Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just passing this along to S3 Players

Comments

• Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    mine is doing something and it is uninstall some packs and leaving some
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    Why am I not surprised this at all?

Thanks for the warning. I will go on Origin later and make sure it doesn't try to fix what isn't broken.
  • Options
    or they could putting it into ditigal format
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Ugh It happened to mine and I couldn't even launch my game any more. I hate Origin!! Lucky I was able to get my save but now I have to install everything again :tired_face:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,431 Member
    The update is totally destroying my Sims 3 and I don't know how to stop it. This is really incredible.
  • Options
    same here stupid origin they should left it alone or tell us that is going to happen
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    This is so stupid! Thank god I installed my TS3 games from Steam rather than Origin. Completely unexcusable and unacceptable.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    Why isn't there a SimGuru thread about this on the forum?? I get that bugs happen, but take some responsibility and give us some guidance!
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    i tottaly agree there.

There should be a heads up when that happens
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Echowever wrote: »
    Why isn't there a SimGuru thread about this on the forum?? I get that bugs happen, but take some responsibility and give us some guidance!

agree this needs fixing asp....
    and first step would be to STOP the update so it dosn't make more problems.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    I am glad I saw this.
    I will not play anything related to origin until this is fixed. I value TS3 more than anything else they have.
    Thanks for the warning.

It's just TS3 and Steam for now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I rejected the Origin update. I hope that will save me from disaster until I get some news that it's OK again.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,431 Member
    I managed to cancel the repair process for each EP. I didn't allow to re-install the games. I just started it and it seems to be ok - I'm glad!!
  • Options
    i wish i did that but I didn't, it took out some of my game packs and when I am downloading the base game now I need to rebuy seasons, university and showtime in which I have registered and have them in disk
  • Options
    Nancy01905 wrote: »
    i wish i did that but I didn't, it took out some of my game packs and when I am downloading the base game now I need to rebuy seasons, university and showtime in which I have registered and have them in disk

You registered the games with Origin? Did Origin forget that you have the games registered? Any chance you still have the registration codes for those expansions?
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    I do have the codes for them
  • Options
    Yes I do. I keep them in there cases,

I just tried to download TS3 base game from origin and it says my laucher isnt working
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Echowever wrote: »

They've abandoned us for 4.

• Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    (looks down at the floor) Oh no...

I have set origin so it auto updates...
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    br560 wrote: »

Origins can update just don't let it mess with TS3.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2015
    The mob is getting ugly.

The solution, from what players are reporting, is to let Origin update but don't allow the "repair" process to run on TS3 items. For those for whom Origin no longer works, try uninstalling and reinstalling it (Origin only).

For those whose EPs and game have been "repaired" but got uninstalled instead, well that sounds painful and yes they will have to reinstall. But no one should have to repurchase games they already own and have registered. EA will sort this all out eventually.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    br560 wrote: »

Origins can update just don't let it mess with TS3.

Ahh... right. I'm not doomed.

I would have probably (knowing me) clicked the repair game button.

It hasn't asked me yet.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited July 2015
    So, basically, the best thing to do is just click the close-out x on that message screen & we're good? Am I understanding that correctly? Do we know if it does anything to our games if the Origin application itself needs updating (like it always seems to)?
    Edit: Of course @igazor appeared as the voice of calm as I was checking the EA/Origin help site & typing this at the same time. *phew*
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The mob is getting ugly.

The solution, from what players are reporting, is to let Origin update but don't allow the "repair" process to run on TS3 items. For those for whom Origin no longer works, try uninstalling and reinstalling it (Origin only).

For those whose EPs and game have been "repaired" but got uninstalled instead, well that sounds painful and yes they will have to reinstall. But no one should have to repurchase games they already own and have registered. EA will sort this all out eventually.

That's good to know, but I think I will stay away from Origin for a while.
    I have a lot to do in TS3 to keep me busy for a while anyway.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    So it sounds like folks like @Nancy01905 should uninstall and reinstall Origin (not Sims 3) before attempting anything else?

Am I following you, @igazor ?
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg