Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of computer do you run The Sims 4 on?

Comments

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    uh .... an older off the shelf vanilla Dell, it's also the one I use for all my other games (fully loaded sims 2 & 3 {plus full s3 store}; civ4 beyond the sword, Banished, and more) B)
    win 7
    pentium dual core cpu e5700 @ 3.00 ghz 3.00ghz
    4 gb ram
    64 bit os
    intel g45/43 express chipset

I frequently find myself in envy of simmers with the really nice rigs when they post vanilla game screen shots. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    I'm so proud of my desktop. I will probably build all of my computers from now on. Eventually I will add more ram. Yes, total overkill for simming but I do play other games like Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0
    Windows 8.1 64-b

Some pictures of before and after building. I've since then added 4 more fans plus the one shown in the pictures and the 2 that came with the case.
    https://farm1.staticflickr.com/554/18293423179_cfa2574136.jpg
    https://farm1.staticflickr.com/428/17856951154_bfdf3db6ee.jpg

How do you keep your computer clean?
    It's no different than a normal tower. It even has little dust trays that pull out. The side panel has thumb screws too so getting into it is super easy. That's not a giant hole on the side, it's actually a window. lol :D
    Yup cleaning is easy.. just take the side off, grab some air and a soft paintbrush and go to town on it lol. I have a different case but cleaning is all the same. (Nothing like looking into a clean and tidy case.) ;)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Omg, people have gtx 980 :heart: Much jealous, I was even too cheap to get a 970 xD
    Lol I was just about to buy the 980..but couldn't justify the price.. got a high overclocked 970 instead.. $300 difference.. zero performance loss at 1080p
    I bought a overclocked 980 because I was already paying with credit card to build credit. I've heard there is hardly a difference between the 970 and 980 besides price.
    Not much difference at all on 1080p.
    Runs brilliantly.
    When the 970 drops in price a bit I'm going to pick up another. Then it will be awesome.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited June 2015
    I run Sims 4 on a Cuisinart Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster

Heres what it looks like

Cuisinart_Metal_Classic_4-Slice_ToasterymkStandard.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015

Heres what it looks like

That's an awesome looking pc.. very futuristic :D
    I wonder what all the buttons do. :p

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

Heres what it looks like

That's awesome. You can play the game while eating toast. Convenient.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    My 21 year old son can't understand why I need a 'good' computer to play sims. He's always saying, "Mom, its just the sims. It will run on anything." :p He just ordered the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti.
  • Options
    My 21 year old son can't understand why I need a 'good' computer to play sims. He's always saying, "Mom, its just the sims. It will run on anything." :p He just ordered the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

Haha what does he play? I want to play TS4 on that GTX 980.

I think the reason why people think that The Sims doesn't need good computers cuz they are not 'graphically advanced' games but they also tend to forget that The Sims have lots of expansion packs and an okay computer is just not gonna cut it. :P
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    I'm running my TS4 on GTX970 with 8gb RAM but i do still encounter occasional minor gameplay stuttering, especially if the household and house are big. Anyone has the same issue?

I mean i'm annoyed since i'm getting stutters even though i am running on high spec.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    klch87 wrote: »
    I'm running my TS4 on GTX970 with 8gb RAM but i do still encounter occasional minor gameplay stuttering, especially if the household and house are big. Anyone has the same issue?

I mean i'm annoyed since i'm getting stutters even though i am running on high spec.

try adding vsyc in game options
  • Options
    Im jelous ;)
    I want that card (my 970 will do lol.)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Yeah my 970 has issues running the game.. my fps will frequently drop to 40FPS when scrolling.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited June 2015

My graphics card isn't even the best and I do have some stuttering too in big houses or especially when I'm playing in Magnolia Promenade cuz the whole neighborhood is really big. Maybe it just has something to do with Nvidia.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    ASUS ROG G550JK

4th-Gen Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz
    GeForce GTX 850M 4GB
    16GB RAM
    1TB Storage
    Windows 8.1
    64-bit
    I'm back!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited June 2015
    Haiden wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    Haiden wrote: »

*snip*

Oh interesting, thanks for the tip! If it gets too easy I may up my difficulty, atm I'm level 22 so I think I may be heading there soon!

Yeah my Pc is nothing special (specs are in a post above somewhere) But its great for sims4 everything on Ultra. Im glad I stayed away from DAI for pc since my current card is a gtx 760. Truth is I'm a console boy at heart......I cant play game like DAI with a mouse and keyboard or even a controller on a pc.

(playing as a Mage.....Level 30...Masterwork Arcon Staff 234 DPS....Hakkon Armor.......lol It does not get better!

But yup...im obsessed with DAI atm. 156 Hours lol. Ts4......meh I've clocked only about 56 hours and that's with the game pack and stuff pack.

