Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    @rosemow Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words <3
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Under Renovation: Challenge 4
    Origin ID: Rosillatrix
    Forum ID: Rosillatrix
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1E9AC7E81EB411E58174BCDE1AAF20A8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Rosillatrix&max=25
    Street name of build: Teronella (in the game it was called Asphalt Abodes)
    Cheats used: MoveObjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $97,504 (you DID say he has $80,000 to spend ON TOP of cost of the house shell, right?)
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, absolutely!

I'm pretty sure the house has to come to $80,000 when you upload to the gallery. So that means the shell is included in the price, of course the judges need to confirm @Zita1966z and @Issabella14

@mommataurus2 thanks :) I wouldn't mind it myself either! the Sims get to have much nicer houses than we do ;)

I was confused too. I cheated to make the household funds to be 80,000 simoleons.....but that was AFTER the purchase of the lot....so I would like a clarification also. I guess I'll keep an eye on the Lot Value in build mode :wink:

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is very curious indeed :/
    I build my house in build mode and just regularly check how much it's worth by pretending to upload to the gallery (it automatically takes off lot amount). Then when I'm finished I save it to my gallery and place it on a different lot to play test with a Sim. If there's anything wrong I'll then go back to the original and fix it and re-save it (ready to upload). Once it's all how I want it I'll put a Sim in it to take photos.
    I find if you put a Sim in and playtest it as you build the lot amount changes as household items reduce in cost over time and I'm not sure if it's then accurate.
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    This is very curious indeed :/
    I build my house in build mode and just regularly check how much it's worth by pretending to upload to the gallery (it automatically takes off lot amount). Then when I'm finished I save it to my gallery and place it on a different lot to play test with a Sim. If there's anything wrong I'll then go back to the original and fix it and re-save it (ready to upload). Once it's all how I want it I'll put a Sim in it to take photos.
    I find if you put a Sim in and playtest it as you build the lot amount changes as household items reduce in cost over time and I'm not sure if it's then accurate.

Oh...my goodness...I didn't think about the household items reducing in cost :astonished: Hmmmmmmmmm....I just put a sim in to play test...then of course it cost money to cook something and such....bother..... :(

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2015
    I upload my playtested version. The gallery price is usually the new price of objects, I believe. When I've placed a playtested lot and moved in, anything I sell straight away sells for full price, IIRC.

"Lot price" refers to the cost of the land alone. I placed on a 2K lot so I could calculate it easily, but I still check by hitting the save lot button.
  • Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Origin ID:tounette56
    Forum ID:tounette56
    Link to gallery:h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25
    Street name of build: 3 Bellevue Road
    Cheats used: None
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $79,927
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please
    [img]h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/3%20Bellevue%20Road_zpsnwrod7ll.png[/img]
    [img]h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/3%20Bellevue%20Road1_zpsmqs4gz45.png[/img]
    [img]h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/3%20Bellevue2_zpsfta5aivu.png[/img]

I hope you like my entry :) good luck everyone!
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    tounette56 wrote: »
    Origin ID:tounette56
    Forum ID:tounette56
    Link to gallery:http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25
    Street name of build: 3 Bellevue Road
    Cheats used: None
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $79,927
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please
    3%20Bellevue%20Road_zpsnwrod7ll.png
    3%20Bellevue%20Road1_zpsmqs4gz45.png
    3%20Bellevue2_zpsfta5aivu.png

I hope you like my entry :) good luck everyone!

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi, @Pebblycat , @Rosillatrix , @BUTTONSGINGER and @EmmaVane - the house must not be more than $80 000.00 on the gallery. If it show more than that it needs to be tweeked :) What I am trying to say you can build for 80 000.00 irrespective of the lot price :)
  • Options
    Thank you @Pebblycat for displaying the links :)
  • Options
    That's ok @Issabella14, it's my Mum's entry, she can certainly play the Sims but is still learning how to navigate all this yet :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    3 Bellevue Road is a very nice home! @tounette56 :) The texture of the exterior looks nice and the areas of red add a nice look to the home. The front garden is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers on the edges of the front porch and home, and in the outdoors areas. The trees look nice there, and the birdbath is a nice touch. It looks very nice how you have placed the hedging on the edges of the lot and the hedge archway entrance to the home is a nice for sims to enter the home through. The marble flooring front pathway and front porch looks very nice! Nice sitting area on the front porch for sims to enjoy sitting in the sunshine. The plants in the porch nook are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The upper balcony is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table looking out at the outdoors views. The floral cart and the flowers are nice for sims to look at whilst sitting there in the sunshine. The green and brown colour scheme of the bathroom looks very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the windows and curtains on the corner bathroom walls. The hanging robe is a nice home touch on the wall beside the bath tub. The outdoors hot tub and pool area is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the hot tub on a deck in the middle of the pool! The fish fountains look very nice going into the tub. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool and enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine or enjoying the evening air.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    That's ok @Issabella14, it's my Mum's entry, she can certainly play the Sims but is still learning how to navigate all this yet :)

