Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little details you miss from sims 3?

pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
These are things that would be great to add to the game through updates or gamepacks, etc*

I personally miss the option to asign beds to people so it was THEIR bed. I do however like how they added locks to doors BUT they didn't add the option to set it for specfic sims, example instead lf just household, your sim, etc, i liked being able to set the (parents bedroom for an example) to just the parents by setting specfic sims that are allowed in and out Also; auto roofs, colour wheel, pond terrain tool. Also the hill terrain tool, where you could make the ground higher or lower. These are not including big details like toddlers and open world. :smiley:
What do you miss?
Post edited by pixel_leee on

Comments

• Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Toddler stage. Hate to be that person, but adored watching as the toddler learned to walk and talk, and progression it took to get them there. It was the toddler progression that's the little things about sims 3, not the toddlers as a whole
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Charlottka123Charlottka123 Posts: 69 Member
    Yup, I miss toddlers, but to be honest I don't think nither TS3 or TS4 is the most detailed. TS2 wins for me, as it appears so smooth in my head :blush:
    tumblr_nlkj4yHrgp1u1hs3qo1_250.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Little details? Auto-roofing, and digging my own pond.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member

I second that. I also really really miss terrain tools - I know that's not really a little detail but still....
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Burglars!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    Seeing my sim's face when using the option wheel. I really miss it.
  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    The color wheel.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    Definitely making a pond, smaller telescopes, and auto-roofing
    Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Options
    pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member

I second that. I also really really miss terrain tools - I know that's not really a little detail but still....

big deal? i completely forgot about how awesome it was to have a farm/country family and a pond! Defianitly want pont tools again! As well as auto roof hehe.
  • Options
    SimmerChloeSimmerChloe Posts: 36 Member
    The absence of an option to assign doors and beds to certain sims is driving me nuts lately... It's all fun and games until I find out that Eliza Pancakes is literally sleeping with my sim's husband.
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    Seeing my sim's face when using the option wheel. I really miss it.
    This!!!
    I don't know why, but I really do miss that!

And also everything else all of you wrote :)
  • Options
    DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
    The color wheel
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Seasons!
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    larger lots. they use to be larger? right?
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    Being able to have sims make their beds or leave them unmade because come on, not everyone gets up in the morning all chipper and makes their bed automatically. Another thing I miss are dishwashers because it takes sims forever to wash them in the a Sims 4. I also miss the abundance of family relations like sister in law, step-mother, great-great grandfather, and I think there were half siblings? (To be honest I can't even remember haven't checked.) I miss being able to set things like Fiancé or Boyfriend. I also don't like how a Sims don't get step parents and are left with impartial relationships.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    I know seasons has been said, but I would really like to have them again. Also I really miss having so many personality traits to choose from. I enjoy creating Sims so to be able to create a lot with totally distinct "personalities" would be nice. And I know that they usually came with EP's and SP's but I really miss having a lot to choose from.
  • Options
    arimi00arimi00 Posts: 107 Member
    I really miss the world editor, miss the options to delete or place new lots ( & trees ,rocks,landmarks ) of the size I want where I want :(
  • Options
    ChubbychuckChubbychuck Posts: 214 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Little details? Auto-roofing, and digging my own pond.

--------------------------------------------------

Ah yeah. The terrain features in TS3 are amazing. I wish we had that in TS4 as well. I used to build slopes and buildings ontop of the slopes back in TS3.

Just hope they implement a system for individual foundations so you can decide what building/room gets it or not down the line.
    My Gallery

Origin: ChubbyChuckTS
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2015
    Color wheel, making ponds, rocks that look real and mountains. The tree that have real looking bark. Swings, slides, and seesaws for children. Bikes, strollers, terrain tools, round roofs, wood texture that looks like wood, sliding patio door, sky lights, stage that can be used to make tri level houses, to be able to color the foundation the same as the house (nothing matches in Sims 4) real looking steel fences (industrial fence) and the Ocean. Taxi's, buses. What is up with all the Gnomes in Sims 4, I don't get it. Sims use to sing now they tell jokes. I miss the singing.
    Grass with texture, I had to get a mod for that, just so something had texture. I also miss being able to delete one floor tile at a time. We have hot tubs, why couldn't they include in ground one also? Body hair for men I miss. Teenagers that look like teenagers. Teaching toddlers to walk and talk, potty training them. Bottom line real texture, everything look plastic. Why in this stage they don't have eyelashes? We finally got spiral stairs and L shape stairs, now we don't, I miss them. You can't really make them in Sims 4. One modern fireplace? They could have at least given us two. Last but not least a world editor. Open world to explore. We have the grimm reaper and tomb stones. Where is the grave yard, I miss that also. What about the junk yard, I miss that, looking for part other that your living room. Video games I also miss.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    kaylade5154kaylade5154 Posts: 144 Member
    I miss burglars and being able to call the police and firemen, also the hair colour wheel, giving them streaks and changing roots as well as toddlers. Also i wish they could leave the bed unmade, it is kind of annoying that they just wake up like that and automatically make their bed. :'( :# :(
  • Options
    dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    1. The EA store: the gallery doesn't compare too well at all! With the store, you had much more variety and types of content!

2. World Editor (I'm no builder - but I loved the creativity of custom worlds!)

3. World adventures (the quests really gave some direction)

4. Seasons (the igloos, the festivals!)

I'm not much of a toddler person, so I'm quite well off without them!.
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    open world, open world, open world.. I know it's not a small detail.. but I do miss open worlds and a lot:((
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    The blue UI.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    The blue UI.
    This.

But to add on, I liked the fact that everything was in one place- the bottom corner of the screen.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    The coffee shop, coupled with laptops. It was a nice place to hangout, and I'm tired of going to the gym.