Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sauna in home basement bugged?

QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
Does anyone else get this issue? I made a sauna in the basement level of my home and Relax is greyed out because it says Must be indoors. Last time I checked the basement of my house was indoors?! And I have complete walls/doors/windows so it is fully enclosed. i55h91.jpg

Post edited by Quaay on

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    what happens if put it on another level
  • Options
    If I move it upstairs I get all 4 options available (Relax, Sabotage, Woohoo, Try for baby) So has anyone else tried to put one in their basement?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I placed it in my basement and it worked fine.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Do you have yours in an enclosed space? I have glass doors and windows on one wall and am wondering if the windows somehow flag it as outdoors. 168t0ma.jpg
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    @Quaay, by chance does your house have foundation or not, also @elelunicy does your home have a foundation or not?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Yes I do have a foundation. SimGuruSarah said that might be the issue. I took out my windows and it wasn't that at least. Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    It's probably not caused by the foundation, cause my house has a foundation too.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Quaay wrote: »
    Yes I do have a foundation. SimGuruSarah said that might be the issue. I took out my windows and it wasn't that at least. Thanks everyone for your help!
    Have you tried taking out the foundation to see if that works, or would it mess up the house too much?
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    It's probably not caused by the foundation, cause my house has a foundation too.
    Hhmm, ok than I am stumped! I can't open my game at the moment to test it out.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2015
    The part of the basement that the sauna is in. Is that part directly under the house, or is that part out in the yard a bit? :/
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    No foundation on my end and I get the same thing. Shame that it's having this issue; I have no other place to put it on my lot.
  • Options
    prehaps @Quaay and enolan try this move mods folder to the desktop if you have any mods installed and repair the game. close game open origin under my game right click on sims 4 icon and select the option. also consider testings a new game.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    No foundation on my end and I get the same thing. Shame that it's having this issue; I have no other place to put it on my lot.
    Like my posted question above. Is the part of the basement that the sauna is in, is that directly underneath the house or out in the yard a bit? :/

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Have you attempted to put the Sauna in it's own enclosed room? So all walls up against each side of the Sauna and a door a Sim has to enter to get in it? Also being sure to have a ceiling (whether it is a basement or on one of the floors in the home) and still experiencing the same issue?
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    christyruinchristyruin Posts: 65 Member
    Mine does this too...I made it in an enclosed room. Kind of annoying...
  • Options
    Mine does this too...I made it in an enclosed room. Kind of annoying...

Sorry it may be worth trying my suggest above to see if that helps
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The part of the basement that the sauna is in. Is that part directly under the house, or is that part out in the yard a bit? :/

I highlighted my sauna walls so you can see where it is. It is not completely under the house, some of it is under my back patio. 2la3tqx.jpg

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    The walls have to surround the sauna without any space between and a door for them to get in. I tested it and if the walls don't enclose the sauna it won't work.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Try what simgurudrake said and enclose the perimeter of the sauna with walls. I don't think they are suppose to be out in the open like that.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    No, it doesn't need walls around it. If I move it upstairs and just leave it alone in a big empty room all of the options become available. 20f5h4w.jpg
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    No, it doesn't need walls around it. If I move it upstairs and just leave it alone in a big empty room all of the options become available. 20f5h4w.jpg
    Hmm... Guess my Sauna is bugged then. In my game the sauna doesn't work without walls enclosing it :/
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    i tested the sauna in the basement in one big room no problem
    9rna7m.png
  • Options
    quaay have tested a new game? Pulled out mods folder if you have any mods and tried repairing the game
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is from Simguru Sarah

Sarah Holding
    @SimGuruSarah
    If you're having problems with saunas in basements make sure your basement is fully underneath a building - that should fix it.