Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most people think the next ep is Late Night

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Late Night-themed EPs are usually the 2nd or 3rd Expansion Packs so I think it will be :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.

Gawd I hope not ... more partying , more talking in bars and more woohoo ... dont we have enough bars/lounges/nightclubs in this game as it is

I agree, I don't want more party stuff, I want some family game play, I'd like to see Islands, CAW, houseboats, surfing and stuff, I want my sims to do more then party, clubs, bars, lounges etc. We have enough of all that. I liked festivals. New ideas on fun play for our sims. Family things, picnics, swimming in the ocean, boating, stranded on a Island, no people around. more building stuff, more furniture, be able to recolor things as we like. I do like apartments, rental property, even be able to rend a house, or if we own two, we can rent one out for income.

• Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Not interested in any game pack, stuff pack or patches unless it includes toddlers. Haven't purchased anything since OR & don't plan too. This game is focused around single partying Sims -not families.

Thankfully I have Sims 2 & 3 for that & already paid for. Not another dime from me on Sims 4.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 3 Late Night 2.0? No thanks. I hated how few Sims there were in the bars and nightclubs in The Sims 3 Late Night. Also the penthouses were very poorly done, to be honest. I would prefer a Hot Date + Apartment Life hybrid that included more romantic interactions, restaurants and apartment system similar to The Sims 2 Apartment Life. It should be called The Sims 4 City Life EP, that would be perfect <3 also more NPC's, and more services, like ordering Asian food from a phone, would be great :)
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm interested in a Late Night EP mainly because of the apartments, highrises, elevators, cars, city life (not so much for the party side of the EP), so I hope it includes those. In-ground hot tubs would be good too, but I don't think it would have that because Perfect Patio was released not a long time ago.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Seamoan wrote: »
    I want something we've never had for sims before. I want the studio to push the envelope and come up with NEW ideas for how sims can live. I know with the foundation they've set in the base game that it's limiting. They started to think on the right track when they introduced mermaids and having sims go under water for the first time back in ts3. However that idea was poorly executed, even though it was an awesome idea.

I don't want night life, seasons, pets, etc as of right now. Later down the line, of course. But right now I want to see something that has never been in sims before. Thing is, the studio seems to have zero interest in pushing the envelope. They seem to like to stay in their comfort zone now.

If you were in charge, what would you do in the sim that has never been done before?

I'm honestly curious. I see people post this all the time in a very general type way, but then when it happens, the majority hates it - ala In to the Future or whatever it was called in Sims 3 - so I'm really interested in what the vocal minority that doesn't want toddlers or seasons or dating or witches or anything else that came before in the franchise actually would like to see in an expansion?
    It's not that I don't want to see these EPs at all. I do, very much, want to see them in sims 4 eventually. It's just that in my playing experience I think that every time they rehash an EP, it's not as good as the previous.

Honestly I don't know exactly what I want when I say "something different." I don't know what new thing I want in the sims, I just know I don't want to see rehashes of EPs just yet. I just remember playing new sims 2 EPs and being completely blown away by the ideas and concepts put into the game by the studio and thinking "this is so cool, I would have never thought of doing it this way!" Granted, sims 2 was only the second generation of sims so most things were still new.

So I guess, at the heart of it, it's not actually new concepts/ideas I want to see for EPs. I want the studio to take whatever idea they have, even if it's not new, and DO something new with it. Then more importantly, implement it into the game in a way that's not.... lazy.

That makes sense. I would like to see the same thing. :)

Like I said above, I was just curious because I see people make that comment a lot, but there's never anything specific behind it. Then when they do something new, players vote it the worst expansion out of all of them in forum polls all over the internet, so it can be confusing to understand exactly what "something new" means. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
    Seamoan wrote: »
    I want something we've never had for sims before. I want the studio to push the envelope and come up with NEW ideas for how sims can live. I know with the foundation they've set in the base game that it's limiting. They started to think on the right track when they introduced mermaids and having sims go under water for the first time back in ts3. However that idea was poorly executed, even though it was an awesome idea.

I don't want night life, seasons, pets, etc as of right now. Later down the line, of course. But right now I want to see something that has never been in sims before. Thing is, the studio seems to have zero interest in pushing the envelope. They seem to like to stay in their comfort zone now.

If you were in charge, what would you do in the sim that has never been done before?

I'm honestly curious. I see people post this all the time in a very general type way, but then when it happens, the majority hates it - ala In to the Future or whatever it was called in Sims 3 - so I'm really interested in what the vocal minority that doesn't want toddlers or seasons or dating or witches or anything else that came before in the franchise actually would like to see in an expansion?

Amusement Parks and Carnivals.

But they've done that before in TS1 and (please correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not a TS3'er) the TS3 store/Showtime.

Now if you are saying you want a fleshed out, full on expansion that's dedicated to amusement parks, I can get behind it fully. That would be awesome. But the idea itself has been done multiple times in the Sims and it's not really "something new" like the TS3 "Into the Future" expansion pack, which was mostly brand new functionality and ideas. Thank you for taking time to answer as well :).

• Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    To people that think that toddlers should be patched in. I wanted that too before. Until I realized that toddlers need different kind of furnitures and toys too. I don't think that they would patch all that in for free... :(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I would love a Late Night/Night Life EP, but I want Toddlers, first and foremost. Best way is to have our Sims be able to have really wonderful dates that leads to a more permanent relationship, which leads to a family. A complete family, IE baby/toddler/child/teen/YA. Then the YAs can go out on awesome night life inspired dates find that special Sim and the whole thing transcends into another generation.

But, since many of us have managed to get our couples together, we need toddlers, first, to complete the first generation. I can only hope EA is working on this and will patch it in sooner, rather than later. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Ashley959Ashley959 Posts: 35 Member
    I agree with @Icewolf if we do get toddlers we'll probably have to pay for how much has to go into it.

I wouldn't mind night life being next if it meant that more time was going into producing toddlers and seasons. I'd rather not have toddlers come out and feel how I did when sims 4 was released that it was a rush just to get them out. I'd like them to have some good interactions since the sims 4 interactions are so detailed and fun to do and watch.
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2015
    If it is, I hope they bring vampires again and more male hairstyles.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't think we will be getting a Late Night exp next.
    But of course, I could be wrong.
    If we did, it better not be all about more bars/lounges/luxury stuff.
    I've had enough of that.
    What I want most, I will probably won't see for ages (if ever) -
    Tropical world with all the fun & thrills, bells & whistles.
    (don't want to retype it anymore - should have just saved a copy & paste request list).

How about if they combined the two? Late Night in a setting similar to, say, Miami Beach or Hawaii or the French Riviera?

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Doesn't the game already do "late night" pretty well, in the bars and lounges? Apart from skyscrapers I don't think anything in the late night department is missing from the existing game.
  • Options
    simmese wrote: »
    And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.

Gawd I hope not ... more partying , more talking in bars and more woohoo ... dont we have enough bars/lounges/nightclubs in this game as it is

How about more of an On The Town type expansion? You'd have the entertainment spots that we already have, but add in dance clubs with dance floors for actual dancing together: slow dancing between two Sims and line dances like the Smustle and the Chicken Dance. Bowling alleys/arcades for family entertainment and teens to hang out and meet (tired of sending my teen Sim to the park to meet fellow teens). Restaurants that can be themed -- everything from casual family fare to glitzy fine dining (where Sims will automatically change into Formal outfits before visiting). Apartments to provide another living option for Sims, and a chance to meet and interact with neighbors every day. Something to offer for all Sims, not just singles or couples without kids.

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2015
    Icewolf wrote: »
    To people that think that toddlers should be patched in. I wanted that too before. Until I realized that toddlers need different kind of furnitures and toys too. I don't think that they would patch all that in for free... :(

The trouble is EA really DO have to patch toddlers into the game because if they don't then it is very unlikely they would ever get any further content. EA always have to assume the only game every Sims player has is the base game and this is why a lot of expansion packs don't add additional content to content introduced in a previous expansion. I.E. Why both Late Night and Supernatural got vampires & why we never got any more content for Young Adults in TS2 after University.

I do agree it would be a lot of work but they have to lump it and do it, otherwise I'd say there's no point adding them at all and in the end it was their decision to remove them in the first place so they've put themselves into this predicament. Imagine getting a Seasons expansion pack and having no season-appropriate clothing for toddlers, or no ability for toddlers to play in the snow etc. What about a pets expansion where toddlers can't do anything with their pet dog or pet cat? Do EA take the time to script all that in for the fans who did buy that expansion pack? If they did then that content would be locked for anyone who didn't buy the toddler expansion pack and people don't tend to respond well to finding out content they've paid for is locked out to them because they didn't spend money on something else.

I'm personally not that fussed about getting toddlers but IMO the only way to introduce toddlers and actually have them be worth the wait and indeed the effort would be to patch them in because at least that way EA knows everybody will have them since these patches are mandatory and they can produce expansions accordingly.

Plus as @AM35502 quite rightly pointed out, is EA really in a position to open that can of worms right now? If they charged for toddlers people would go ballistic.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    The Sims 3 Late Night 2.0? No thanks. I hated how few Sims there were in the bars and nightclubs in The Sims 3 Late Night. Also the penthouses were very poorly done, to be honest. I would prefer a Hot Date + Apartment Life hybrid that included more romantic interactions, restaurants and apartment system similar to The Sims 2 Apartment Life. It should be called The Sims 4 City Life EP, that would be perfect <3 also more NPC's, and more services, like ordering Asian food from a phone, would be great :)

This is definitely more my ideal as well. I loved Hot Date and Apartment Life was easily my favourite expansion pack from TS2. The thing I loved about Hot Date was that it didn't just provide all these new romantic interactions but it opened up the Sim's world for the very first time and there were all these places to go and all these new things to do. If EA are going to be bringing out this kind of expansion pack next then I would really want more than just high-class bars to visit. Give me restaurants, shops to go to, dirty strip clubs for my sims to go and enjoy themselves at... OK maybe not the last one, lol.

