Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    @SpidersWeb we know, many of us had hope from it early on but so far it's just a junk placeholder with no idea if it's going to amount to anything.
    naww 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I was hoping I had some kind of good news.
    At least there is a placeholder though, that means someone was thinking about it.

Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    @SpidersWeb we know, many of us had hope from it early on but so far it's just a junk placeholder with no idea if it's going to amount to anything.
    naww 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I was hoping I had some kind of good news.
    At least there is a placeholder though, that means someone was thinking about it.

It's been there since day one sadly. And as they originally promised us toddlers I'm pretty sure they added the placeholder before abandoning it.

Trust me I know, I clung onto that for ages. I'm just disappointed by their recent statements which are identical to their statements before release. I trusted they would be getting on with it, but I'm not sure that they are.
  • Options
    nightvyxennightvyxen Posts: 53 Member
    how many others how do legacy families feel as if they can't do a legacy family in sims 4 because of no toddlers or am I alone in that glum world, I doubt we see toddlers at all to be honest so may packs have already been dropped and in a few days the patio pack is due.. there is no love for toddlers in the sims 4. Will I buy said pack.. Prolly not I was hoping to see toddlers but this far in and still no answers not even a patch with them I'm losing hope.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Just to say... Sims 3 - world adventure - ambitions - late night - generations ...

Sims 4 - outdoor retreat - get to work ....

If you include the stuff packs and the background of the new world, I'm starting to see a pattern. I guess the equivalent of late night for Sims 4 will come next as a GP, and toddlers will be added just before generation as free patch and further expanded in the EP... this would mean that my favourite EP (season) will come very late ...
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I feel like Sims 4 will be a bigger money suc.k than what Sims 3 was. Yes the Store was a penny pusher but with the way that the Sims 4 is set up you're paying 10 bucks for a hot tub. At least with the store it was 10 bucks for an entire set, that or you could buy one item at a time at your leisure.

And it's crazy because sooooo many people complained about the store and how they would never use it and how they'd never spend money on the store, but then some of those same people turn around and are like "Oh my gawwwwsssshhhhh a hot tub! I must have it! Gimmie!!!" And they are willing to fork over that money on a Stuff pack/game pack that could have been bought for equal or lesser money than in the Sims 3 store, for the same amount of content.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    lucy356lucy356 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi and hugs to everyone especially @Scobre, I felt sad when I read what you're experiencing at the moment :( my thoughts are with you x

I've not commented here for a while but I always pop in to read everyones stories and see all of your pictures :)

It feels a sad time for family players with all of the new stuff happening. Toddlers have not arrived (yet)-(I still hope but at the same time I doubt that things will improve).

I don't play Sims 4 much now as I play Sims 2 and more recently (over the last 4 months) I bought Sims 3, I'm loving both so much :)

I got the new patch for Sims 4 and I like having a world that I can sort of design and make how I would like (a bit). There are some kiddy play areas but not much as far as I've experienced with regards to family play. I've not bought any EPs or gps or sps as I don't trust that the Sims 4 team or ea can provide what I'd like or need to enjoy this new Sims game.

I currently have many families in Sims 2, all amazing, I'm a bit cruel as I discovered how to change family funds to zero, now my sims have to work very hard to live without a job, sometimes living on fish, plants and dug up treasure (one of my families was keeping a treasure room with anything found worth over 200 simoleons. I became less strict as they had more children lol). Similar in my Sims 3 game too, collecting, fishing and dumpster diving. I've found Sims 4 is more fun without work and goals, I enjoy the gardening. But I don't like the baby stuck in the crib or the instant child (even though Sims 4 children are very cute). There is no real depth :(
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Hey all, Just popping in :)
    @Scobre i'm so, so sorry for you. I would be crying right there next to you if I could!
    This new stuff pack appeals to me a little more than the last one, but I still won't be parting with any of my hard-earned cash for anything Sims 4 related until we get a word on toddlers. It does baffle me that the first two stuff packs have both been party related. Seriously guys, there is more to life than partying.
    @SimGuruGraham can we expect to see some broader themes for stuff packs in the future?
    I am also disappointed that there are only two hot-tubs, and that they are both above ground. Sims 4 is sooooo limited in the options it gives us! Newcrest is a good idea, but still... 15 lots will fill up very quickly. A better idea would be for them to develop the world creation tool that everyone has been asking for.
    I do hope that whatever they're play-testing in Canada (or wherever it is) is toddlers. Pls EA, enough in enough :(
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Hey all, Just popping in :)
    @Scobre i'm so, so sorry for you. I would be crying right there next to you if I could!
    This new stuff pack appeals to me a little more than the last one, but I still won't be parting with any of my hard-earned cash for anything Sims 4 related until we get a word on toddlers. It does baffle me that the first two stuff packs have both been party related. Seriously guys, there is more to life than partying.
    @SimGuruGraham can we expect to see some broader themes for stuff packs in the future?
    I am also disappointed that there are only two hot-tubs, and that they are both above ground. Sims 4 is sooooo limited in the options it gives us! Newcrest is a good idea, but still... 15 lots will fill up very quickly. A better idea would be for them to develop the world creation tool that everyone has been asking for.
    I do hope that whatever they're play-testing in Canada (or wherever it is) is toddlers. Pls EA, enough in enough :(

@SimGuruGraham is now in charge of SPs (what wasted potential!) so he answers a lot of questions on twitter about them. Here... not so much...

