Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complaints Concerning Newcrest Download and World

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Thank you for the new world and extra lots.

Let me be the first to point my disappointment, however, with the extremely limited scrolling around in this world. The limitation of the camera is extremely bad considering in the WC I can go into a lot but while in build I can scroll out and look at the public space (zoom in) and check out the world. This is not possible in the Newcrest World. I assume because the 'hoods' are so tiny and so the camera can't go any farther than the open lot. :(

2nd the patch today broke my game, thanks. When I first loaded it the game told me it was in a state that if I saved I would lose data, so I didn't save but backed out of the game to quit and restart.

Reloaded the game (fresh restart) the game told me I didn't own content, and said my game had removed 20 objects in build mode. What?

Now, I have to spend time repairing whatever the game removed from my DLC or whatever. Not sure what it felt I 'didn't own'. Since I only have Maxis free stuff in there and the EP I purchased.

Moused over my Sims homes n WC, they have missing hair and clothes. No, I don't have custom content but took that out before patching and put back in before loading and it was only for carpet recolors.

You knew it would be me that would point out things,... didn't you? :/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Its a shame that complaints are already coming in, this is a free world and nothing to complain about but, as per usual, the new patch breaks the game...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Its a shame that complaints are already coming in, this is a free world and nothing to complain about but, as per usual, the new patch breaks the game...

Oh, I can complain about the 'free world' considering they did charge premium prices for a tiny hood they call a world in the base game. But my problem is they have very strict scrolling abilities on the three little districts it's hard to even turn around in them to build anything.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I'm sorry @Cinebar
    That kinda happened to me before when I bought and downloaded Outdoor Retreat GP. At the opening menu the game told me I was missing content from previous saves and that if I continue I could mess up my game? I was like wth? Every time I tried to go to a lot the game would just bounce me back to the Town Selector page. I think it occurs when Origin doesn't properly recognize past patches or something. Because I didn't have CC or Mods at that time. I had to reinstall everything (including Origin) to get it to work. Hopefully you have a save backed up somewhere. I still haven't downloaded the patch. I don't plan to either. No Cull fix, meeoun no play, meeoun give no money. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Don't feel bad. I was fussed at for posting in thread as to why I didn't think the patch was awesome.....along with 8 or 9 others.

I patched but didn't open my game yet so I'll let you know.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited June 2015

Don't feel bad. I was fussed at for posting in thread as to why I didn't think the patch was awesome.....along with 8 or 9 others.

I patched but didn't open my game yet so I'll let you know.

I think it's because some people are just so desperate for anything. i.e. Hot Tubs. Really?! Let's be real, do people really use Hot Tubs that much?! Your sim sits in them and talks. Whoopie-Dee-Doo! Oh wait, you can WooHoo in them too. That is if I play you $10 for an item that was included in both Sims 1 & Sims 2 base games. Thanks guys, now we have 3 places to WooHoo 4 packs later. One of which is a rocket ship, that's cool, but yeah I have rocket ship sitting in my backyard too. :| Great immersion to a Life simulation there.

Now it was nice of them at the Studio to give us a new world with empty lots, but now what? Build? Just keep building is the focus of this game I guess. If I wanted that I'd just go buy HGTV Ultimate Home Design with Landscaping and Decks software. Sims is a life simulator not a build simulator. Please Sims Studio, get your priorities straight and do something about the actual gameplay.
  • Options
    And I forgot to mention this which may or may not mean anything. When I first started my game (after the patch) I wanted to see the new world but I loaded my 'saved' game like I always do, (named many different things and Save As) So I went to the world menu. I clicked on Newcrest and it took me into CAS like when you start a new game instead of it being an extension of my current save and worlds. I had to cancel that and quit and restart fresh (completely shut down and start over). Should that happen? I don't think so.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I am passing this along to the QA team to take a look. I will PM you if they need more information.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I've got a complaint. It's ugly! I've seen nicer things created by kindergartners with building blocks!

tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo2_1280.png

Nice icon, though. Too bad the city doesn't exist.

tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo1_400.png
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    where are the 15 lots? Can someone screenshot them before I even bother running the game?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Thank you for the new world and extra lots.

Let me be the first to point my disappointment, however, with the extremely limited scrolling around in this world. The limitation of the camera is extremely bad considering in the WC I can go into a lot but while in build I can scroll out and look at the public space (zoom in) and check out the world. This is not possible in the Newcrest World. I assume because the 'hoods' are so tiny and so the camera can't go any farther than the open lot. :(

2nd the patch today broke my game, thanks. When I first loaded it the game told me it was in a state that if I saved I would lose data, so I didn't save but backed out of the game to quit and restart.

Reloaded the game (fresh restart) the game told me I didn't own content, and said my game had removed 20 objects in build mode. What?

Now, I have to spend time repairing whatever the game removed from my DLC or whatever. Not sure what it felt I 'didn't own'. Since I only have Maxis free stuff in there and the EP I purchased.

Moused over my Sims homes n WC, they have missing hair and clothes. No, I don't have custom content but took that out before patching and put back in before loading and it was only for carpet recolors.

