit and look at the stars. :)

As someone who does sit on the front stairs a lot IRL, yes please!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    I'd

As someone who does sit on the front stairs a lot IRL, yes please!

It's not exactly what you're looking for but LumiaLovers did make a sit on the stairs mod.
    http://lumialoversims.tumblr.com/post/116737007194/this-mod-does-exactly-what-its-named-it-allows
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    :) I just think Sims should be able to sit on the stairs and chat with neighbors passing by, contemplate life, read a book, do their homework OR drink a cup of tea. Of course only 1 sim should be able to sit at a time so that others can still get by.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    SilvySilvy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2015
    I would like a way to add skills your sim has, before you start playing them. Like being able to create a sims with level 5 (max) photography or something. That way you dont have to make a teen for them to have skills when they grow into a young adult.

It would also be nice for them to get diseases or something. I know get to work can make your sims randomly catch like, a cold or something, but I mean like cancer or something. It would keep the game interesting, because they could make it like the plumbob on the sims 3 (xbox) where if you used to much karma, then you would have 50% chance of 'angering the plumbob' and it cast like the cosmic curse. It would add suspension to the game, because then you would be wondering if your sim would be able to live through it, or die. Course, they should also add an option to turn it off, in case someone doesn't want that to happen.

It would also be nice to have more ways of income for stay at home sims, other than gardening, painting, photography, etc

Just a couple of stuff I came up with off the top of my head! ^.^
  • Options
    TrulyATeen18TrulyATeen18 Posts: 56 Member
    [quote="Mkins;13854060"]I think a power outage would be interesting.[/quote]

it can coincide with seasons
  • Options
    kksharkykksharky Posts: 4 New Member
    Have your Sims be landlords/renters. Either purchase lots to rent out or be able to section off part of your home to rent to an NPC. Could be in an "Apartments" style EP. This way you could get a renter to help pay your bills. It'd be cool to be able to evict noisy or unruly tenants, settle disputes between renters, and give out fines for damages. Alternatively, you could play as a renter and have a status bar letting you know if you are at risk of being evicted (too many parties/loud music/fighting).
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    hmm actually to see time evolv in what sims can use and how the worlds look

a bit of a mix with civilazation
    where somethings a thied to some time periodes... with a tech tree... and you set it to work on discovering things and it take x sim days
    but if you wanted a difrent kind of world you can make it sattic, and mix and match waht thecs is working in that world....
    it would influents what items you can use in buildings and clothes, even hair... also what skills you can gain... and jobs....

likely not posible in sims4 but for a new simstype game
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    @anettesb I agree :D
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    @anettesb I agree :D

really if we could mix sims play (mostly open world sims3 or nabohoods that work like sims3 worlds) with civilazation (not the war just the history play, and tech tree) and simcity (edit the world as we play... even roads) I be a happy camper... as my favorit game types be in 1 game....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    I woud like a veterinarian career. It could go along with a Pets EP, and it would be awesome if they made it an active career! Just like the doctor career, people could bring their cats, dogs, horses and anything else in, and the sims could solve what is wrong with them! Pets could get abandoned as well and the sims could either adopts them themselves, or fix them up and find them a loving home! It would be so fun and cute!
    Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Options
    foxfaes wrote: »
    I woud like a veterinarian career. It could go along with a Pets EP, and it would be awesome if they made it an active career! Just like the doctor career, people could bring their cats, dogs, horses and anything else in, and the sims could solve what is wrong with them! Pets could get abandoned as well and the sims could either adopts them themselves, or fix them up and find them a loving home! It would be so fun and cute!

that sounds fun

the cares first step could be working with feeding and takeing care of the animals then you later get to be clinic asistenst.. and later a veterinarian yourself.
  • Options
    foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    foxfaes wrote: »

that sounds fun

the cares first step could be working with feeding and takeing care of the animals then you later get to be clinic asistenst.. and later a veterinarian yourself.

Exactly! I could go on and on about this. I have wanted this career since TS2 and have already mapped out all the ideas and promotions, and now with the introduction of active careers, it is making my mind go bonkers over this idea and I want it even more now!

Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,725 Member
    This is like a redundant idea and kinda implausible but I think if our sims had like a little schedule book, it will be more like in real life.

For eg, the player gets to write down "party with friend" and then you choose a time from a drop menu, let's say 6pm.
    On normal days, the player will get a reminder that your sim should go for the party.
    However on rare occasions, maybe there might be some "opportunity" pop up, the one similar to TS3, that comes up right at around 5.30pm.
    It's supposed to be unexpected for the player, so now the player has to decide whether to do that other task or go to the party that they've already planned and then whichever they choose will have some random consequence too. So maybe if I choose to forget about the party, then my sim's friendship with the friend might go down, etc.

Another idea is that I wish there were community centers for your sims to sign up for classes, like guitar classes or cooking classes that their sims can attend to increase their skills. I don't know if this was already in other games.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay in sims 3 you can take classes at the difrent rabitholes my sims often want to take them to Learn new skills, think you can only do it 1 time pr skill.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,725 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    @DeKay in sims 3 you can take classes at the difrent rabitholes my sims often want to take them to Learn new skills, think you can only do it 1 time pr skill.

Oh, then maybe in TS4, there shouldn't be rabbitholes for those classes. Kinda like the yoga class we have for Spa Day. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    hmm I thought of a thing to day

I like an extra adult stage.... or elder... but where they don't go like the elders now... but like adults, yet female sims can't get pregnant...
    middleage I guess...
    to help ensure that elders don't have small kids... though as we have no kids born with out us saying so it dosn't matter much
    but if we got a slightly better nabohood control for not rotational players...

ok I'm rambling... just athought
  • Options
    NekaSaranoNekaSarano Posts: 33 Member
    A job as carpenter or someone who would do home makeovers. It would work the the stylist career in Sims 3 where you go to the client's house and they give you a list of what they want. For example: 4x6 room, 1 chair, 2 lamps, etc. Just like the checklist for when you're making a certain lot type.
  • Options
    SimmerChloeSimmerChloe Posts: 36 Member
    NekaSarano wrote: »
    A job as carpenter or someone who would do home makeovers. It would work the the stylist career in Sims 3 where you go to the client's house and they give you a list of what they want. For example: 4x6 room, 1 chair, 2 lamps, etc. Just like the checklist for when you're making a certain lot type.

That's pretty much the interior designer career from the sims 3 ambitions (without the specified room size), but I really wish they would add it to sims 4! :blush: It's such a fun career to play in my opinion, probably the best from ambitions.
  • Options
    AtlaxaAtlaxa Posts: 327 Member
    Adjustable height. Different height for different Sims. :)
  • Options
    kittenpolishkittenpolish Posts: 17 New Member
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > Sims going on a Cruise Ship.

Yes totally.
  • Options
    lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    This may sound a little (more like very) far-fetched, but it'd be fun to play with worlds from different eras. You know, playing with time - from the Middle Ages (personally I don't like the Sims Medieval... the story is already made for you) the Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, the roaring twenties, the seventies, to the future.

Obviously this is unrealistic, and way too big of an idea, but I've enjoyed the increments of time that The Sims franchise has added to enhance the game (Roaring Heights, 70s, 80s, 90s stuff, into the future, etc:) and it'd be fun to expand my stories in this way.
  • Options
    pudels66pudels66 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd like to see a working farm. I'm a big harvest moon fan as well and I love taking care of the animals and plamting/harvesting crops. You could produce milk, eggs, wool, etc.