Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Please don't release toddlers in a free patch

Comments

• Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    It probably wont stop people from talking about toddlers even if they do say no they wont be in the sims 4 at all. But still the waiting around and wondering if they are coming. How they might be added to the game? Patch or ep? I know I probably wont stop talking about toddlers because I personally haven't been able to get into the family life like I do in the other sims games. So toddlers will always be a big deal to me. But I just want to know for sure if they are going to be in the game or not.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Mr_BootsMr_Boots Posts: 21 New Member
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > king_of_simcity7 wrote: »
    >
    > Weather they are free, in an EP, or they never arrive, I somehow do think that they won't add much to TS4. They might add something, yes, but I don't think that they would be 'the lifeboat' that TS4 needs right now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes when I think of them being added I think of things like the broken family tree and culled ghosts.

I am annoyed with the culling myself and really don't understand why it hasn't been fixed. someone told me there is a mod but I am tired of having to use mods to fix games. I didn't mind with Sims 3 but those mods were to fix minor things and not things that shouldn't be there in the first place
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, please speak for yourself as there is no way on Earth that I can be included in that 'we'.

In English even two persons address themselves as "we"
    Not my mistake. I did not invent the language. so it is still we

The "We" in which you choose to use the term incorporates the "entirety of the community". English language written rules, or grammar as it was once called by educated individuals, are not that old. Jane Austin was not subjected to the same grammar rules that have existed in 20th century and certainly not by any that we use today. A term such as "players with preferences similar to mine" Or "other players like me" would have been better. You cannot speak about the collective "We" community without doing research and surveys. I for one would prefer to get a life stage through a patch with an expandable stuff pack or EP later on. MANY people posting to this seem to agree with a patch then SP or EP later. Therefore, many of us have provided you with evidence that the collective "We" is not acceptable to be used here. Now if you don't mind, I would really like to go play my Sims 4 game, where instances of English Grammar do not come into play as they speak simlish.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Thing is, we shouldn't even have to ASK for toddlers, they should be in the game already, period. I'm not sure why you are referring to us as the "community", I mean we are, but that doesn't mean we all have the same wants, you want to pay for toddlers, I sure as hell know most people don't. Also, if you are a fan of the game, if toddlers were paid, it wouldn't effect you, as they are just addititon to an already "good" game, for others, they are a massive part of the game, and should be free.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I like how this thread on its own has managed to break the forum.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hhahajajjahahahhajakahhahajahjahahahahahajajjahahhahahhahahahahahh
    I wish i can click the lol button multiaple Times hahhahahhajahahahahhahahajhahajahahhahahahahah
    iam so angery ahahhahajajahahahhahahah toddlers for money hahahahahhajajahjwjahajha i just cant believe it

I Am feeling rude sorry
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I wish i can click the lol button multiaple Times hahhahahhajahahahahhahahajhahajahahhahahahahah
    iam so angery ahahhahajajahahahhahahah toddlers for money hahahahahhajajahjwjahajha i just cant believe it

I Am feeling rude sorry

Are you alright?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thing is, we shouldn't even have to ASK for toddlers, they should be in the game already, period. I'm not sure why you are referring to us as the "community", I mean we are, but that doesn't mean we all have the same wants, you want to pay for toddlers, I sure as hell know most people don't. Also, if you are a fan of the game, if toddlers were paid, it wouldn't effect you, as they are just addititon to an already "good" game, for others, they are a massive part of the game, and should be free.

This! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    And I didn't think player expectations could sink any lower.

I get it: you want them to really flesh them out, and would rather pay for fleshed out than get 'renamed children' in a free patch. That is respectful. But look at the Maxis track-record on this: bear suits, because bears are 'too hard'. Suggests to me they will see this, and charge for the 'renamed children' pack, because, if making a bear is 'too hard', imagine how hard it would be to make a toddler (properly).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I Am feeling rude sorry

Are you alright?

I just think it's a case of wishing they could hit the OP's post with the lol button .....a lot.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Roomouse wrote: »
    Yes, please speak for yourself as there is no way on Earth that I can be included in that 'we'.

The "We" in which you choose to use the term incorporates the "entirety of the community". English language written rules, or grammar as it was once called by educated individuals, are not that old. Jane Austin was not subjected to the same grammar rules that have existed in 20th century and certainly not by any that we use today. A term such as "players with preferences similar to mine" Or "other players like me" would have been better. You cannot speak about the collective "We" community without doing research and surveys. I for one would prefer to get a life stage through a patch with an expandable stuff pack or EP later on. MANY people posting to this seem to agree with a patch then SP or EP later. Therefore, many of us have provided you with evidence that the collective "We" is not acceptable to be used here. Now if you don't mind, I would really like to go play my Sims 4 game, where instances of English Grammar do not come into play as they speak simlish.

