Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Join in the fun with #SimSummer!

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
Hello Everyone!

You might have seen our blog this week talking about #SimSummer, the way we’re celebrating a summer spent playing The Sims 4.

Each week will have a different theme, and we would love for you to share your screenshots on either Twitter or Instagram to see what YOUR Sims are up to.

Remember to keep an eye for an announcement about each theme (I will be sharing what the themes are each week here) and to share your image with the hashtag #SimSummer. If you tag a #SimSummer picture on Instagram or Twitter, you could get* some #SimSummer goodies, complete with a The Sims 4 towel, sunglasses, water bottle, and lanyard!
Prizes.jpg

*Respect the rights of others. Provide only content (1) that is not defamatory, obscene, offensive or indecent, (2) that is not confidential or proprietary and (3) that does not violate or infringe any third party rights. By providing, you grant EA all licenses needed to enable EA's use of the content for any purpose. EA's Terms of Service apply.

THEMES:

WEEK 1: Tag pics of your Sim kids outside
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• Options
    BringMeTheMuseeBringMeTheMusee Posts: 1 New Member
    Totally doing this! I wish all competing good luck!
  • Options
    graciecam1303graciecam1303 Posts: 175 Member
    Sounds awesome :)
    tumblr_mxmllsu3fz1shhth1o2_500.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That blanket!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    That blanket!!

It's a super soft towel! I LOVE it :D
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Are you able to purchase Sims 4 merchandise from an online store? I love merchandise. :D@SimGuruDrake
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I'd just wear the lanyard for the rest of time. Wouldn't even have to have anything on it.
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I know that you can't talk us about new content which will be release in the future.. But is there a possibility to get another game pack soon? Maybe summer/sea themed in the next months? Or absolutely not? So I could stop thinking about that, please:)
  • Options
    THEREALCH0SEN1THEREALCH0SEN1 Posts: 7 New Member
    This sounds very cool.... :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hello Everyone!

You might have seen our blog this week talking about #SimSummer, the way we’re celebrating a summer spent playing The Sims 4.

Each week will have a different theme, and we would love for you to share your screenshots on either Twitter or Instagram to see what YOUR Sims are up to.

Remember to keep an eye for an announcement about each theme (I will be sharing what the themes are each week here) and to share your image with the hashtag #SimSummer. If you tag a #SimSummer picture on Instagram or Twitter, you could get* some #SimSummer goodies, complete with a The Sims 4 towel, sunglasses, water bottle, and lanyard!
    Prizes.jpg

*Respect the rights of others. Provide only content (1) that is not defamatory, obscene, offensive or indecent, (2) that is not confidential or proprietary and (3) that does not violate or infringe any third party rights. By providing, you grant EA all licenses needed to enable EA's use of the content for any purpose. EA's Terms of Service apply.

I was searching for that hashtag on twitter and I couldn't find it. I'd love to post some pics of my sims celebrating summer. Also I hope were getting some more game content for Summer next month.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    I don't have a Twitter or Instagram, so good luck to those that do.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't have a Twiiter or Instagram, so good luck to those that do.

Me neither. A bit disappointed that the forums aren't good enough for the gurus, but appreciate that it was at least shared here.
  • Options
    LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    It's Winter here in the South! So I am finding the Summer theme a bit hard when I'm driving on frosted roads every day :))))). Well, maybe we will just let the Sims believe it is Summer ... hie! Better get a twitter account! What about tumblr??? xx
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • Options
    ouowen83ouowen83 Posts: 9 New Member
    sounds great....
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Too bad it's only on Twitter and Hipstergram.
  • Options
    TriX0099 wrote: »

Me neither. A bit disappointed that the forums aren't good enough for the gurus, but appreciate that it was at least shared here.

Pretty sure there are tools available for both that enable randomly choosing an entry.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    snickerz0338snickerz0338 Posts: 8 New Member
    What is your instagram profile?
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    edited June 2015
    TriX0099 wrote: »

Pretty sure there are tools available for both that enable randomly choosing an entry.

Pretty sure the combination of a random number generator, and threads with competition entries only are not a new invention either, if randomly choosing an entry is a criteria.

I personally don't care about competitions. It is just that after collecting feedback about issues on the forum, where one of the reported issues, is the disappointment/frustration with these forums being "ignored" and having to go to Twitter/FB for info, I find it "not promising" to see them make a competition that you can only enter, if you join Twitter or Instagram. But it WAS at least shared here, and that I do appreciate.

EDIT: I swear, I always come across more negative than I intend to, so how about this: I hope there will be threads created with the weekly theme, for people to post their pictures in (even if it is not a competition) for the rest of us forum-dwellers to enjoy looking at :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Hello Everyone!

So people who don't get involved in social media aren't going to be able to contribute? I don't have a twitter, instagram, facebook or any other of that type of account.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    *shrug* I have a Twitter account but figure my more professional-related followers aren't interested in seeing contest posts. It's easy enough to just make a second one. Figure it can't be much harder to make a first one. It's not like you end up forced to use the account all the time. People fill out contest entries etc. all the time; making an account somewhere to enter a contest strikes me as not a big deal. As corporate social media go, Twitter is less evil than Facebook in data collection, FWIW. Instagram is Facebook-owned, so between the two, if you're going to make an account to enter a contest, Twitter strikes as the one to use.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Oh god I want them.
    @SimGuruDrake is this open for UK xD
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    *shrug* I have a Twitter account but figure my more professional-related followers aren't interested in seeing contest posts. It's easy enough to just make a second one. Figure it can't be much harder to make a first one. It's not like you end up forced to use the account all the time. People fill out contest entries etc. all the time; making an account somewhere to enter a contest strikes me as not a big deal. As corporate social media go, Twitter is less evil than Facebook in data collection, FWIW. Instagram is Facebook-owned, so between the two, if you're going to make an account to enter a contest, Twitter strikes as the one to use.

The thing is....it shouldn't be necessary to open any other account to participate in anything Sims. This is the Sims forum operated by EA for Sims players. No I wouldn't be forced to use the account but I would be forced to open an account if I would like to participate.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    Ahhhh I love the gear! Not enough to dive into Twitter or Instagram, but still awesome gear.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Hello Everyone!

Prizes.jpg

Why can't we post our screen shots here for the contest. I do not twitter or instagram.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    I would say it's not that forum posters don't matter but The Sims 4 gets more exposure through Twitter and Instagram. The Sims Community Website on Twitter has almost 18,000 followers, Sim Guru Graham has over 30,000 followers, SimsVip has over 27,000 followers, and the Sims 4 twitter account has over 400,000 followers.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top