Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"New Worlds" Instead of Adding to Existing Worlds...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Pshh don't rant op, it's 15 lots for free. You don't have to pay anything extra.
    It comes empty too.
    Yes it don't come with the massive partially open world granite falls had but it has something.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2015
    Maybe they should have thought a little more about their game design and 'engine' before they set that arbitrary release date upon themselves. (I mean EA). Or maybe they (EA) shouldn't have thought it would be fine with that Simming bunch over there, if they took the monies for a TS4 project for the Titan Fall and Simmers are so nice they could just release anything to them and or anytime (summer, winter, fall) didn't matter they would buy it and put up with patching in content rather than wanting a fully fleshed out game and engine that can handle that 'complicated' coding and engine build.

ETA: Hm, sounds like they actually need their engineers back doesn't it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    MikeAM91 wrote: »
    I don't understand why the devs choose to add "new worlds" instead of adding neighborhoods to the existing worlds. Magnolia Promenade and now Newcrest look exactly like Willow Creek and IMO are way to small to be called a world! The game is chopped up enough with the loading screens, so why chop it up even more with these tiny copycat "worlds"!! I've seen comments by gurus stating that it is possible for them to expand the existing worlds, so this is a choice they're making. What could possibly be the reasoning behind this??
    I think that they have made the existing worlds smaller than necessary because they want to be able to add new neighborhoods with new types of buildings to them in future EPs. Newcrest I see as an appetizer for new worlds in future expansions. It doesn't have new types of buildings. So they probably didn't want to use the reserved space for new neighborhoods in the existing worlds instead.

You know I'm no longer that optimistic. What if EPs don't come with 'worlds' but just hidden lots a lot cheaper on them and players won't mind those hidden rabbit holes would they? What if all EPs for this game either don't add a new world (look at the game design) but just some hidden place you go like in the GTW careers. That is also possible.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't understand why the devs choose to add "new worlds" instead of adding neighborhoods to the existing worlds. Magnolia Promenade and now Newcrest look exactly like Willow Creek and IMO are way to small to be called a world! The game is chopped up enough with the loading screens, so why chop it up even more with these tiny copycat "worlds"!! I've seen comments by gurus stating that it is possible for them to expand the existing worlds, so this is a choice they're making. What could possibly be the reasoning behind this??
    I think that they have made the existing worlds smaller than necessary because they want to be able to add new neighborhoods with new types of buildings to them in future EPs. Newcrest I see as an appetizer for new worlds in future expansions. It doesn't have new types of buildings. So they probably didn't want to use the reserved space for new neighborhoods in the existing worlds instead.

You know I'm no longer that optimistic. What if EPs don't come with 'worlds' but just hidden lots a lot cheaper on them and players won't mind those hidden rabbit holes would they? What if all EPs for this game either don't add a new world (look at the game design) but just some hidden place you go like in the GTW careers. That is also possible.

For me, the GTW careers location were hidden because they wanted to be sure everybody had one and one only of each type. If those lots were visible on the map, that would most likely mean you would be able to modify or delete or place several hospitals, etc. Look at the Go To School Mod by Zerbu, strange things are happening when you don't have a venue with a School type. Hidden lots are more "foolproof". They are only editable with a cheat code, so you know you'll need to be careful about what you'll do, and you most likely checked what's needed for the career to still be working.

Newcrest is bigger than Magnolia Promenade, so it makes more sense to call it a world at least. I'm intrigued we haven't seen the map view yet, I wonder what it will look like.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Yes it is possible. But EA knows that people won't keep buying the GPs and EPs if they all are made in the same way like this. EA has to make some of the GPs and EPs very different or they soon won't sell very well anymore. So I am not as pessimistic as you seem to be ;)

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I really hate that they've done this again. They obviously can't come up with fool proof way to expand the existing worlds yet. Yes, we've been told it's possible and we've even been told they tried with GTW but it's obviously giving them difficulty. I'm not suggesting they should expand the worlds and we suffer the consequences if it's still a flawed system. I'm happy to wait until they've figured it out. As with most things all I really want is confirmation that they are stilll working on that and that they wont just stop trying and go with the new world system.

It's already looking ridiculous. MP is a joke. Four lots and the surrounding area looks terrible. Awful aquare buildings with not even a slight attempt at aesthetic.

I say to the gurus. I appreciate the extra space in the form of this new world, I really do but PLEASE don't give up on the idea of expanding existing ones. This is not an adequate replacement.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »

For me, the GTW careers location were hidden because they wanted to be sure everybody had one and one only of each type. If those lots were visible on the map, that would most likely mean you would be able to modify or delete or place several hospitals, etc. Look at the Go To School Mod by Zerbu, strange things are happening when you don't have a venue with a School type. Hidden lots are more "foolproof". They are only editable with a cheat code, so you know you'll need to be careful about what you'll do, and you most likely checked what's needed for the career to still be working.

Newcrest is bigger than Magnolia Promenade, so it makes more sense to call it a world at least. I'm intrigued we haven't seen the map view yet, I wonder what it will look like.

That doesn't make sense because you can alter the scientist lab lot freely without cheats. So, saying they didn't want them on the map is probably because they aren't 'real' in the sense they are able to be shown on the map since WC and others can't be expanded. The game's engine (the worlds) like WC have no road system if you haven't noticed. Where lots can be added in or taken away. Did you know right before TS4 was released they got 'Alex'? who was with Will Wright from the beginning and was over Maxis design of worlds in their Sim City games to come over here and 'fix' their world problems. This game is very much setup like a mini version of Sim City 2013 in it's mapping etc or it's 'engine' which is the world. They can't be expanded. I do belief it was never intended to be a game they could expand WC etc.
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    Meh, i prefer to have a whole new world instead of added in new neighborhoods in current existing world. I'm kinda bored with the backdrop of Willow Creek and Oasis Spring already. It's either all lush and green or dusty yellow out there.

I wouldn't mind new world with new kind of backdrop. Probably a bustling SimCity backdrop or countryside backdrop for example.

Since Newcrest is free, i'm not complaining much though...
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Am I the only one who HATES that they use backdrops in this game???...... Like I just hate them. I see all of these buildings and houses around me and in the distance and I can't do ANYTHING with them!!! All that space!!!! If only I could harness all that space for the game and make it into something else..... but I can't....... it's just sitting there. Staring at me, mocking me almost, trying to distract me into a false sense of liveliness.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »

That doesn't make sense because you can alter the scientist lab lot freely without cheats. So, saying they didn't want them on the map is probably because they aren't 'real' in the sense they are able to be shown on the map since WC and others can't be expanded. The game's engine (the worlds) like WC have no road system if you haven't noticed. Where lots can be added in or taken away. Did you know right before TS4 was released they got 'Alex'? who was with Will Wright from the beginning and was over Maxis design of worlds in their Sim City games to come over here and 'fix' their world problems. This game is very much setup like a mini version of Sim City 2013 in it's mapping etc or it's 'engine' which is the world. They can't be expanded. I do belief it was never intended to be a game they could expand WC etc.

Well they could add the other lots to Magnolia Promenade, why not do the same thing for the career lots ? I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen :)