Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    ThePartySimThePartySim Posts: 852 Member
    @buggysmom10 hello! Welcome to this thread. I am full of advice, and a lot of other people are as well! Do you have anything in mind that you need help on? . As for poses, you'll need the pose player, poses and cheats! Make sure the poses you have are list compatible because it's easier to work with. The code you'll need to activate is testingcheatsenabled true, then moveobjects on. That way you can move your sims around and position them into their poses. Hideheadlineeffects on is your best friend! It'll hide the plumbob and the random though bubbles and skill bars. Also, nraas master control and story progression are life saver mods! Tab mode helps because it lets you position the camera for better pictures.

Writing wise, if you have an specifics. Feel free to ask anoy of us. We're a pretty friendly bunch :D
    My stories:
    A Graying World http://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/
    Sim Star Idol http://simstaridol.wordpress.com
    How to Be a Star http://howtobeastarstory.blogspot.com/ [Complete!]
  • Options
    buggysmom10buggysmom10 Posts: 10,548 Member
    Wow, thanks for the help! Please don't mind spelling errors that I don't catch, I'm still getting used to a new keyboard.
    @RaeNic Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to interacting with you!
    @ThePartySim Wow, all great suggestions! I've been using nrass for a while. I found that playing without error trap and overwatch was impossible (everything crashed constantly). Story progression adds so many laughs and it's great to see other family members starting families. I didn't know about the cheat, it certainly will be a life saver! Who wants a starving moodlet symbol (my poor sims) hovering while trying to take a picture? I certainly don't. My main problem is finding a slow enough pace, but not agonizing for the reader.
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    Helloooo all. Just popping in to say hey and that I hope everyone is doing well.

@powderjr welcome back!

@buggysmom10 welcome to the thread! ^_^

@RaeNic *hugss* hi there! <3
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    I see. Well, I thought it was really cool. All the polls I've participated in gave the background and a little about the character, but I don't think I've ever seen future outcomes shown. So, yeah, really liked that. But yes, I can very much see how it would force you to get creative and maybe think more about how to write your story when it's one you weren't expecting or at least not your first choice. hah Yesss, 3am is perfect timing for horror suspense stories. ;) Ok, I'm heading over to comment on your blog now. Sooo, see ya' there. lol

@RaeNic Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to interacting with you!
    Oh, you're very welcome! XD Aww, I am, too. And I just wanted to say, because I didn't last time, your founder is beautiful! ^_^

@MrsOogieBoogie XD I finally read and commented on your story. I spent a lot, a lot, a LOT of time just looking at the photos. haha Probably took me twice as long to read and comment because I was drooling and/or staring, mouth agape. ;)<3

• Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    19015_zpsgwxii5b1.png
    “Dani, stop. You can’t tell me of my future.”
    “You told me mine. You ran up to us and saved us and you told us that we had to help you, me and Janus. Because we had to. It was our responsibility that the Sanctuary even exists.”
    Chapter 19 is up for reading here :)
  • Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2015
    @RaeNic , thank you so much! I am glad you like them <3<3 I will follow you too!
  • Options
    buggysmom10buggysmom10 Posts: 10,548 Member
    @RaeNic Thank you! She took so long to make, my laptop has a habit of crashing in CAS. I'm not very good at building though, the most I can do is a box or rectangle.

@MrsOogieBoogie Thank you!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've got an update out for Gibsons HERE and I've been uploading pictures for other stories so I can write them in the blog pages.
    I've had to time skip using chanpters covering entire seasons or part of a season because it moves the story along after the initial stages of it.I added story and drama to Winfield in the winter chapters with the hard winter and tons of snow the game gave me inspriring me to write about their hard winter.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    RaeNic wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Wow! So many updates! How cool! I'll need to get to reading this weekend.