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Hugs @Scobre I am so sorry to hear your bad news. It's hard to lose a pet, they really are part of your family.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    About S4 new neighborhood... I never got the update because I uninstalled about 2 weeks ago because I lost all hope that EA will ever support my play style. I'm currently playing S3 where I can bulldoze my hoods and rebuild or start fresh and create my own worlds from scratch. My only limit is my imagination.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Hey everyone. I hope all is doing well. I've been away (from the sims 4 for a while now) I am assuming there is still no word on toddlers right?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    I feel like Sims 4 will be a bigger money suc.k than what Sims 3 was. Yes the Store was a penny pusher but with the way that the Sims 4 is set up you're paying 10 bucks for a hot tub. At least with the store it was 10 bucks for an entire set, that or you could buy one item at a time at your leisure.

And it's crazy because sooooo many people complained about the store and how they would never use it and how they'd never spend money on the store, but then some of those same people turn around and are like "Oh my gawwwwsssshhhhh a hot tub! I must have it! Gimmie!!!" And they are willing to fork over that money on a Stuff pack/game pack that could have been bought for equal or lesser money than in the Sims 3 store, for the same amount of content.

You said exactly what i'm thinking sometimes. But if you say that in any other thread than this, people get extremely peeved.
    I think they just don't want to realize that they are playing right into EA's marketing of cutting things out and reselling them. I mean, how genius is this? They made twenty dollars by now per simmer (who buys those SPs) with stuff that would have brought in nothing in the base. There's unlikely a simmer around who doesn't buy the new iteration simply because of missing buffet tables, so why not take them out and resell them? Only thing that could stop this nonsense is not buying this.
    There are some people who are like "yeah, but there's also other stuff in it" and i get that, but from what i've read around the SP forum, people who normally wouldn't buy SPs are now tempted to do so just to get thise base features back.
    There's nothing wrong with being EA's milking cow as long as you realize it, admit it and learn how to sometimes run from the farmer.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I hope all is doing well. I've been away (from the sims 4 for a while now) I am assuming there is still no word on toddlers right?

You are correct! To be honest, there has been no word on anything. We actually has two Guru's on here yesterday and they completely ignored our questions (which were more that fair imo) and disappeared into the night.

Typical!

--T
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    To7m wrote: »

You are correct! To be honest, there has been no word on anything. We actually has two Guru's on here yesterday and they completely ignored our questions (which were more that fair imo) and disappeared into the night.

Typical!

--T

Thank you for the quick response. I only asked cause I noticed sims VIP showed a video of a new world. ..then I scrolled down and saw that there is a new stuff pack coming out called Patio Life or something? so I was thinking "wow, we're getting new content left and right. I wonder if there is a date on toddlers"

But yeah.... >< I'll go back to my other games and check back in a month or two hugs to all
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options

Typical!

--T

Thank you for the quick response. I only asked cause I noticed sims VIP showed a video of a new world. ..then I scrolled down and saw that there is a new stuff pack coming out called Patio Life or something? so I was thinking "wow, we're getting new content left and right. I wonder if there is a date on toddlers"

But yeah.... >< I'll go back to my other games and check back in a month or two hugs to all

Honestly! Good on you. Anybody strong enough to withstand this place is a champion is my eyes. I hope that in another couple of months when you check back Toddlers are here!

--T
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    *sigh* I moved all the retail and community lots to Newcrest, and moved in a sim to check it out. I can't tell you how dismayed I got that she couldn't just walk right into the library she was only about 25 feet away from.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    @Slyvanas nice to see you pop by lovely :) Nope no toddlers and absolutely zero word on improvements to family play :(
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    oh wow, the whole thread has a LOL-troll (or two)! And i thought it was my very personal one...
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »
    oh wow, the whole thread has a LOL-troll (or two)! And i thought it was my very personal one...

I just ignore them. Can't hurt you that way and all they are doing is gifting all of us with points ;)
  • Options

I've noticed this. Is this really a thing? Some of these comments are really insightful, why LOL it?

Downright rude if you ask me. Although as you say Spark, they're gifting us the points so... meh!

--T
  • Options

I just ignore them. Can't hurt you that way and all they are doing is gifting all of us with points ;)

It doesn't hurt me... Just funny that someone wastes his time loling all the posts XD
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

I've noticed this. Is this really a thing? Some of these comments are really insightful, why LOL it?

Downright rude if you ask me. Although as you say Spark, they're gifting us the points so... meh!

--T

You guys were asking for toddlers!! ;)

Some people are so very easily entertained!! :p
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    They can't even be bothered to post xD Someone must be very, very bored if they want to lol all the posts.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ooh, perhaps they can lol mine - I only need another 51 to get 1000 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top