Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP should be something like a mix of Sims 2 Night Life & Apartment Life

I would really like them to make the next expansion pack one that adds things like the ability to run your own restaurants, bowling allies, dance clubs, and a big city to live in. Apartments would make a great addition to the Sims 4, especially since we could mix them in with community lots. Maybe they could model the City after New York and have a neighborhood with four upscale apartment buildings and huge central park. The upscale apartments and penthouses located around the park could be really fancy. There could also be a poor neighborhood for sims that don't have a lot of money with some tiny, one, two and three bedroom apartments, with trash all over the place and graffiti on the walls. Bared windows would also be nice touch for the this slum.

Than they could have another neighborhood with a bowling alley, dance club, library, museum and a gym. Than they could include another neighborhood with nothing but restaurants. A fast food restaurant, a diner, and really fancy upscale dinner house, plus an empty lot where you could build your own restaurant. No need to add any new bars, ( other than the dance club ) since they already have a lot of them in the base game. The new creature could also be vampires, and hopefully they'd let us make them in CAS. I would prefer that the vampires look a little different than normal sims, with ears that are a bit pointy and large fangs. They should also allow them to turn into bats like in the Sims 2.

Celebrity and showtime stuff would be great too, but I think it would be better if they put those things in a separate expansion pack, and just focused on restaurants, night life, and the city in this one.

Comments

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    You are awesome! Bravo :)
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Thanks for the compliment @Esine
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    Give. Me. That. EXPANSION. PACK!
    I'm back!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    As long as we can see the neighbor's apartments like in TS2 :smiley: I don't expect to see super tall apartments, but something like this:

ksJHzVL.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    OP, you forgot to mention the ill-forgotten HOT TUB must be added into the Nightlife EP!
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    I would really like them to make the next expansion pack one that adds things like the ability to run your own restaurants, bowling allies, dance clubs, and a big city to live in. Apartments would make a great addition to the Sims 4, especially since we could mix them in with community lots. Maybe they could model the City after New York and have a neighborhood with four upscale apartment buildings and huge central park. The upscale apartments and penthouses located around the park could be really fancy. There could also be a poor neighborhood for sims that don't have a lot of money with some tiny, one, two and three bedroom apartments, with trash all over the place and graffiti on the walls. Bared windows would also be nice touch for the this slum.

Than they could have another neighborhood with a bowling alley, dance club, library, museum and a gym. Than they could include another neighborhood with nothing but restaurants. A fast food restaurant, a diner, and really fancy upscale dinner house, plus an empty lot where you could build your own restaurant. No need to add any new bars, ( other than the dance club ) since they already have a lot of them in the base game. The new creature could also be vampires, and hopefully they'd let us make them in CAS. I would prefer that the vampires look a little different than normal sims, with ears that are a bit pointy and large fangs. They should also allow them to turn into bats like in the Sims 2.

Celebrity and showtime stuff would be great too, but I think it would be better if they put those things in a separate expansion pack, and just focused on restaurants, night life, and the city in this one.

YES. Just... yes!!

untitled-1.png

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    As long as we can see the neighbor's apartments like in TS2 :smiley: I don't expect to see super tall apartments, but something like this:

ksJHzVL.png

Maybe we could see super tall building, but we'd only have access to one or two of the floors in those buildings. That way they could create the illusion that your sims are living inside a skyscraper.
  • Options
    klch87 wrote: »
    OP, you forgot to mention the ill-forgotten HOT TUB must be added into the Nightlife EP!

I would prefer being able to build your own jacuzzi instead.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I want a roommate system. I love living with NPCs!
  • Options
    townie1010townie1010 Posts: 104 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

having the option to live with a npc in TS4 would be amazing. what if they could patch this in?
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    > @klch87 said:
    > OP, you forgot to mention the ill-forgotten HOT TUB must be added into the Nightlife EP!

Yes, I'm desperate for hot tubs!

Personally I hope the next EP will be more family-oriented, but would definitely like to see nightlife and apartments somewhere down the line.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    @townie1010 I can totally see them patching it in.