@br560 and @buggysmom10 Hello to both of you and welcome! I'll definitely go and start following your stories. :)

@HopeAK Hi! I started following your simblr. Your photos and sims are SO beautiful! :open_mouth:

@ValoisFulcanelli and @InfraGreen those are great questions to ask about/for your characters. I can definitely see them helping to figure out who the character is in more depth. I've seen some on tumblr that I really like as well. I think they're more along the lines of your suggestions, though, Valois. They kind of remind me of role playing or something and I love that idea. I've never done it, but it sounds fun and answering those questions as the character makes me think of that. I like it. A lot. If I'm ever not lazy I'll definitely need to do some of those. :)

@ThePartySim Hey! I know this is late, but I did vote in that poll you had up. haha It was a tough one (I noticed you have a winner though. Excited to find out who it is). But I just went with the one whose future story line I'd like to see. ^_^ I love that you did that though, showed how life would be like with that potential spouse. Such a great idea. Oh, and I read Pennbrook, but I'm not sure if I commented yet. I read it at like 3am so I was tired after and wanted to wait to respond. lol I'll get to that later today. Maybe tonight when I get back home....

@NewToTheSims and @MrsOogieBoogie *waves and big hugs* Hi!! XD

Thank you :)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    Hi Guys :)

Chapter 6
    The two detectives pay a visit to Paul, their first witness.
    He shows up in his pyjamas, and does not offer much support...
    6_4.jpg
    Full chapter here: https://simtowntales.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/chapter-six/

In Chapter Seven Kate and Ben are not entirely pleased with the results they got after talking to Paul, so they try to cheer themselves up with some chilli at the diner. By the end of their meal they are more depressed than before, so there's another failure for them.
    7_1.jpg

Their next stop is David Foster's house, where they meet someone unpleasant...
    7_3.jpg

If she seems familiar, it's because Mrs. Foster is played by Kim Marshall. (Thanks for the co-operation, Kim)
    Full chapter here: https://simtowntales.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/chapter-seven/
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    I have the next chapter of A Graying World out with the future spouse reveal. Thank you all for voting. Two choices tied, but one clearly dominated. This chapter isn't so much romantic, but it does fill in some missing pieces. Hope you guys enjoy reading it :) It can be found here: https://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/4-16-are-you-sure/

Screenshot-7_zpsnotoztmq.jpg
    My stories:
  • Options
    itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Options
    Dandylion240Dandylion240 Posts: 279 Member
    Hi everyone! It's almost Friday!
    I have a new chapter posted for The Van Winkle Legacy, you can read it here vanwinklelegacy.blogspot.com/2015/06/33-who-is-ambrogio-part-1.html
    [img][/img]Screenshot-481_zps1dswut48.jpg

• Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    I had some time to mess around with screenshots, so I posted chapter eight, in which Kate and Ben pays a visit to the Red Cow Bar, where the victim used to work.
    8_1.jpg
    Her ex boss is forthcoming with information, however the big breakthrough they were hoping for still does not happen...
    8_3.jpg

Chapter Eight here: https://simtowntales.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/chapter-eight/
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    Soo.. I was messing around today - playing with Yadira again - and she spontaneously combusted on her front lawn...

So that happened...

I had just saved before that, so no big deal really - but wth. I didn't even know sims could do that. lol :astonished:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    Soo.. I was messing around today - playing with Yadira again - and she spontaneously combusted on her front lawn...

So that happened...

I had just saved before that, so no big deal really - but wth. I didn't even know sims could do that. lol :astonished:

LMAO Wtff!?!? I had no idea Sims could do that either?? XD
  • Options
    Hiya guys! Thought I'd stop in to pick your creative brains ;) On another forum I was having a discussion about length of writing, keeping it shorter versus making a piece longer. My personal conclusion is that it really depends on the piece and that each piece of writing has a different intention and style that length can change with. There is no rule that says how long a piece of writing should or shouldn't be. What are your thoughts on putting restrictions on how long a piece should be? Just curious :)
    My stories:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I tend to write more text with updates that have fewer pictures and to rely more on the pictures and have less text if there's a lot of pictures.It also depends on how long of time period is being covered by the chapter I'm writing and it will be longer with more writing if it's covering a long time period.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2015
    20004_zps4pu3lv1l.png
    She didn’t look at Charlotte. It was the other person that now had her backing up so that she fell and scraped her hands on the pile of junk, probably contracting tetanus in the process. This all seemed irrelevant somehow because her brain was racing.
    Shaun Masters. Of all people in the world who could have found her…

