Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

U.F.O plant, how long to get?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I have tried the search function for the past few minutes and couldn't find anything.

I have been trying and trying to get my sim a UFO plant, numerous (I'm talking in the 30s at least) space trips :/ it's starting to drive me bonkers. Any tips that will help me or is it utterly random?

Comments

• Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Space pirates, green man, bootlegger and colonist uprising can all give you one. Threaten the pirates, hide the bootlegger's cargo, side with the colonists.
  • Options
    Tiger_Lover_78Tiger_Lover_78 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm not sure I think it may be random, I got it yesterday after maybe 2nd or 3rd trip to space, I'm trying to think which chance card came up when I got it, but sadly can't right now. :( In another game I have gone up tons and still not got it though that's why I think it's random. Oh wait I remember what it was not. It's the chance card when you have to pick the moon colonist or the general (something like that) I went with the moon colonist and fought with them instead of warning the general and got it. Maybe that will help.
    SD2011-ANGELINDISGUISE-F1-SHERA5-1.jpg
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    Sadly it seems to be random. I got a UFO plant on my first mission, only to lose it when I had to reload my game due to a glitch, and I haven't managed to get it back yet despite having gone on a lot of missions.
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    Thanks @tiger_lover_78, I'll try that when it comes up.

It's so frustrating :/ I've had this gardening sim for ages
  • Options
    Oh awesome @moongodess sorry I didn't see your comment before. Hopefully that helps :)
  • Options
    @keshialee you're welcome I hope it helps, I finally got the gardening achievement yesterday so now I'm just grafting everything together to get a smaller garden that will take less time to take care of. LOL
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    ... wait, you can get the UFO fruit from the colonists? I've sided with them twice now and not gotten a UFO plant yet! Ugh. :(
  • Options
    @Rainbow2 that's the only way I have got it. Most of the time I don't side with them, but still it may be random.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Threaten the pirates, then take their deal and they'll often give you a UFO AND a cowplant berry lol

Oh, yeah - they also wash your windshield and change the oil on your space ship ;)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Seems to me we need an extensive guide on space adventures desperately.

On the topic:
    moongodess wrote: »
    Space pirates, green man, bootlegger and colonist uprising can all give you one. Threaten the pirates, hide the bootlegger's cargo, side with the colonists.
    When you go for space exploring in order to get a specific item, in this case UFO plant, if the first screen is not any of these, pic an option then cancel the adventure. Your sim will return back home instantly and you can send him again for exploring. No need to waste time on adventures that'll give you something you've already collected/completed.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    They're kind of ugly/cute and their fruit pays.
    PGL_20141004_2308_zpsf787eaf2.png

Be sure to use expensive sturgeon to fertilize them from $1500+.
    They will also evolve faster if you do. Have fun searching. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I got mine in like my second space adventure, I do think it was from the colonists one cause I got a cowplant and a UFO.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Seems to me we need an extensive guide on space adventures desperately.

On the topic:
    moongodess wrote: »
    When you go for space exploring in order to get a specific item, in this case UFO plant, if the first screen is not any of these, pic an option then cancel the adventure. Your sim will return back home instantly and you can send him again for exploring. No need to waste time on adventures that'll give you something you've already collected/completed.

Thanks, I never thought to cancel it out. I'm going to play now, see if I can finally nab this darn plant!

@blunote00 the sturgeon is from the hidden area? The one is oasis springs? I'll give it a hunt out anyway
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »
    They're kind of ugly/cute and their fruit pays.
    PGL_20141004_2308_zpsf787eaf2.png

Be sure to use expensive sturgeon to fertilize them from $1500+.
    They will also evolve faster if you do. Have fun searching. ;)

Easier to grow one, graft it to a perfect tomato and then replace the original with the perfect UFO fruit.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    I got mine from the green man challenge, no doubt its random but this is what options I chose, when the question was Jungle or Swamp I chose Swamp, then the next question is take weapon or leave weapon, I took weapon. For my trouble I got the UFO and a cowberry.

Edit: you asked how long, I got mine 2 days ago, that was 4 weeks of playing to get the UFo lol
  • Options
    I got mine from the green man challenge, no doubt its random but this is what options I chose, when the question was Jungle or Swamp I chose Swamp, then the next question is take weapon or leave weapon, I took weapon. For my trouble I got the UFO and a cowberry.

Edit: you asked how long, I got mine 2 days ago, that was 4 weeks of playing to get the UFo lol

I always choose jungle and no weapon lol I think it's chance whether or not you find something he'll eat and the weapon/no weapon doesn't matter.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Cowplant, trash pant, UFO plant.... Where learn gardening our sims? With Crazy-Dave?
  • Options
    No joke I have been sitting here, sending my sim into space for 45 human minutes only stopping to eat/sleep... Still NOTHING :/
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Okay I promise to make a space adventures (sort of) a guide then. As soon as I clean up ach. thread.

keshialee, try to get Comm alert mission. Pics:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12804631/#Comment_12804631
    Until it appears, cancel, retry.
  • Options
    @JoxerTM22 I still havent got it :'(>:) haven't used any cheats etc, no mods no nothing.... I know its a game of chance but c'mon. To be honest I haven't tried it with another sim... but I don;t really have any other sims that I have as gardeners/space explorers, so it is probably my on stubbornness that is preventing me from getting one, but my other sims just don't wanna go to space :# lol
  • Options
    kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    [quote="litabelaqua;12815157"]I got mine from the green man challenge, no doubt its random but this is what options I chose, when the question was Jungle or Swamp I chose Swamp, then the next question is take weapon or leave weapon, I took weapon. For my trouble I got the UFO and a cowberry.

Edit: you asked how long, I got mine 2 days ago, that was 4 weeks of playing to get the UFo lol[/quote]
    thanks I got the green man thing and saw your post I followed the instructions and got the plant!! Thanks so much
  • Options
    Cleo201Cleo201 Posts: 13 New Member
    'bb.showhiddenobjects' allows you to access objects and seeds such as cow plant, UFO seed, etc. It also unlocks different collectibles. It costs some money but not too much, hope that helps!!
  • Options
    Cleo201Cleo201 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Cleo201 said:
    > 'bb.showhiddenobjects' allows you to access objects and seeds such as cow plant, UFO seed, etc. It also unlocks different collectibles. It costs some money but not too much, hope that helps!!

Oh and you also get the death flower too!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    keshialee wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted before, I have tried the search function for the past few minutes and couldn't find anything.

I have been trying and trying to get my sim a UFO plant, numerous (I'm talking in the 30s at least) space trips :/ it's starting to drive me bonkers. Any tips that will help me or is it utterly random?

Easiest way is to use bb.showhiddenobjects
  • Options
    RDMAJ1990RDMAJ1990 Posts: 11 New Member
    Okay. Litabelaqua is tried and true. Follow her instructions. I did took the Pirates offer, sided with the colonist (was jailed), and hid the bootleggers whatever; only ended up with space rocks and live pink whales and shtuff, but it wasn't until I got the green man challenge that I was able to complete my gardening collection.

Thank you litabelaqua
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top