Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

19.07.15 Uk Inspired WIP- The Seaside! :)

Comments

• Options
    fembodfembod Posts: 654 Member
    jje10001 wrote: »
    FYI I have a tutorial on how to get procedurally generated terrain into your world. This will be useful for the edges of the world, where sculpting and painting may be a chore!

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/post/120558858543/here-is-an-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-get

Also, how many lots are in your world?

One other suggestion I would make would be to lower the buckthorn bushes by a tiny bit. It brings them a bit closer to the ground, and makes shrubbery feel a bit more dense.

Downloaded but cant find a tutorial and the program wont open, so far there are only 30 or so lots

• Options
    jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    The tutorial should be a text file in the RAR file. You will need to unzip and install the program first.
  • Options
    The tutorial should be a text file in the RAR file. You will need to unzip and install the program first.

Looks a bit complicated to me :/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Do you have WinRAR? I thought everyone uses it at some point.

Install that, and then everything should work from there. If you can't do that, I'll reupload the file as a ZIP.

• Options
    Do you have WinRAR? I thought everyone uses it at some point.

Install that, and then everything should work from there. If you can't do that, I'll reupload the file as a ZIP.

I meant that the whole process with world machine thingy looks difficult

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @jje10001 Have a question I always disliked 4share could it be possible to add the RAR or ZIP to mediafire or another share site? I hate all of the download buttons that lead you to other programs and not the file download that 4share always has on its pages. I really would love to see the world machine for sims 3 program
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    flstrider wrote: »
    @jje10001 Have a question I always disliked 4share could it be possible to add the RAR or ZIP to mediafire or another share site? I hate all of the download buttons that lead you to other programs and not the file download that 4share always has on its pages. I really would love to see the world machine for sims 3 program
    Exactly my thoughts, sadly i accidently downloaded about a million things, it was very tiresome deleting/uninstalling it all

• Options

To be honest think i'll struggle along with doing it myself. im not very good with things like that. Thanks tho :)

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @jje10001 Thank you so very much!!!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Hi Everyone! Not been making much progress with the world- but I must say the skyline is starting to come together! Reminds me of home ;)

[img][/img]Screenshot_61.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_62.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_63.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_64.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_65.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_66.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_67.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_68.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Comments and feedback welcome!

• Options
    Anyone know where I can get some custom weather from? I want something quite dark (not too dark) and occasionally sunny days.....Hola if you know of anything like this anywhere!
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    Wow! What city or area are you modeling after? Or is it just based on whatever comes up in your mind?
  • Options
    Wow! What city or area are you modeling after? Or is it just based on whatever comes up in your mind?

Basically just anything that comes to mind. I live somewhere kind of like this :/

• Options
    fembod wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get some custom weather from? I want something quite dark (not too dark) and occasionally sunny days.....Hola if you know of anything like this anywhere!

Here's one:

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/post/121954130739/ive-heard-your-calls-to-bring-clear-bright-to

You may want to adjust the probability weighting on the overcast skies so that it occurs more often.
  • Options
    Where did everyone go? lol
  • Options
    rivergaterivergate Posts: 4 New Member
    Amazing road work!! Makes me think of Cities Skylines! Super cute town aswell. Can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I really like how the world's turning out!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    One suggestion I might make (dunno if you've finished terrain painting yet) would be to make the borders of the fields a bit larger (more grass under the hedgerows). I would also paint some gravel underneath the train tracks as well.

I also mentioned this earlier, but lowering the y-coordinates of the buckthorn bushes will help them look a but bit bushier as well.

Do you also have a more zoomed out view of the whole world?
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    I love your worlds so much, I've lived in places a lot like this. Really hope that this one works out. My sims are longing to hang out in the jobcentre, and take their kids shopping in the Primark consignment store.
  • Options
    rivergate wrote: »
    Amazing road work!! Makes me think of Cities Skylines! Super cute town aswell. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you!
    I really like how the world's turning out!

Yay!
    One suggestion I might make (dunno if you've finished terrain painting yet) would be to make the borders of the fields a bit larger (more grass under the hedgerows). I would also paint some gravel underneath the train tracks as well.

I also mentioned this earlier, but lowering the y-coordinates of the buckthorn bushes will help them look a but bit bushier as well.

Do you also have a more zoomed out view of the whole world?

Thanks for the advice, I really haven't finished the terrain painting yet so will take your advice :)

There are so many Buckthorns that could take me an age! lol

I haven't been in the world as such recently, but I will get a overall pic soon :)
    I love your worlds so much, I've lived in places a lot like this. Really hope that this one works out. My sims are longing to hang out in the jobcentre, and take their kids shopping in the Primark consignment store.

You so get this world! Its such a reality its unreal! Love love your comment :)

• Options
    Hey all! Had totally forgot that in my quest to make an everything world, I didn't have a beach! Thank god the world is so huge it accommodate it!

Been creating a shoreline....pictures soon as its very rough right now ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the advice, I really haven't finished the terrain painting yet so will take your advice :)

Oh, it's not too hard- you just need to do it at the end once you have all the buckthorns placed and grouped ;)

You've probably seen it already, but here's an older English world that might be a good reference on the countryside (as well as general layout and cool tricks).

Cladbridge-on-Stowe
    screenshot_original.jpg
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/676906/cladbridge-on-stowe-an-english-village-on-the-exchange/p1

Of course, it's more of a "Ye Olde Cozy England" world, compared to the more gritty postindustrial world you're building.

Also, if you want recolors, do let me know :)
    Post edited by jje10001 on
  • Options

Oh, it's not too hard- you just need to do it at the end once you have all the buckthorns placed and grouped ;)

You've probably seen it already, but here's an older English world that might be a good reference on the countryside (as well as general layout and cool tricks).

Cladbridge-on-Stowe
    screenshot_original.jpg
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/676906/cladbridge-on-stowe-an-english-village-on-the-exchange/p1

Of course, it's more of a "Ye Olde Cozy England" world, compared to the more gritty postindustrial world you're building.

Also, if you want recolors, do let me know :)

Thank you for the suggestions! :)

• Options
    Hey guys! Sorry there have been a lack of updates.....suddenly had a thought about the lots for a perfect seaside :)

All of this is very rough right now but its heading along nicely :)

[img][/img]Screenshot_70.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_71.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_72.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_74.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_75.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot_76.jpg

What does everyone think?