The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Please don't release toddlers in a free patch

Comments

• Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    All I can do right about now is read and shake my head. :/ This right here is a hot mess.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    Wow, I should have guessed this thread would turn into one big argument.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Ammm speak for yourself, i'm not willing to spend another penny on this game until it's up to base game standard. That includes npc's the missing objects (dishwasher etc) and toddlers.

Honestly I barely play this game. The past editions though great for the time feel outdated now and are difficult to get back into, this latest one feels lacking in so many areas. Charm, gameplay, classic objects, npcs, open world and the general feel that made sims 1 & 2 great. Playing the game feels repetitive and boring. It just seems to be all about building skills and collecting objects. Building the guitar skill doesnt feel different from building the logic skill. I think I'm about done with the entire series. I'm not sure patching in the missing stuff could save this game. There is just something so lacking about it and I think 10 expansion packs down the line it will still be lacking. Maybe I will come back when sims 5 is released (if EA doesn't scrap the game)
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,
    Please do not release Toddlers in a free patch.
    We are willing to pay for them in an EP specific to family/generation with objects and interactions related to all the life stages.

I hope you will listen to this request as you have listened to many of my previous requests. We the players want toddlers and other life stages in a full fledged EP and not as a free patch.
    Thank you for creating this wonderful addictive game. You have done a great job so far and I am sure you will do better for future contents :)

Oooooh, controversy.
    I have to ask, is this sarcasm? :P
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    FabianelfFabianelf Posts: 22 New Member
    OP should use rbridges lady gaga GIF and change it to:

I am... THE WHOLE COMUNNITY

This is like telling EA that not only we are ok with having basic things in the game removed but also that we are happy to pay for them! months.. almost a year from the game release.. Makes no sense to me!
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    There ya go again, speaking for everyone...

Rude. How do you know the OP doesn't refer to themselves as "we". They could be Legion from Mass Effect.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    There ya go again, speaking for everyone...

Rude. How do you know the OP doesn't refer to themselves as "we". They could be Legion from Mass Effect.
    She could be using the Royal 'we' / nosism. That would explain it :D
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    97555393a85396b1243f05e965956da7.jpg

Not everyone can afford the expansion packs that EA brings out. A big part of the sims franchise is younger simmers. Mmmkay?
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I want to know who the is talking when she/he says "WE"

Who is "we" ... reminds me what my dad would say when I wanted to go somewhere with friends ... "Hey dad, we are going into town." He would ask "who's we?" "Do you have a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in your pocket?" lol

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    We are willing to pay for them

Speak for yourself :unamused:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I agree! I don't like when things get patched in the game because to me it seems like they half step on making things work properly and I want my toddlers to be the best they have ever been.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    u mad?
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    I agree! I don't like when things get patched in the game because to me it seems like they half step on making things work properly and I want my toddlers to be the best they have ever been.

And paying for them does not guarantee that.

PREACH!!!
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I just wish we could get an official yes or no at them adding them in at all. So sick of the speculation and the 50 million threads about the issue.
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member

Exactly we paid for the base game and that did not guarantee everything we were told/expecting
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Dear EA and Gurus,
    Please do not release Toddlers in a free patch.
    We are willing to pay for them in an EP specific to family/generation with objects and interactions related to all the life stages.

I hope you will listen to this request as you have listened to many of my previous requests. We the players want toddlers and other life stages in a full fledged EP and not as a free patch.
    Thank you for creating this wonderful addictive game. You have done a great job so far and I am sure you will do better for future contents :)

Just shut the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member

That is true, too! Lol

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I just wish we could get an official yes or no at them adding them in at all. So sick of the speculation and the 50 million threads about the issue.

Agreed. No matter what way they are going to add them, it would just be nice to know for sure whether it was even going to happen or not.
  • Options

Unfortunately I do not think the topic of toddlers will die at all. We get them it'll just be you missed this out etc. If we get a no it'll be hundreds of threads as to why we haven't got them.

Not that I disagree either way they should have been there at launch.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member

Agreed. I just want an answer. Im tired of wondering.

my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Weather they are free, in an EP, or they never arrive, I somehow do think that they won't add much to TS4. They might add something, yes, but I don't think that they would be 'the lifeboat' that TS4 needs right now.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Weather they are free, in an EP, or they never arrive, I somehow do think that they won't add much to TS4. They might add something, yes, but I don't think that they would be 'the lifeboat' that TS4 needs right now.

Yes when I think of them being added I think of things like the broken family tree and culled ghosts.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

I think adding toddlers is more about restoring lost faith. I do agree though the sims 4 is missing that spice that the other games had.
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    shan_26 wrote: »
    Wow, I should have guessed this thread would turn into one big argument.

I honestly think this was the whole point of this thread, start some drama. Same 🐸🐸🐸🐸, different day really.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top