Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often does you game crash?

The Sims 4 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem.
I know your heart skipped a beat reading this quote.

I think everyone has seen their game crash at least once. Mine crashes at almost every session.
But I wonder what's the average. Are you one of the lucky ones, who never crashes, or are you like me, saving every 20 minutes just in case?

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I can quite honestly say, I'm one of the lucky ones. I've never had TS4 crash on me.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The cupcake machine used to crash my game every single time. But thanks to SimGuruBChick's help, that rare bug is fixed now since the February patch. <3 My Sims can make cupcakes whenever they want now. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I can safely say I've not experienced 1 crash since having this game and all of it's packs (minus luxury stuff).

Bugs abound surely, but thankfully, no crashes.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No crashing for me. I save fairly regularly anyways to 2 saves per game. It's just a habit picked up from playing S3.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    Really? Mine has been crashing since day one.
  • Options
    MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    It crashed once when I was browsing the gallery. The game runs very well though given the graphics and the world setting, I'm not surprised.
    Signature3.jpg
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I really don't experience crashes. Now Imma gonna knock on some wood.
    I do get the windows thing sometimes but not while actually playing. I will say that I get the windows thing a lot even when I'm not anywhere near sims game. windows 8 and 8.1 just plain suck and the problem there is with windows and not with the game.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Maybe two or three times, but in the time span I've had the game, that's virtually nothing.
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    edited July 2015
    i turned off all the addons that came with the video driver and just run the driver by itself, big culprit was AMD external event handlers... running bare bones in windows seemed to stop the crashes. I tested this by turning off the procesesses in task manager. played nice again, so i went into msconfig and permanently turned everything off except for the main driver for my video card. (R9-270x)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have not had any crashes in Sims 4 or Sims 3. Not a one.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    At least once a day for no reason all of a sudden the game will start to stutter and lag then my computer totally locks up.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It crashed once but it was because a cc.
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Pretty much never.
    Even on my laptop with win 8.1.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    On my laptop, all the darn time :/

On my husbands desktop, never. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    edited July 2015
    What graphic card do you have? Drivers up to date?

If you use Cc, remove it, see if it gets better.
    Playing with graphic setting might be worth a try.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mine crashes after four minutes in CAS. Not just the game, the entire computer goes black (and then restarts again).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    No..it doesn't crash on me. That's the one thing I appreciate about Ts4.
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    The Sims 4 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem.

I think everyone has seen their game crash at least once. Mine crashes at almost every session.
    But I wonder what's the average. Are you one of the lucky ones, who never crashes, or are you like me, saving every 20 minutes just in case?

What levels did you choose for graphics? When I had at maximum, my game crashed...
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I can't say that mine has crashed recently because I haven't played it recently. But since the start, in about 170 hours of playtime, TS4 has crashed on me about a dozen times. Base game only, no mods, no CC, I do have a decent computer and graphics card. It has crashed during building roofing a few times, the cause of this was fixed in a patch. It has crashed a few times trying to play the Goths, no idea why. It has crashed a few times while in fast speed in the rocket ship and a few other random times.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    What levels did you choose for graphics? When I had at maximum, my game crashed...
    My card is pretty strong, it's a GTX760. It shouldn't be a problem I think.

I guess cc could be the culprit, but I remember the game crashed the very first night the game was released. The only other clue is a faulty memory. When I start my PC I hear a bip! And many times I need to ctrl-alt-del to reboot because it cannot read memory at the start up. I guess I need to buy a few sticks of RAM.

But it's good to see that almost everyone's game runs fine.

Post edited by SmokeyBearz on
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

If your game is crashing every time you play

Can you post you computer specs please

windows Key + R Key in the runbox type DxDiag, hit ok and save a copy of the text file to your desktop. Please copy and paste the text file in sections in several posts. The report will not fit in all one post its too large . Thank you

• Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Mine crashes after four minutes in CAS. Not just the game, the entire computer goes black (and then restarts again).

I had that happen years ago on a different computer. My computer was overheating. I cleaned the fans and it stopped happening.

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options

windows Key + R Key in the runbox type DxDiag, hit ok and save a copy of the text file to your desktop. Please copy and paste the text file in sections in several posts. The report will not fit in all one post its too large . Thank you
    I made a post in the Tech section :)

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I made a post in the Tech section :)

got it and replied.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    My game never crashed. But maybe that's also because I can't stand playing it for more than 5 minutes before shutting it down myself.