Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just passing this along to S3 Players

Comments

• Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Okay, I'm safe to update, that's good.

Now the interesting thing is why they would "fix" our game(s). They aren't broken to the point where we notice any difference. And this is EA (maybe just Origin, but I'm sure EA had a role here), why would they try to fix anything?! Especially something that doesn't really matter. And why haven't they addressed this?! They should be apologizing, fixing the issue, and helping those who clicked on repair. But what do we hear? Silence. Maybe they're trying to fix it, but it would be helpful to hear a "I'm so sorry, we're working hard to get this fixed." But who am I kidding? This is EA.

This is a bit farfetched, but it sounds like a virus to just wipe out the Sims 3. You know what? Never mind, forget that. I sound like some kind of crazy conspirator, no matter how terrible EA is, they aren't that low. Right? Yes. Although if this turns out to be that crazy, I don't think any of us would be surprised.

However... EA, GET OVER HERE. NOW. You've got some explaining to do.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It would be fantastic if they fixed the lag in Isla Paradiso, but I'm sure this will never happen.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I guess I won't be touching origin for a while. Good thing I already have my favorite EPs installed.

attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2015
    Echowever wrote: »
    So it sounds like folks like @Nancy01905 should uninstall and reinstall Origin (not Sims 3) before attempting anything else?

Am I following you, @igazor ?
    That would be my suggestion, and perhaps SuperPatching if their game and EPs actually haven't already been wiped out by the "repair" process.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

I'm flying blind here because, although all digital and installed through Origin, I always use the TS3SW.exe shortcut to start my game and bypass both the Launcher and Origin in the process. But you have to have purchased the base game prior to Sept. 2012 for that to work.

Origin is a different division from everything else within EA, but I agree that an official announcement of some kind as to what this was supposed to be about and what's being done about it would be nice.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    So it sounds like folks like @Nancy01905 should uninstall and reinstall Origin (not Sims 3) before attempting anything else?

origin unstall some of the TS3 packs on me so why unstall origin and re stall to get the games back?
  • Options
    Nancy01905 wrote: »
    origin unstall some of the TS3 packs on me so why unstall origin and re stall to get the games back?
    Players who puchased their base game after a certain date have to launch through Origin. They do not have a choice.

If you have another way to reinstall your damaged/missing EPs from the flawed Repair procedure pushed out, and to launch them, then of course you should try that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member

Origin is preventing you from reinstalling, right? Or did I understand correctly? Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin should -- we hope -- fix whatever problem with Origin is mucking up your attempt to reinstall.

You're going to have to reinstall your game. You shouldn't have to repurchase anything.

It might be worth uninstalling EVERYTHING and then reinstalling everything. If you do, be sure to copy your save games to someplace safe first.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    origing1_zpsrlpfumvu.png

I have two of universtiy's cause one is the limited version same with the seasons
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    I have two of universtiy's cause one is the limited version same with the seasons

I saw that glitch discussed on another thread. You have two icons for Seasons and University -- one that's owned and one for purchase. Just install the one that you own.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So basically EA doesn't want to acknowledge the fact the patch is messing up games they basically tell you to let it repair.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I updated Origin and I got that message too. I just hit later and everything and I used my Into the Future disk and it loaded.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    Players who puchased their base game after a certain date have to launch through Origin. They do not have a choice.

If you have another way to reinstall your damaged/missing EPs from the flawed Repair procedure pushed out, and to launch them, then of course you should try that.

Is it only effecting those with disc and or the games locked int Origin? Im using all downloads. I Can bypass the launcher no problem. My origin updated and my game is fine. No files missing etc. No notice I needed too repair my game. I do have the superpatch
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Apparently an Origin update breaks S3 packs

Sims Community ‏@TheSimCommunity 16m16 minutes ago
    If you see this message in Origin, ignore it! It'll try to update your TS3 packs but in the end they'll break.

CKo7UduWoAA2zef.png

People also posting in the sims 4 about this issue with the sims 3. I just got a response from Sim Guru Drake in below thread. Said they will look into this issue ASAP

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846138/origin-acting-weird-with-games/p2
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello Everyone,

Those of you experiencing this issue can you please report the error (Origin > Help > Origin Error Reporter) so we can get a deeper look into what is causing the issue.