I have issues with every patch and or origin update. Before an update remove your sims 4 folder to desktop and add back the folder after you update. I did that and no issues for the first time during an update. Haven't tested out the new world but I dont play this game much.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2015
    Teresita wrote: »
    where are the 15 lots? Can someone screenshot them before I even bother running the game?

They're all in that picture. There are ones underneath the Newcrest text at the top, lined up to the road east of it. They're pretty hard to see in that pic, I didn't notice them myself at first, lol. Two of them are very tiny lots.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    I had to look really really close because the outline is hard to see but I see them now.

I thought those building blockes were lots
  • Options
    I am passing this along to the QA team to take a look. I will PM you if they need more information.

@SimGurrDrake, thank you for doing so! I got it up and running, finally the patch had removed my GTW EP and that is why I was getting the messgage it had removed 20 objects in build mode. I had to go back to Origin and 'repair' game and then I guess it checked files and reinstalled my EP. I have no idea why these patches do that sometimes, not all the time. It did that one time before with my Christmas stuff a few months ago. And oh, I figured out why some of my Sims didn't have hair and or clothes on (in their underwear) is because some were wearing the Christmas sweaters and a GTW hair do, so when the patch removed my EP and DLC I guess is why they were missing. Thank you very much For trying to help me.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    no matter what ea does nobody is ever happy try and be greatful for what they do
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    no matter what ea does nobody is ever happy try and be greatful for what they do

Ahh, yes, we should be "greatful" for them doing a halfbaked attempt at fixing a game that we've paid for.

When they refund me for TS4, then I'll be "greatful". :smile:
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member

Why should we be grateful for something that we deem mediocre, when we have seen them and know that they can do better than this? That's like saying "Hey be grateful for this flaming bag filled with poo that we left on your doorstep (or paid for in some instances) because it's what we've given you."

Sidenote: Sometimes I do miss the flaming bags of poo that you could leave in Sims 2 and Sims 3. :3
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015

So people need to be grateful if the patch is breaking their game? They can't come here to let the Gurus know?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I've got a complaint. It's ugly! I've seen nicer things created by kindergartners with building blocks!

tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo2_1280.png

Nice icon, though. Too bad the city doesn't exist.

tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo1_400.png

And is anyone else even a bit miffed that at the top where those two tiny lost are, there is all that space that nobody can do ANYTHING with?!?! All that space......
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    well it depends on what you say by breaking your game IE the patch didnt break my game?? its all in context yes people will have issues but not everybody
  • Options
    well it depends on what you say by breaking your game IE the patch didnt break my game?? its all in context yes people will have issues but not everybody

Ya know.......I think it's very nice that they did this. Many players have been asking for this. Guess what? I didn't ask for it. I might be grateful for a patch that would fix culling but I didn't get that. It's a bug that's keeping me from playing the way I want. So please don't ask someone who got something they didn't want or ask for while something that has hampered their play since last March wasn't fixed to be grateful.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    For those who can't really see the lots well, I used some of them in my game. You can see where they are here:

a0z9ts.png

There are two 20x15 lots behind the bar.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015

That is absolutely not true. I started a huge thread months and months ago to thank EA for 'giving' me the TS2 Ultima. I was shocked I was just playing one day and got an email I could have it for free. I was very appreciative because thought it was still installed and I still play for ten years, I had cracked my Seasons CD and would be lost if I had to reinstall. Now, I have it with Origin for free. The whole collection. That was really special to me. I won't have to worry about my other cd EPs but they are 'safe'.

I made a happy dance thread when we got pools and especially basements. I made joined in the Family Thread to jump up and down when they added the family tree, I was so thrilled. I may be loud and proud, but you would be aggravated to if the patch had completely wiped out the GTW EP and the DLC Christmas Stuff when you loaded your game today.

ETA: BTW< I played the careers in the GTW and the retail in that EP until I couldn't play no more, so no I do appreciate hard work and excellence. It was a fun EP to me.

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited June 2015

How does paying $60.00+ = being/sounding ungrateful? I am disappointed in what I received for said $60.
    I am confused as to why, since we have paid a company hundreds of dollars over the course of 15 yrs, we should be grateful! Think of it more like they should be very grateful to those of us who HAVE spent hundreds of dollars that went to their salary and also gave them a job. Without us there would be no Maxis or TS4!!

Who should be grateful????

I just want to add for clarification; How do companies make money? They sell a product! We buy said product. If they sell a good product we show our gratitude by pointing more customers their direction and purchasing more of their products. Hence both parties are rewarded. I am happy with my purchase and they in turn get more business.
    When the company I have dealt with for 15 years sell me (IMHO) an inferior product, compared to the previous version, at a higher AAA price. I am not going to be grateful nor am I going to promote their business.
    Gratitude goes both ways!!
    Post edited by Terrylin on
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited June 2015
    I was never one for Worlds outside of the EPs.

I started looking at Sims 3 worlds as a comparison to these worlds...like, in the store.

Honestly Newcrest makes me want to buy more Sims 3 stuff.