It would also be nice to be able to rent rooms. You'd get to live in a house, but you can only edit your room in build mode. How cool would that be?
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »

Roommates would be nice, especially if they could help you pay rent.
  • Options
    Angelini55Angelini55 Posts: 64 Member
    Some great ideas here. Renting and room mates would add an interesting dimension to the game. I would like to see landlord/tenant relationships, conflict over housework, and parties that end with a trashed apartment and an eviction notice!
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    I just made a discussion about this topic myself! I would love to see apartments all implemented!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Options

ksJHzVL.png

Maybe we could see super tall building, but we'd only have access to one or two of the floors in those buildings. That way they could create the illusion that your sims are living inside a skyscraper.

@Damienf519 NO! No more illusions, no more TS3-cheap styled content nor anything like it. I don't mind apartments having a total of 4 floors not counting basements or bellow that number, I don't need super big half decorational apartments, I need apartments that actually work.

The whole point of having them in TS2 was not only the coolness factor in it but also the fact that you could visit neighbors without going through a loading screen which is what TS4 needs. So no I strongly disagree with your suggestion.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

ksJHzVL.png

@Damienf519 NO! No more illusions, no more TS3-cheap styled content nor anything like it. I don't mind apartments having a total of 4 floors not counting basements or bellow that number, I don't need super big half decorational apartments, I need apartments that actually work.

The whole point of having them in TS2 was not only the coolness factor in it but also the fact that you could visit neighbors without going through a loading screen which is what TS4 needs. So no I strongly disagree with your suggestion.

Yeah, I have to agree with Sigzy05 on this one. We know it's possible, because it's been done before! EA needs to step up and stop making excuses. It can be done and I refuse to settle for this declaration garbage.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    Whovian97 wrote: »

ksJHzVL.png

Yeah, I have to agree with Sigzy05 on this one. We know it's possible, because it's been done before! EA needs to step up and stop making excuses. It can be done and I refuse to settle for this declaration garbage.

A modder even made a hotal mod that actually works (check SimsVIP) so it's not impossible really.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Whovian97 wrote: »

ksJHzVL.png

A modder even made a hotal mod that actually works (check SimsVIP) so it's not impossible really.

Yeah I saw that on the site earlier!

P.S. I just realized that I typed "declaration" instead of 'decoration". :D
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options

ksJHzVL.png

You could have to complete access to all the apartments on whatever floors you have access to. It could be a lot like the Sims 2 apartments in sims 3 style highrise shells. I really would like tall buildings in the game, for places that are supposed to be in the middle of big cities. Besides, come to think of it, EA may end up giving us Sims 3 style apartments in the Sims 4 anyway, just to keep the frame rate and loading times down. I imagine there's a reason why EA hasn't made any neighborhoods with more than five lots on them yet. Having a lot more Sims per neighborhood could end up creating a ton of lag and players ( including myself ) wouldn't like that. Keep in mind that the Sims 4, unlike the Sims 2 has semi open worlds. Having more than twenty sims per active lot, or more than twenty sims in the public spaces could cause a lot of problems. I'd like Sims 2 style apartments, but I wouldn't be too confident that we'll get them.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

ksJHzVL.png

You could have to complete access to all the apartments on whatever floors you have access to. It could be a lot like the Sims 2 apartments in sims 3 style highrise shells. I really would like tall buildings in the game, for places that are supposed to be in the middle of big cities. Besides, come to think of it, EA may end up giving us Sims 3 style apartments in the Sims 4 anyway, just to keep the frame rate and loading times down. I imagine there's a reason why EA hasn't made any neighborhoods with more than five lots on them yet. Having a lot more Sims per neighborhood could end up creating a ton of lag and players ( including myself ) wouldn't like that. Keep in mind that the Sims 4, unlike the Sims 2 has semi open worlds. Having more than twenty sims per active lot, or more than twenty sims in the public spaces could cause a lot of problems. I'd like Sims 2 style apartments, but I wouldn't be too confident that we'll get them.

The game keeps it's 180 population regardless of how many worlds it has which means less townies wondering around and with more houses atributed to sims, which leds to less culling. It'll still be there though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1