Chapter 20 is up for reading here :)
  • Options
    Dandylion240Dandylion240 Posts: 279 Member
    Hiya guys! Thought I'd stop in to pick your creative brains ;) On another forum I was having a discussion about length of writing, keeping it shorter versus making a piece longer. My personal conclusion is that it really depends on the piece and that each piece of writing has a different intention and style that length can change with. There is no rule that says how long a piece of writing should or shouldn't be. What are your thoughts on putting restrictions on how long a piece should be? Just curious :)

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to length. I've found that length depends upon what I want to accomplish in the chapter I'm writing. There seems to be a natural flow and ebb to writing and it's best when the chapter has come to that ebb to finish the chapter, whether long or short. I've been told that the shorter the chapter the more people will keep reading but I'm not sure how well that applies to a blog when the reader has to wait for updates. So I just go with what feel right.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! It's rainy here so once again its a stay inside kind of weekend.
    I have a new chapter up for Not So Ordinary Life, you can read it here, 3.3 It's a Matter of Time

[img][/img]Screenshot-14_zpsvomveoxm.jpg

• Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    I'm in agreement with you. Unless you're writing with a deliberate restriction in mind (eg: You have to write a flash fiction piece with a specific 1,000-word limit, or the even more challenging classic 100-word drabble) then every story or chapter has its own natural end point, and when it feels finished, that's when it is finished.

It also depends on the style of the piece and the style of voice that you're using. If you're writing something in the Regency era, a more flowery and elegant prose style will lend itself to more description (and therefore longer chapters), whereas if you're writing a noir-ish first-person detective story you might opt for a much tighter, staccato style which will lend itself to shorter chapters.

In short: if there are no pre-stated rules (and you're not trying to conform to a set length suggestion for, say, a specific genre novel such as epic fantasy) then let the story lead you to its natural conclusion without trying to restrict it.

tfb.jpg
  • Options
    Happy Saturday, peeps :)

Chapter 56 of The Madness of Mr Goth is now online.

return_banner.jpg
    "Dad! DAAAAAAAAAD! I'M HOOOOOOOOOOOOME!"

Mort came barrelling into the house like a whirlwind, dropping his suitcase and a massive art case in the hallway before he followed his nose into the kitchen.

Gunther was ready with his arms open, and Mort ran into them breathlessly, hugging his dad and lifting his feet off the floor. Gunther hoisted him up, swinging him around a little, as best he could in the kitchen, then set him down again.

"I take it that you had a good time, then?" he said, laughing as Mort looked up, still not letting go.
    Click the image to read the chapter (or click here if browsing with images disabled). Click here to start reading the story from the beginning (and please make sure you read the disclaimer if you haven't yet done so!)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    Yep. Gotta say, I agree with this 100%. I think that it depends on the person doing the writing and the story. If you feel like what you're writing is done, it is. The word count doesn't matter. Of course there are those exceptions for the writing prompts that have specified a word count or if you want your writing to be considered a novel, short story, or whatever (and those are still general parameters), but I think, for the most part, that the length is really up to the author. Whatever feels right to you, it probably is.

@Valois I don't know if I've said this before, but I just love your photos. They always look so great. :)
  • Options
    @RaeNic Aww, thank you! :)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015

So that happened...

LMAO Wtff!?!? I had no idea Sims could do that either?? XD

0_o OMG! Actually I think I had a sim do this. It was summer and it was hot and I didn't bring them inside fast enough. They got sunburned and then caught on fire. It really made me mad. We people do not just randomly catch on fire. *hands on hips, glaring at EA* >:( I had to pause the game, delete the on fire or whatever moodlet they had, then send them to the shower to de-char. I was so annoyed. I think it happened to one of my favorite sims, too.
    @RaeNic Aww, thank you! :)
    You are very welcome! ^_^