Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remarks from EA's COO

Comments

• Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    People are complaining about stuff that has been a staple of Sims base games and with no good excuse or common sense reasoning have been removed. This guy has no clue and is obviously not reading the forums, so who is feeding him misinformation?
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    This is the same Peter Moore that blames the gamers for resisting change. Bashing gamers for not liking the changes to microtranactions and pay-to-play/Freemium games. I detest the man and his egotistic outlook on how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gamers are in his opinion, his quote;http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/ea-coo-peter-moore-on-pay-to-play-and-freemium-games-i-dont-think-anybody-has-to-like-it
    On the heels of the Advertising Standards Authority's ruling concerning Electronic Arts' "misleading" advertising for their mobile game Dungeon Keeper, EA executive Peter Moore has come out with some bad news for gamers who are put off by the company's usage of the "freemium" model. Speaking with Games Industry, Moore said, "I don't think anybody has to like it. I think that's where it goes. It's like me: I get grumpy about some things, but if the river of progress is flowing and I'm trying to paddle my canoe in the opposite direction, then eventually I'm just going to lose out."

He is right "We don't have to like it!" nor do we have to continue to support EA!!
    Why did you brought that up?
    His words were already proven rediculous and a certain game got into top 3 of the worst games basically everywhere:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/dungeon-keeper

pic.jpg

Do you know which other game got lower user score aggro than this one? None. Ever.

So dear EA and Peter Moore, stop ripping people off.
    Warm the chair, do some actual work and make some real games instead of selling fog and talking nonsense. Make us believe that "arts" in the company name doesn't stand for con arts but for actual arts.
    It's not about we don't have to, it's about we simply don't. Like. There is no "have" word.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I'm pretty sure we just have to wait for people to switch chairs both in EA and in Maxis before we see any positive change.

At this point, I can only imagine a bunch of people seated around a table with their fingers templed trying to determine how much stuff they can separate and sell in different $10/$20 packs instead of discussing all of the "features" in the game that need to be altered/stomped into oblivion.

CULLING, LEAVE.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Regarding supernaturals in The Sims 4:

I want Bunnicula.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Regarding supernaturals in The Sims 4:

I want Bunnicula.

I was trying to find the end of the thread so that I could post that! :#
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dear Peter Moore, you must have missed at least two letters on this forum. One from me to Lucy Bradshaw, and one from Anavastia to Rachel Franklin. No, everything isn't coming up roses since the release of the GTW. Your core game is still limited tech and things are still too hard and too expensive. And your long time fans (some of us) have said forget it, he has wax in his ears...or people who say yes to you all day long instead of No, sir, things aren't that rosy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    People are complaining about stuff that has been a staple of Sims base games and with no good excuse or common sense reasoning have been removed. This guy has no clue and is obviously not reading the forums, so who is feeding him misinformation?

Because EA's digital sales are up. They don't look at feedback. That's not his job, he's a numbers guy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Money talks. If the sales are good, then they think they're doing the right thing.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited July 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Because EA's digital sales are up. They don't look at feedback. That's not his job, he's a numbers guy.

But, but, obviously someone is telling him that we are complaining about not getting stuff that was in expansions and that isn't what 99.9% of us are complaining about, we are complaining about stuff that have been base game staples as far back as 10 and even 15 years ago :smiley: .
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Its the nature of people to complain. so complains will never stop.
    even after getting the major needed things in the game still the complains will continue.

You are right! See even you do it! ;)

Complaining about complainers is still complaining!!!! Glad you could join us!! :p
    I guess if that occurs then no matter what the Sims 4 will never be as popular as the other three games. I know people say the Sims 4 got top selling game, but so did SimCity2013 and look what happened to it. We need Maxis to actually listen about the major stuff Simmers want if the Sims 4 has a chance to survive the five year lifespan. As it is now, I don't know if it will last three.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

The numbers are down compared to TS3 drastically. The amount of TS4 copies sold entirely is just about the same as TS3 sold in its first week. This is just PR bull he's spewing out.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

The numbers are down compared to TS3 drastically. The amount of TS4 copies sold entirely is just about the same as TS3 sold in its first week. This is just PR bull he's spewing out.

