Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Do Sims Have To Sit Down Now?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Since this last patch for GTW, why are my Sims having to sit down before they can clean up a plate? Wait did I already complain about this? Well, sorry but they (it came back to mind) after I also saw them having to sit first before they can pick up a book on a coffee table then put it away.

This is all whether directed to do so or not, and or whether autonomously. And no, I do not use MOO. And no cc and mods. Or any cheat.

ETA: And just so you guys are aware when I type a sentence and then add a period and then my version shows a space between the period and the next sentence. But not after posting. The web site is bugged, also. :#
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Weirder Stories. It's all I got :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would understand if it was only one house and or one game. But it's not routing issues on my side of the game and or the way I built my houses. It seems to be in all the houses I play and even in a different game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simmyXshimmysimmyXshimmy Posts: 11 New Member
    I've been having the same issue, it's just with picking up objects or doing interactions. (ex I try to make my Sims hug and they sit down and then get up to hug....)
  • Options
    helloim_chrishelloim_chris Posts: 6 New Member
    Same problem, here! :s
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I have a slightly different variation. A Sim will finish eating and just keep sitting there. I'll direct him to clean up his plate; he'll pick it up, stand, then put it back down. I direct him to clean up his plate again, and he does it (without sitting back down).
  • Options
    ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member
    Bump. Noticing this is happening almost every time now instead of once in a while
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yes, it seems that bug has returned.
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    Yes this has been happening with me as well. My sims will go all over the house collecting dirty dishes after a party, bring them all to the dining room, sit down, then get up and either wash them at the sink, or put them down on the table. I then have to direct the sim to wash them, and the sim will lift them and take them to the sink. I guess it's kind of realistic. I do the same thing when I don't want to wash dishes. :D
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I have a slightly different variation. A Sim will finish eating and just keep sitting there. I'll direct him to clean up his plate; he'll pick it up, stand, then put it back down. I direct him to clean up his plate again, and he does it (without sitting back down).

I noticed this too. Also, my Sim will set the plate (or food being prepared) on the floor when the counter has something on it, then they won't pick it back up. I have to move it onto the counter or table for them to pick it up.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member
    I've seen it in multiple houses and not just when picking up dishes. They have done it with books as well. Homework books that have been left out (lazy teens) and ones from the shelves. It's like cleaning up is just sooo strenuous -- lol. And thanks for the suggestion, Rosemow. I just added a "me too" to the post over there.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Same here, it happens every time I direct them to put a plate in the fridge. I use no CC or mods.
  • Options
    MillerFlameMillerFlame Posts: 21 New Member
    The same thing has happened to my game, I've actually been experiencing a couple new glitches with the update that I'll post about later.
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Yep, happening with me too! Maybe the books and plates are so heavy that they'll break their backs trying to lift them from such a low table!

Sim Safety- Be Safe, Don't Pick Up Items Standing Up