May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm waiting for The Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Luke2153 wrote: »
    Luke2153 wrote: »
    @Luke2153 really for the price of the base game the Hot Tub should have been included. I dont need anything that bad. Hot Tubs of the past either came in an ep with a lot more other stuff or came in the base game. So I guess if I dont give EA $10 I wont have a hot tub and that's fine by me. Im not buying it.
    The first thing to get EA's attention is to hurt their wallet, once they start losing some cash then we will see how much more stuff we get in the game for free. Really in the end consumers can really mess companies up.

all the more reason you should not cave on the hot tub. I wont cave. Its not fair to those who dont want to buy the pack dont get a hot tub. Ea's extras on the sims 3 store were more for packs. You can pick and chose what you want from the store but hot tubs were always in the game not extra.
    I know I told my self this was the only stuff pack I would buy and I plan on sticking to that.

Im holding out. I did not by GTW either. Im enjoying my new 3ds and spending more money on that and steam games. Waiting for the new godzilla for ps4, yoshis wooly world and Fatal Frame Five for wii U. Some good games coming out in 2016. Cant wait to see what E3 announces too on new games. LOL
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    yes The Sims 4 flopped so badly that it became the No.1 selling PC game in 2014!!
    Every company would dream to have such a flop in their list of games.

just because you don't like a game does not mean it is flop. if that was the criteria TS3 would be the biggest disaster in my books :p
    I don't know the first thing about games so help me out. What is this list?

Here are the top ten video games of 2014:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    Super Smash Bros (for 3DS and Wii U)
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

Apart from this: the game can be a personal flop to someone like Sims 3 was for you. Still don't get why you bought everything for that game. The fact that you spent money on a game you didn't like doesn't mean everybody does ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    RE my previous comment about Patching Sims3. According to SimsVIP Origin is consolidating the Sims3 games next week. Is this the sign that Sims3 is on the way out? :/
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    yes The Sims 4 flopped so badly that it became the No.1 selling PC game in 2014!!

just because you don't like a game does not mean it is flop. if that was the criteria TS3 would be the biggest disaster in my books :p

Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

I checked that too and found your same list floating around. I could not find the sims 4 on any top 10 list
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I really didn't like the TS4 base game, but I also got the EP...I am rather enjoying it with the EP..I think it will improve with more EP's. A lot I miss from TS3, though..I have TS2, TS3, and TS4 all on one computer...There are aspects I love with each one..I am having problems deciding which to jump into at this very moment..cannot decide. :p
  • Options
    Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member

Here.

To be honest, I don't want to see The Sims 5. EA's policy is about making money of empty remakes now. The Sims 4 was enough.
    bc028f35.png
  • Options
    Marble9 wrote: »

Here.

To be honest, I don't want to see The Sims 5. EA's policy is about making money of empty remakes now. The Sims 4 was enough.
    Help, you managed to make me even more confused lol
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

I checked that too and found your same list floating around. I could not find the sims 4 on any top 10 list
    There is this list with Sims 4 at the top, but I don't know what kind of list that was. Sims 3 was second and I can't believe that game is second on a 2014 general game list :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am not crazy about Sims 4 either, but if you are waiting for Sims 5 you might have a long wait. There might not be one because Sims 4 is so bad.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Marble9 wrote: »

I'd rather have it than not, but I surely hope EA changes the way it approaches game developments in the future. That'll depend on the public though, if they can shave a big chunk of change off development costs and not feel it in profits - it'll live on. It is starting to spread though, the topic of EA came up in a casual conversation at a staff meeting and my co-worker gave such a rant that I didn't need to say a thing lol

I can see lots of awesome in TS4, but I can see where a LOT of awesome wasn't added in time. I can't help but imagine what Maxis may have been able to finish given a bigger development budget. Although in saying that, I don't know what the budget actually was - it'd be interesting to compare.

Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

There is this list with Sims 4 at the top, but I don't know what kind of list that was. Sims 3 was second and I can't believe that game is second on a 2014 general game list :D

I saw that list someone posted and I dont think it was an official list and if it was official I remember it was an EA list. Now if it is accurate for ea sales 2014, all it shows is that a 5 year old game like the sims 3 is still selling in 2014 and overall in the past 5 years has outsold the sims 4 for it to come in second in sales against the sims 4.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

Correct because there aren't any PC-only games on this list. Your list is a multiplatform list where the sales numbers for PC versions, mobile versions and console versions of the same game are added together. The Sims 4 isn't on the list because TS4 has no version for neither consoles nor mobile devices. But TS4 is still the best selling game in 2014 if you only count PC versions of the games ;)

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    What makes you think that sims 5 will even happen they been going down hill every sense sims 3 but if they can get will wright and the same team that created the sims 2 then I would be excited.. but if it's going to be EA making it forget it it won't be good
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

You're wrong. The Sims 4 was listed as being the #1 best selling PC game in 2014 on *one* lousy chart, yet you continue to trumpet that fact as if it were proof that The Sims 4 was the #1 best selling game on PC across the board. Yet, other charts place it as much lower.

Keep fooling yourself. There are plenty of indicators that say The Sims 4 isn't anywhere near #1. If that were the case, we'd already have a premium store, there would have been an advance review copy, and EA wouldn't be throwing free content at us and giving us these itty bitty stuff packs to buy so they could keep making money. Much of that content could have been included in game packs or a themed expansion pack. The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 were wildly successful, and the only content we got was from the expansion packs and later the store (for Sims 2) and The Store and expansion packs for The Sims 3. And we had much more information earlier in those games regarding upcoming content.