I meant EA as a whole. They get a large amount of their revenue from digital only. They are very proud of that.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

I meant EA as a whole. They get a large amount of their revenue from digital only. They are very proud of that.

sure digital downloads are nice but what if you live in an area where there is no internet acess then the simmer in question would need to find a disk version of the game or go to an internet cafe to download there game gamepack or stuff pack as well as expansionpack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    even after getting the major needed things in the game still the complains will continue.

Yes, and there will always be the cheerleaders who are happy no matter what. EA can give them dirt and call it The Sims 5, and they'll be happy.

Excuse me for having higher standards than that. #sorrynotsorry

Well said!
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »

sure digital downloads are nice but what if you live in an area where there is no internet acess then the simmer in question would need to find a disk version of the game or go to an internet cafe to download there game gamepack or stuff pack as well as expansionpack

Oh, I agree with you. I've had to change providers a few time because of things like limits in my area etc. Always having to pay out more for internet here. Downloading takes hours for some of EA's stuff. I often skip their free game offers because I'm not going to wait six or seven hours for a game to download. I have tried to convince EA some of us still use disc for good reason. But I don't think they care anymore about that. It's either get with the flow or be left out. I am left out of a lot of games because I can't download them. But that's o.k. I'm not paying more just to get faster internet to download something I may not have wanted after I get it.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

Oh, I agree with you. I've had to change providers a few time because of things like limits in my area etc. Always having to pay out more for internet here. Downloading takes hours for some of EA's stuff. I often skip their free game offers because I'm not going to wait six or seven hours for a game to download. I have tried to convince EA some of us still use disc for good reason. But I don't think they care anymore about that. It's either get with the flow or be left out. I am left out of a lot of games because I can't download them. But that's o.k. I'm not paying more just to get faster internet to download something I may not have wanted after I get it.

Yep I agree with you both! The forced content fill patches cost me an extra $10 in bandwidth. I wouldn't mind if the game I am updating I enjoy and is a whole game but for potential that I have yet to see and force content that I might or might not want in my game,,,,,,um no thanks! Making stuff digital only just limits their sales,,,,it is irritating for some of us but will only hurt EA/Maxis for the lost sales. Plus nickel & diming items back to us one at a time, not my cup of tea either. So their loss not mine!

PS yes taking your computer down to the coffee shop would work great for some but there are some of us who have desktops and they don't travel well. I sure miss the updates/patches we could save and install on our own. :/
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

Thank you for agreeing with me and another good exemple is this if you are on 14 days or more cruise and you have your laptop with you and it requires you to be online on cruise ships wifi is not free like take for exemple a royal caribbean cruise where you have to pay 150$ just to buy an internet package just to be online to enjoy games or went to download the most recent gamepack or dlc to play once back home or days at seas on cruise ships its not like in hotels where wifi is free and also not everyone own or wents a credit card or use a system like paypal for there purchuse because when buying online there always a risk compared to buying in stores where you have the option to pay your purchuse cash

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Also, a lot of internet cafes don't allow streaming videos, and access to download games. I've tried to watch Netflix on a wifi at a coffee shop and not been allowed access.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2015

Complaining about complainers is still complaining!!!! Glad you could join us!! :p

Yes I'm doing it, but I'm not complaining about the complains. I will continue complaining about things I don't like in the game until they are addressed.
    And there will be things that will never be addressed so the complains will continue.

All Sims games had their share of complains until they finished their lifecycles so this will continue with TS4 too. Not every request will be fulfilled. So the complains will continue.

As for some of the above posters in this thread who targeted me, you are just wasting your time. Report as much as you wish. I have not said anything wrong against anybody.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited July 2015

Yes I'm doing it, but I'm not complaining about the complains. I will continue complaining about things I don't like in the game until they are addressed.
    And there will be things that will never be addressed so the complains will continue.

All Sims games had their share of complains until they finished their lifecycles so this will continue with TS4 too. Not every request will be fulfilled. So the complains will continue.

As for some of the above posters in this thread who targeted me, you are just wasting your time. Report as much as you wish. I have not said anything wrong against anybody.