As much as I loved Late Night (it's one of my favourites from TS3), I really wouldn't want more "clubs / bars" to be the only thing new being added to my sim's world. We already have bars and unlike in TS3 base game they do actually function as bars.
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Doesn't the game already do "late night" pretty well, in the bars and lounges? Apart from skyscrapers I don't think anything in the late night department is missing from the existing game.

I'm not totally against the idea, but it does need to be more than just bars. I'd love to be able to take my sims out on "date night" and have them be able to go somewhere that isn't a bar. I miss the restaurants with the booth seats, playing footsie, waiters sometimes spilling food on my sims etc. IMO that would be a really nice thing to add for a "nighttime"-themed expansion.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    So the OP's woohoo dreams would finally come true. Congratulations lmao
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »

This is definitely more my ideal as well. I loved Hot Date and Apartment Life was easily my favourite expansion pack from TS2. The thing I loved about Hot Date was that it didn't just provide all these new romantic interactions but it opened up the Sim's world for the very first time and there were all these places to go and all these new things to do. If EA are going to be bringing out this kind of expansion pack next then I would really want more than just high-class bars to visit. Give me restaurants, shops to go to, dirty strip clubs for my sims to go and enjoy themselves at... OK maybe not the last one, lol.

As much as I loved Late Night (it's one of my favourites from TS3), I really wouldn't want more "clubs / bars" to be the only thing new being added to my sim's world. We already have bars and unlike in TS3 base game they do actually function as bars.

I'm not totally against the idea, but it does need to be more than just bars. I'd love to be able to take my sims out on "date night" and have them be able to go somewhere that isn't a bar. I miss the restaurants with the booth seats, playing footsie, waiters sometimes spilling food on my sims etc. IMO that would be a really nice thing to add for a "nighttime"-themed expansion.

As I said earlier, I think more of an "On The Town" than an actual "Hot Date" or "Late Night", adding things for all age groups, would be awesome. Things that can be used by all age groups, not just dating couples. Bowling alleys and movie theaters for kids and teens (a place to hang out other than just the park), restaurants from casual family diners to glitzy fine cuisine, dance clubs with DJ booth and dance floors for actually dancing together (facing each other). Maybe objects that can be used in current venues like dart boards and pool tables.
  • Options
    DomynessDomyness Posts: 24 Member
    I've never been fussy on the Late Night expansions in the past games. I haven't read previous comments, but I have a strong feeling I'm not the first to say that I'd much prefer a family related expansion (with the inclusion of toddlers) come first. Unfortunately, I know that won't likely be the case. At least not yet.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Rather than nightlife I would rather see a pack called city life.
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »

As I said earlier, I think more of an "On The Town" than an actual "Hot Date" or "Late Night", adding things for all age groups, would be awesome. Things that can be used by all age groups, not just dating couples. Bowling alleys and movie theaters for kids and teens (a place to hang out other than just the park), restaurants from casual family diners to glitzy fine cuisine, dance clubs with DJ booth and dance floors for actually dancing together (facing each other). Maybe objects that can be used in current venues like dart boards and pool tables.

I definitely like the sound of this :)
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I can pass on late night. We already have bars, nightclubs, and lounges in the game. I don't need a million other nightlife type venues that do the same thing. It would be like having Showtime and Late Night all over again. Night life and party stuff should be in SPs like they have been doing.

Apartments I can also pass on since we have door locks. I turned my Newcrest into a world with a bunch of apartments amd townhomes using the door lock feature and it works fine. I even used the feature to make apartmemts over stores with GTW. I The only issue I face is the number of Sims in a family is limited to 8 but that really isn't a big issue. I even had my Sim do rental properties by turning residential lots into retail lots.

What I do hope is the next EP is Town Life:

TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

I really want the new neighborhood editing tools and the community events. I hope they would allow us to create a custom vacation world. I can pass on laundromats though.
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    I can pass on late night. We already have bars, nightclubs, and lounges in the game. I don't need a million other nightlife type venues that do the same thing. It would be like having Showtime and Late Night all over again. Night life and party stuff should be in SPs like they have been doing.

Apartments I can also pass on since we have door locks. I turned my Newcrest into a world with a bunch of apartments amd townhomes using the door lock feature and it works fine. I even used the feature to make apartmemts over stores with GTW. I The only issue I face is the number of Sims in a family is limited to 8 but that really isn't a big issue. I even had my Sim do rental properties by turning residential lots into retail lots.

What I do hope is the next EP is Town Life:

TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

I really want the new neighborhood editing tools and the community events. I hope they would allow us to create a custom vacation world. I can pass on laundromats though.

My wish list has amusement parks, cats, and farming at the top ... but as far as features go, I want more control over townie generation and some sort of NPC management (so I can pick the maids, postal workers, spa workers, librarians, etc, rather than see new rando-sim elders bouncing around in clownish mashup clothes no one would ever wear.

• Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    Honestly, I can see them trying to get away with pets or something family related, since those are the two being requested the most. In regards to late nigh though, I don't see them doing it until after they have the basics covered.
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @pezhead7 The mashup of clothing has gotten better and I like the fact I can control the world populations now.