Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets Expansion Pack Ideas Corner

When I see all these people begging for "more pets" and "no humans needed", why not try to come up ideas to improve your standard pets from TS3?
My ideas are below, listed to improve Horses, Dogs, and definitely Cats!

CATS:
1. Allow them to learn to do tricks. I have a cat named Charlie who can do a ton of tricks, simple ones like Sit and Stay and also Up and Spin; he does it just like dogs do, too.
2. Mixed breeds! Always an amazing thing, allowing Mixed to be a breed would make Mixes so much better!
3. New traits, such as "Can't Stand Children" or "Dislikes Attention" or maybe even a special "Treat Foodie" trait! My baby boys hate to be picked up and also love food, at least Charlie does!

DOGS:
1. New traits! Always a good thing, like perhaps "Houndini" for an escape artist! Seriously, I have a Rottie named Sassy who is a complete Houndini.
2. Imbred traits, like if a mother has the "Friendly" trait there should be a chance of the puppy having it as well.
3. Shows! Dog shows are fun, and some dog lovers would like for there to be Dog Shows that they could build a kennel of Show Dogs for!

HORSES:
1. More traits! I've met a horse who completely watched my every move when I was eating some salad on a bench near his pen. I'm going to call that horse a Foodie, really.

Any other ideas? Off the top of my head, those are the ones I thought of.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,313 Member
    Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

This really should be moved over to The Sims 4 Ideas Corner as this forum that you have this in now is for ideas and feedback for the forums itself and not the game. To move this yourself, all you need to do is hit the edit button on your post and then select the proper forum that it goes into... :)
  • Options
    SoyUn_SimmerSoyUn_Simmer Posts: 36 Member
    I really wish there were more things , new animals !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Sure, loads of ideas: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828534/pets-ep-what-is-needed-for-a-very-good-pets-expansion/p1

You're welcome to join in. :) Mixed breeds sounds like kind of a cool idea. I don't know if they can do it though.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    * I'd like for there to be pet shows: agility courses; best-of-breed; grooming; etc.
    * I'd like sims to have careers like pet trainer; pet beautician, and VET!!!
    * I'd also love pet careers back. For pets to be farm-help (sheep dogs or vermin catchers), security or police, and show-biz celebrities!

Ideally I'd also love farm animals like cows, sheep and chickens.
  • Options
    puffball27puffball27 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would appreciate an expansion pack...
    * with the ability to have a larger household
    *weather
    *pets
    *cars
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    How about some Manatee and dolphins that they can swim with.
  • Options
    NadoueNadoue Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi,
    I would add that it would be particularly helpful to be able to save pet coats so that we can modify a pet we just adopted, for instance, with a coat we made. Since it takes a lot of time to make them (and paint them), being able to save them in CAP would really be interesting. Saving them in the gallery resets the pet in the family and does not modify an existing one. This feature was also in the Sims 3.

Further more, I think it would be nice to revamp the coat genetics for pets so that we can get babies with a mixture of the two parents instead of a carbon copy of one of the parents' coat. This was also in the Sims 3 I believe.
  • Options
    LEXIISHOTTLEXIISHOTT Posts: 2 New Member
    New animal groomer job/skill line. Different cut opens depending on your skill level. New items: Groomers Bath, Groomers Table, Clippers, Nail Trimmers, Bandanna's/bows (That you can only get through grooming, collectible items), Blow dryers, dogs cages, new groomer store/business.
    New Interactions: Clean ears, Squeeze 🐸🐸🐸🐸 glands, trim nails, ect.