More DAI dlc coming soon though.......I cant wait :)

Me too! If you haven't played the other DA games then I suggest you do, DAO is my all time favorite game. Your PC will also be able to max them out with no issues at all! :D
  • Options
    KiyoKiyo Posts: 101 Member
    my system specs are:

Intel 3.4ghz i7 2600k
    8gb ram
    Asus gtx 590
    Asus Maximus Extreme IV
    Windows 7 ultimate

Built this a few years ago and it's still serving my well ^^ would love to upgrade soon, so currently it's saving time, the absolute WORST haha.
  • Options
    KiyoKiyo Posts: 101 Member
    I'm so proud of my desktop. I will probably build all of my computers from now on. Eventually I will add more ram. Yes, total overkill for simming but I do play other games like Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0
    Windows 8.1 64-b

Some pictures of before and after building. I've since then added 4 more fans plus the one shown in the pictures and the 2 that came with the case.
    18293423179_cfa2574136.jpg
    17856951154_bfdf3db6ee.jpg

Congrats on your superbuild! Such a rewarding feeling building your own pc from right down to the saving to final installation! Way to go :)
    I cannot wait to finish saving and buy a new one myself ^^
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    PC Desktop Antec 1100 Mid-Tower
    GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 970, 4 GB
    Monitor: Asus 24” LCD, 1920 x 1200 Resolution
    CPU: Intel® Quad Core™ i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler
    Power Supply: Thermaltake SP-1000M
    Memory: 16.00 GB RAM DDR3
    Samsung 512 GB SSD
    Western Digital 1 TB HDD
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I’ve never had lagging or crashing problems, but surprisingly, I have gotten some bugs that don’t affect everyone.

My GeForce Experience wants to keep all settings on Ultra, but since I’m not a spring chicken anymore, I have to keep lowering the settings every time it updates a driver. My poor little old eyes (and brain) can’t handle it all on Ultra. My gosh, does every single leaf always need to be moving? And for heaven’s sake, turn down that lighting! It’s funny though, because really, I’ve had to turn the reflections off since Sims 2!
  • Options
    PC Desktop Antec 1100 Mid-Tower
    GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 970, 4 GB
    Monitor: Asus 24” LCD, 1920 x 1200 Resolution
    CPU: Intel® Quad Core™ i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler
    Power Supply: Thermaltake SP-1000M
    Memory: 16.00 GB RAM DDR3
    Samsung 512 GB SSD
    Western Digital 1 TB HDD
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I’ve never had lagging or crashing problems, but surprisingly, I have gotten some bugs that don’t affect everyone.

My GeForce Experience wants to keep all settings on Ultra, but since I’m not a spring chicken anymore, I have to keep lowering the settings every time it updates a driver. My poor little old eyes (and brain) can’t handle it all on Ultra. My gosh, does every single leaf always need to be moving? And for heaven’s sake, turn down that lighting! It’s funny though, because really, I’ve had to turn the reflections off since Sims 2!

If you don't like the lighting, you can turn off post processing effects. For the moving trees, I'm sorry but the only way to turn that off is to turn on laptop mode which would make your sims look a bit different and also remove reflections on objects.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2015
    Everyone's computer is much better than mine! I'm still happy to say that my game hasn't crashed once after the free trial (having reflections on used to crash it, I suppose it was missing a patch). There have been a couple of close calls, but it has gotten itself back running :smile:
  • Options
    BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    Windows 8.1 Pro (64 Bit)
    Intel i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    NVidia GeForce GTX 780
    16 GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel RAM
    1TB 7200RPM SATA III Western Digital HD (purely for windows/utilities - got a 4TB version of same HD for games/downloads)

To be fair, I didn't buy this computer with the intention of getting Sims 4 - I built a gaming rig because my old computer was having issues with games I enjoyed (like Thief, Tropico 5, Civilization V) and I expected newer games to only make it worse...
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    Everyone's computer is much better than mine! I'm still happy to say that my game hasn't crashed once after the free trial (having reflections on used to crash it, I suppose it was missing a patch). There have been a couple of close calls, but it has gotten itself back running :smile:

Lol. I am feeling simmers here are showing off their pc specs. Nothing to boast about since TS4 was meant to be played on low spec pcs.

On the bright side, your spec have exceeded the recommended requirements :wink:
  • Options
    dariodario Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2015
    im running the sims 4 on a
    i5-4590, @ 3.3GHz with 8 GB memory installed
    on win 8.1, 64 bits
    with a GTX 760
    everything maxed out; runs smoothly
    loading times into the game and lot are about 15 seconds.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Haha what does he play? I want to play TS4 on that GTX 980.

I think the reason why people think that The Sims doesn't need good computers cuz they are not 'graphically advanced' games but they also tend to forget that The Sims have lots of expansion packs and an okay computer is just not gonna cut it. :P
    The AI needs a good computer for all that computer processing it does.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited June 2015
    It's run on two computers..
    My iMac. It's a 2011 Mountain Lion.. Updated it to Marvicks. The ram is 4gb, and I think the ghz is 2.1. Ain't sure not that. :3
    And my 2014 Windows 8.1 the ram is 8gb and ghz 2.0 :)

(I haven't played it recently on my boyfriends laptop. I'm guessing his deleted it.. xD I had some good legacies on that.)