Come on, no need to correct people. Sometimes I use the term 'we' as well but I don't mean it to refer to everyone
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    You know the OP has a history of flame bait and rudeness...I wouldn't take it seriously.

I don't want to pay for basic toddlers but I'd be willing to pay for playpens and extras like that.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Roomouse wrote: »

Come on, no need to correct people. Sometimes I use the term 'we' as well but I don't mean it to refer to everyone

Maybe the OP means the majestic plural as in the royal we.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,
    Please do not release Toddlers in a free patch.
    We are willing to pay for them in an EP specific to family/generation with objects and interactions related to all the life stages.

I hope you will listen to this request as you have listened to many of my previous requests. We the players want toddlers and other life stages in a full fledged EP and not as a free patch.
    Thank you for creating this wonderful addictive game. You have done a great job so far and I am sure you will do better for future contents :)

The op ment we the players. I understand if someone says we instead of I. Ive done that too. But this wasn't the case in the op's thread. Op ment we the players. All of us. Which is wrong because not all of us want to pay for toddlers.

my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,
    We are willing to pay for them in an EP specific to family/generation with objects and interactions related to all the life stages.

I hope you will listen to this request as you have listened to many of my previous requests. We the players want toddlers and other life stages in a full fledged EP and not as a free patch.
    Thank you for creating this wonderful addictive game. You have done a great job so far and I am sure you will do better for future contents :)

The op ment we the players. I understand if someone says we instead of I. Ive done that too. But this wasn't the case in the op's thread. Op ment we the players. All of us. Which is wrong because not all of us want to pay for toddlers.

Not even all of us want toddlers =/

But OP does have a point it shouldn't be a Patch. But I don't think it should be a paid for either. Free optional pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Thank you all for participating. I'm sure EA and the gurus will see how the community feel about the toddlers.
    They are wanted very much for the game. The method might be different but as you see EA they are needed very much.

A well made generation EP will sell like a hot cake. Now if that EP will have toddlers or if the toddlers are released in a patch before that all this should not stop you gurus from adding more interactions to all life stages with every content or EP that is released.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member

I Am feeling rude sorry

Are you alright?

I said Before have toddlersim and this thread got this illness active :mrgreen:
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Dear EA and Gurus,

But OP does have a point it shouldn't be a Patch. But I don't think it should be a paid for either. Free optional pack.

Maybe like babies they can add the option of growing them up immediately so that those who don't want to deal with them will not be stuck playing a lifestage they don't want
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    Toddlers are a life stage. It's something that was missed from the game rather than something that is being added as an extra. I'm not complaining, I mean I can't say the game is much different without toddlers, but if/when they do add them I think it has to be a free pack or a patch. I don't think it's fair to charge people for a basic life stage... sure you may be able to afford it, but other's can't.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I think they will add toddlers in a patch, then relase a generation ep right after and bam, they will sell the generation ep like bread.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Those who are still opposing against using "we", you can use we too. I and many other friends who are simmers do not want them as a free patch.
    I have a big faith in EA and the sims gurus, I trust their decisions and have no doubts they will do the right thing whether it is what I suggested or what you suggest.

And yes here I am talking on behalf of my friends who are not on this forum. I am speaking on their behalf
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,

WHAT!? Are you actually for real? You seriously need to re read everything you write at least 5 times before you post it. I AM NOT INCLUDED IN ANY 'WE' THAT CONCERNS YOU! Get that into your head now so we do not need to have this discussion again.

And to EA - I will NEVER pay for toddlers. Again, and unlike some, I speak only for MYSELF. But just so's you know!

--T
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,

Please don't use we when not everybody agrees with you. I want them to be patched into the base game because what if I had to uninstall the Toddlers Expansion pack and I already had some families with toddlers? That would kill my toddlers.

Toddlers have to be patched in because it's the only way it would make sense.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,

Dear EA and Gurus,

Maybe like babies they can add the option of growing them up immediately so that those who don't want to deal with them will not be stuck playing a lifestage they don't want

Unlike babies toddlers would be able to blow the candles of a cake, they wouldn't be tied to anything, so that action is rendered useless.

@MasonGamer You would be able to bake a cake and just tell your sim to pick the toddler for him to blow the candles and age up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top