Hummmm,,,,,,,,what part of the game is this referring to??? Do you have a sim that complains and you want them to fix it?

It isn't worth the time to report you hon. You will continue to try and derail threads and argue with disappointed simmers anyway. I do hope you have a great day and maybe at some time or at some point you will get some compassion for those who have an issue with TS4. I really think it is great that you enjoy the game but no matter how hard you try to convince a disappointed person it isn't going to change their mind. It is't that we disagree with your opinion that you like TS4, it is that we are disappointed and don't care for it at all. Your opinion is a fact to you and someone else's opinion is a fact for them, BUT it is still an opinion not a fact. So please just settle down and give some a break from you trying to convince us that TS4 is awesome. Okay?

While feedback is a form of opinion, it is helpful no matter what form it is good and bad. :)

eta; To clarify
    An opinion, complaint and or criticism towards a game is totally different than attacking a poster who posted said criticism, etc. This is where the line is drawn. Voicing an opinion, criticism, etc. is great and is valuable feedback. But so many take it as fact not just a players opinion, then attack said poster or argue trying to make said poster see the light and get back on the path to righteousness, no matter which side the opinion was on.

While defending a game you are just voicing your own opinion which in turn doesn't make it fact for the poster you are defending the game to. It is a viscous cycle that will just continue to go around and around. Those who are disappointed voicing their opinion and those who like trying to defend their opinion.

An opinion is a personal thing and is a fact for that specific person. Usually no amount of proof or opposition can change that fact. So saying what is a fact to you will be a totally different fact to someone else. That is the beauty of being human and everyone is different,,,,Thank God! For it would be a very boring world otherwise!! ;)

Acceptance of all opinions would make this site a much happier place. Embracing each other as simmers,,who have enjoyed playing the sims and would like to in the future. One thing is a fact,,,,we all have love, enjoyed and given many years into TS franchise. So why the hostility when most who are disappointed are only trying to make a better game, not get the game shut down and discontinued. That is what I don't understand.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Personally, I think they are putting too much emphasis on the completion of ts3 and all the stuff that was included in the many ep's, sp's and store content that we had in that game opposed to what is in ts4. I have seen a few articles that seem to say Fans are not happy b/c they had all this stuff in the prior game. To me, it is not the completed game and all it's content that came before, but the fact that ts4 just doesn't have enough substance to carry it through until more ep's are available.

When 3 was new, I got a new computer to run it on. I had just the base game so I thought I'd put in my ts2 base game to compare it to 3. We are talking a lot of years now, and frankly I just don't remember what I decided was the better base game, but knowing my disdain for 3, probably I found 2 better at the time. I wonder how many of us played just the base game of 3 along side of 4 to do a comparison?

Anyway, I just think EA is focusing on the wrong objections to ts4. Most all of we Veterans of the Sims games understand and expect that the next iteration's base game will be a fairly empty affair, but we do expect to be taken in by the new world and wow'd by how alive our sims seem to us, how much more they draw us in and get us lost in time while we live our new lives through our new sims. But it hasn't happened for me lately. I loved 4 at first when it was all shinny and new, but even with the game pack and the expansion pack, and stuff packs it's not enough to keep me going back to play more.

Ts4 just can't seem to keep me interested, to get me lost. It's not the "stuff" that's lacking, it's the grindy game play that aggravates me, and the lack of choices in build/buy mode, along with the limited options in game play.

To me, they didn't give you an alternative way to play. They didn't give you an option to play sandbox style. It's the grind or nothing. That's not the tradition of the sims.

In building and decorating our sim's homes, the colors and texture choices are extremely limited. I'm not saying create a style is the only option, I'm saying they didn't make enough colors/textures in the different content they did put in. They didn't seem to realize that people like to color coordinate things.

I just think they focus on the wrong things when they comment about how fan's are not happy with the game. I do know they "get it" with the toddlers, so I'm not worried about that. They are either working on making them very robust, or they simply have made the decision to not put them in and are ignoring the call from fans.

It seems to me that EA thinks that it's "the stuff' that will come in the future that will change fans' opinion of the game, so in time fans will feel differently and that will make the difference. I haven't seen any EA comment about the grind fest and how that impacts the game, and that worries me.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8