The Marketing and Advertising department's treatment of this game so far has been less than effective in terms of sales and advertising. Believe me, if this *were* the #1 best selling game of 2014, they'd have jumped on that fact like white on rice and been trumpeting it from the housetops. Find me *one* official reference from EA that claims that The Sims 4 is the #1 best selling game of 2014, and I'll believe you.

Otherwise, all you're looking at is initial sales from the launch date and only *one* chart that lists it as #1. That doesn't translate as "the best selling PC game of 2014".

Links to EA's Official Announcement or it's not true.

Read here
    http://freeonlinegirlsforchat69.tk/2015/05/30/the-sims-4-officially-the-highest-selling-game-of-2014-despite-lukewarm-fan-reaction/

"the Entertainment Software Association just released it’s report 2015 Essential Facts which covers numerous aspects of the video game industry including sales. According to the report, The Sims 4 was the highest selling PC game of 2014. "

"it turns out we may all owe EA Games an apology."

If you bought the game then you have apologized to EA already ;)

Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »

Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

Correct because there aren't any PC-only games on this list. Your list is a multiplatform list where the sales numbers for PC versions, mobile versions and console versions of the same game are added together. The Sims 4 isn't on the list because TS4 has no version for neither consoles nor mobile devices. But TS4 is still the best selling game in 2014 if you only count PC versions of the games ;)

where is the proof? I have only seen a list that Im not sure was official someone had posted in here. All it stated was that it was EA's top selling game of 2014 and the sims 3 came in second which only goes to prove that the sims 3 in general has outsold the sims 4 since the sims 3 is still selling and 5 years old
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2015

You're wrong. The Sims 4 was listed as being the #1 best selling PC game in 2014 on *one* lousy chart, yet you continue to trumpet that fact as if it were proof that The Sims 4 was the #1 best selling game on PC across the board. Yet, other charts place it as much lower.

Keep fooling yourself. There are plenty of indicators that say The Sims 4 isn't anywhere near #1. If that were the case, we'd already have a premium store, there would have been an advance review copy, and EA wouldn't be throwing free content at us and giving us these itty bitty stuff packs to buy so they could keep making money. Much of that content could have been included in game packs or a themed expansion pack. The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 were wildly successful, and the only content we got was from the expansion packs and later the store (for Sims 2) and The Store and expansion packs for The Sims 3. And we had much more information earlier in those games regarding upcoming content.

The Marketing and Advertising department's treatment of this game so far has been less than effective in terms of sales and advertising. Believe me, if this *were* the #1 best selling game of 2014, they'd have jumped on that fact like white on rice and been trumpeting it from the housetops. Find me *one* official reference from EA that claims that The Sims 4 is the #1 best selling game of 2014, and I'll believe you.

Otherwise, all you're looking at is initial sales from the launch date and only *one* chart that lists it as #1. That doesn't translate as "the best selling PC game of 2014".

Read here
    http://freeonlinegirlsforchat69.tk/2015/05/30/the-sims-4-officially-the-highest-selling-game-of-2014-despite-lukewarm-fan-reaction/

"the Entertainment Software Association just released it’s report 2015 Essential Facts which covers numerous aspects of the video game industry including sales. According to the report, The Sims 4 was the highest selling PC game of 2014. "

Is the site "freeonlinegirlsforchat69.com" supposed to be reliable..? Lmao
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    Biggest problem with TS4 is that it wasn't in the oven long enough. If they'd started the game as an OFFLINE game from the jump TS4 would be vastly different and much better than the poo it is now, but instead they scrapped, rushed and pushed out a half-baked game with missing features in a year.

If Sims 5 is developed as an offline game from the very start, it already has a massive leg up on Sims 4
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    They should of delayed this game another year I honestly would of not cared.
    large.jpg
  • Options

Read here

No the website is not reliable but your word is. lol
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

Read here

No the website is not reliable but your word is. lol

My word?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'm enjoying 4 right now for what it is. Yes, it's limited, yes it's missing things, but I do feel like the devs have heard us and they are eagar to deliver. Really, it's in EAs hands at this point.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Guys the report is done by Entertainment Software Association. They make deep research and game industry analysis. If you check their website and download their PDF report "Industry facts 2015" you will see the chart.
    Of course those who hate the game will not tolerate even a small praise in its favor then how would you want them to accept that it became the No.1 ? :)
    http://www.theesa.com
    Post edited by halimali1980 on
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Erpe wrote: »

Madden NFL 15
    Destiny
    Grand Theft Auto 5
    Minecraft
    NBA 2K15
    Watch Dogs
    FIFA 15
    Call of Duty Ghosts

where is the proof? I have only seen a list that Im not sure was official someone had posted in here. All it stated was that it was EA's top selling game of 2014 and the sims 3 came in second which only goes to prove that the sims 3 in general has outsold the sims 4 since the sims 3 is still selling and 5 years old
    Read the report on http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ESA-Essential-Facts-2015.pdf Especially page 10 to 15.

The report is from Essential Software Association(ESA) which you can read more about on http://www.theesa.com/about-esa/ or https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Association
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,547 Member
    Really, it's in EAs hands at this point.
    :) No pressure.
    [Eyes pressure cooker meter.]

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Because The Sims 4 was a major flop and disappointment, I'm just sitting here waiting for The Sims 5. Anybody else?

There will NEVER be a TS5 - NEVER