Thanks!
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2015
    Is it only effecting those with disc and or the games locked int Origin? Im using all downloads. I Can bypass the launcher no problem. My origin updated and my game is fine. No files missing etc. No notice I needed too repair my game. I do have the superpatch

That was my experience too. Origin updated and I never got a notice to "repair" my TS3 install. I bought some from Steam but registered and installed through Origin. All digital, no disks. The rest I bought from Origin. I also don't have any problem bypassing the launcher. Maybe it's not affecting everyone.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »

That was my experience too. Origin updated and I never got a notice to "repair" my TS3 install. I bought some from Steam but registered and installed through Origin. All digital, no disks. The rest I bought from Origin. I also don't have any problem bypassing the launcher. Maybe it's not affecting everyone.

Its seems like disc and or people who are locked into Origin and cant use the ts3w file to bypass the launcher. Im also seeing some people who have the old patching system having issues. Im superpatched and can bypass the launcher and don't need origin to play and if your in the same boat as me maybe why we are not effected by the update.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Omg I got the same message :frowning: yes I've ignored it for now but hopefully origin don't try this again I sent a 'Origin Error Reporter' I don't know how much that is going to help but hopefully they will work on this
  • Options
    CiaraOfCiaranCiaraOfCiaran Posts: 23 New Member
    Ugh I wish I had seen this sooner, I hit the repair button and I lost everything. I can't get my sims to work even after un installing the sims 3 and origin and cleaning my whole computer up, it still won't let me play....Guess I am out of playing the sims for a while till it's figured out how I can play it again :(
  • Options
    I have to do a re stall thru origin to get it to work again
  • Options
    SimGuruJanitorSimGuruJanitor Posts: 13 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks,
    If you are encountering this issue please file an Origin Error Report (In Origin, Help Menu, "Origin Error Reporter"). After that, it would be helpful if you could reply to this thread with the Report ID number.

It would also be helpful to know if you originally installed the game on this computer from disc or via Origin.
  • Options
    ladymadonnaladymadonna Posts: 141 Member
    forcing people to buy and play sims4...because everyone knows its s**t
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just loaded today and didn't get Origin popping up or any messages to repair my games even though I loaded from disk and I just bypassed the launcher which loaded my game up in a minute.That's how long it took to go from clicking the shortcut to having my legacy game fully loaded.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @SimGuruJanitor and @SimGuruDrake
    thank you for commenting
    do you want to know if we got the messege, or only if we got the problem after leting it repair?
    the messege it self is a problem I asume?
    havn't been on origin in ages

and @SimGuruJanitor what if we don't remember if we used the disc or origin? have the the discs so likely did disc, but thats not 100% sure... though if I don't need origin running to play I guess I'm on disc for all! well atleast I am for ITF.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    OMG! Unfortunately, I was a victim to this 'error' in Origin... however, I didn't completely go through the process. I did the "repair" part for every expansion and stuff pack, but answered 'no' whenever they asked me if I wanted to "completely remove everything associated with the application" or something like that... so, my games were all still there. But when I went to play the game, I would get an error saying "Sims 3 Launcher Stopped Working". So, I decided to do a system restore point to BEFORE I did the "repairs". And now my launcher opens, but the game won't start when I press 'play'.

I don't know what to do! :(
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    OMG! Unfortunately, I was a victim to this 'error' in Origin... however, I didn't completely go through the process. I did the "repair" part for every expansion and stuff pack, but answered 'no' whenever they asked me if I wanted to "completely remove everything associated with the application" or something like that... so, my games were all still there. But when I went to play the game, I would get an error saying "Sims 3 Launcher Stopped Working". So, I decided to do a system restore point to BEFORE I did the "repairs". And now my launcher opens, but the game won't start when I press 'play'.

I don't know what to do! :(
    Players who have aborted the process somewhat similar to where you did report that their EPs (maybe the base game) were actually downpatched. You might be able to fix things by running the SuperPatcher and bringing everything back up to Patch 1.67.

That is, if System Restore didn't actually mess things up more. That's really meant for operating system rollbacks, not third party programs like games. But it's worth a try if you can tolerate the huge download.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!