Great @Pebblycat, I am glad you could help :)
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Form the brief " ..The upload on the gallery must not exceed $80000.00 irrespective of what the lot cost." This means when I go 2 download your build the cost showing in the gallery must be 80 000 or less. Anything above means you need to adjust it. Forget about what the lot cost as long as your uploaded build does not exceed 80 000, you will be fine. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

It is great that you and your Mum are both simmers @Pebblycat :) You would enjoy talking about sims and and your simming experiences. Happy simming to you both! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

It is great that you and your Mum are both simmers @Pebblycat :) You would enjoy talking about sims and and your simming experiences. Happy simming to you both! :)

I'm loving this 2. We also are a few family members (Brothers kids etc) that enjoy the game but I am the most active at it. You are so lucky @pebblycat :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all your kind words everyone. We've been playing since Sims 1 so you could say The Sims are apart of the family ;)
  • Options
    Hi, @Pebblycat , @Rosillatrix , @BUTTONSGINGER and @EmmaVane - the house must not be more than $80 000.00 on the gallery. If it show more than that it needs to be tweeked :) What I am trying to say you can build for 80 000.00 irrespective of the lot price :)
    @Issabella14 Thank you for clarifying :)

• Options
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    Form the brief " ..The upload on the gallery must not exceed $80000.00 irrespective of what the lot cost." This means when I go 2 download your build the cost showing in the gallery must be 80 000 or less. Anything above means you need to adjust it. Forget about what the lot cost as long as your uploaded build does not exceed 80 000, you will be fine. :)
    @Zita1966z Thank you :)

• Options
    I am loving all the entries so far <3<3<3:)
  • Options
    GeminiJake01GeminiJake01 Posts: 215 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi @Zita1966 I decided I will take part, I just finished my build and I hope you like it! :)

Under Renovation Challenge: 4
    Name of House: Cityscape Way
    Origin ID: TwinSimmers24
    Forum ID: GeminiJake01
    Link to Gallery
    Street Name: (Not Sure) But it is on the only 30x20 lot in Southern Newcrest
    Cheats Used: MOO
    Total Cost of Renovation (on Gallery): $79,925

aaae626c-a8bc-4f4c-a2b9-5ff5420779e4_zps1dsm7xbs.jpg

Thank you! :)
    Post edited by GeminiJake01 on
    bff0ff84-f32f-4ab7-9f3e-99681d841a1c_zpsxwxnn1qm.jpg
    If only life was as simple as the sims...
    ♣♣♣♣ My Builds Thread ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣ My Gallery ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣Origin ID: TwinSimmers24♣♣♣♣
  • Options
    RosillatrixRosillatrix Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2015
    Okay thank you!! I totally should have clarified before, this is my fault. I'll get right back on the build. Can I just edit my entry form when it's done or should I delete it and make a new one?

Edit: Just edited my entry form. All good now!
    Post edited by Rosillatrix on
    Origin Username: Rosillatrix
  • Options
    GeminiJake01GeminiJake01 Posts: 215 Member
    @Cbear13 @Zita1966 the same thing happened to me about things disappearing and the windows weren't appearing, so I moved my lot abit further back and it worked, thanks :)
    bff0ff84-f32f-4ab7-9f3e-99681d841a1c_zpsxwxnn1qm.jpg
    If only life was as simple as the sims...
    ♣♣♣♣ My Builds Thread ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣ My Gallery ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣Origin ID: TwinSimmers24♣♣♣♣
  • Options
    Guys, we are experiencing this problem with many other builds, our own and on the gallery..it has nothing to do with the shell - its a glitch that is affecting builds all over. Try and move the lot a litte bit and it should work like @Cbear and @GeminiJake01 has done :)
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Hi, all! I haven't even had a chance to start this challenge yet :'( I've been busy renovating my real-life home! I'm about to jump in-game and grab the shell, so excited to work on it!
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    Origin ID:GalacticKat
    Forum ID:rabidkitty07
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/7F4F02CC20FF11E58980B9E979FABC54?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=GalacticKat&max=25
    Street name of build: 610 Casper Lane (memorial to my cat)
    Cheats used: MOO, showhiddenobjects and resizing
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $76, 936
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure

07-02-15_4-04nbspPM_zpsca3hhd95.png
    07-02-15_4-09nbspPM_zpsow2rdhoq.png
    07-02-15_4-13nbspPM_zps0e3vllzw.png
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7