Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or the game is just plain..boring ?

Comments

• Options
    jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    jc_16 wrote: »
    I haven't played the game like weeks ago and I've decided to play it again. I have the latest version of the game and after like 30 minutes, I've decided to stop playing it. The game is still lacking and so buggy (Sims can't turn off the TV, Sims changes jobs instead of improving their job performance.) The game is so lacking on interactions that most of my sims keeps hugging at each other. They also switch seats for no reason even though they're talking on the same sim before switching seats. And the most annoying part, is them doing random push ups. I also have gtw installed. Its fun at first but the goals is so repetitive which can lead to boredom after like 30 minutes. Outdoor retreat is the same as playing on your current house except that youre sleeping on a different place.

After I've played TS4, I've played TS3. The game is so immersive because I see other sims doing their life like getting married and having babies thanks to story progression (I've disabled Nraas to test how EA's SP works). I let my child sim go to the school and I was surprised how crowded the school was. Here's a pic for it.
    dELWiQZ.jpg

The Park is also crowded when it's on holidays (Except for Leisure day since most of them are on the beach). Other sims also invite my sims at their parties unlike TS4 (even though there's an update for that).

The devs already knows that the game is boring and to "fix" that is by having certain objectives/goals on the game to unlock more objects on buy mode

I remember how crowded my schools were. By the time everyone got inside the school day was over. :p

I had very few problems with the crowding, and even then, it was only the crowding at the university buildings. Elementary and high school, no issue.

I didn't say it was a problem. I used to find it quite amusing. Especially on the days a few horses or deer would show up.

Yep and they say (even the devs) that the sims 4 is more "Alive" than TS3 even though you'll just see the same people on the community lots in TS4.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I haven't played the game like weeks ago and I've decided to play it again. I have the latest version of the game and after like 30 minutes, I've decided to stop playing it. The game is still lacking and so buggy (Sims can't turn off the TV, Sims changes jobs instead of improving their job performance.) The game is so lacking on interactions that most of my sims keeps hugging at each other. They also switch seats for no reason even though they're talking on the same sim before switching seats. And the most annoying part, is them doing random push ups. I also have gtw installed. Its fun at first but the goals is so repetitive which can lead to boredom after like 30 minutes. Outdoor retreat is the same as playing on your current house except that youre sleeping on a different place.

After I've played TS4, I've played TS3. The game is so immersive because I see other sims doing their life like getting married and having babies thanks to story progression (I've disabled Nraas to test how EA's SP works). I let my child sim go to the school and I was surprised how crowded the school was. Here's a pic for it.
    dELWiQZ.jpg

The Park is also crowded when it's on holidays (Except for Leisure day since most of them are on the beach). Other sims also invite my sims at their parties unlike TS4 (even though there's an update for that).

The devs already knows that the game is boring and to "fix" that is by having certain objectives/goals on the game to unlock more objects on buy mode

I remember how crowded my schools were. By the time everyone got inside the school day was over. :p

I had very few problems with the crowding, and even then, it was only the crowding at the university buildings. Elementary and high school, no issue.
    I had crowding in front of a store a while ago (which was fine because not everybody was going in, I just considered it too crowdy for my taste). But I don't recognize schools being too crowdy to enter. Could that be mod related?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    @Invaderchickycat yes :( it's still happening..they are ''smarter sims'' but sometimes they are not so smart xD and it happen on bars too..you are trying to flirt with a sim and they are wasting time changing seats! ...Priorities!!

Well I think I'll just wait till that problem is fixed before getting the game I know it will drive me plum crazy.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I feel the same also. TS4's gameplay is dull, boring and extremely repetitive.
    I went back ts2 and had a blast with it. Then felt a bit confined due to the load screens. My PC was having issues do it went my repair guy and I just got it back. Reinstalled TS3 and I'm just having a blast! It's just a better game for me and I never have a lack of things to do and explore. TBH I've yet to run a resort, see mermaids or the kraken in my game and a host of other things I've really not played with.
    So it's safe to say I will not be patronizing EA for that game.
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    A tad bit off topic here, but bare with me: I never played TS2 as much as TS and TS3, but I own all EP's and SP's to it. I tried it a couple of month ago, and first thing that happened was that my sims kid got taken because of bad grades, and I really tried to make him do his homework, but there were just not enough hours every day to complete them. After that I kind a lost my interest for it, but maybe I just have to give it a go again.
    Right now I give anything a go, so I don't have to play TS4 :D
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    I really really hope the developers are listening to this and make the game more enjoyable for us. The emotions would have been so nice to reflect the sims personalities and make them feel real. Instead they made every sim feel the same, cause each emotion is coming with the same reaction and same wishes. Also they claimed it's going to be more social because of multitasking. But now that sims can talk with each other in every situation, it seems like they got rid of group activities cause they are not needed anymore. That's not true. There's almost nothing our sims can do together besides watching tv or playing chess. It's not nearly enough. I'm so sad, that the game got rid of so many base features.
    I'm glad they seem to work out some of the issues for free. Like pools, basements and now will add a free world. I'm grateful for that, but that's not the core of the games problem. Sims need a personality, which we can feel! Add unique wishes, fears, diverse lifetime goals, distinct reactions to emotions/events and memories, to tell their life time stories.
    Please Gurus, make it happen! I so desperately need this to complete my game. I go without weather and pets and stuff, if I can just have this!
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Rivers wrote: »
    I was given the Sims 4 as a gift, I didn't actually buy it as I already had the Sims 3. So now two months later, I'm just bored of it. Same things over and over, rinse lather, repeat. I thought with Get to Work maybe the game might get a bit more interesting, it sadly did not for me. Outdoor Retreat is a joke and I'm still hoping for something cool enough to happen so I don't uninstall it . The only fun part so far is the CAS, which is to be honest better than it used to be. Lately I'm finding myself running it just to try out CC and do some Sim modeling. Game-play ? not so much. The worlds just suck..they're too small and restrictive. I want cars and shopping back, I want open worlds. I want to actually feel that my Sims do have a life outside of specific settings ( house/workplace). Should I keep hoping or just go back to Sims 3 ?

OR is a joke? LOL...just lol...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited June 2015
    orlyonok wrote: »
    A tad bit off topic here, but bare with me: I never played TS2 as much as TS and TS3, but I own all EP's and SP's to it. I tried it a couple of month ago, and first thing that happened was that my sims kid got taken because of bad grades, and I really tried to make him do his homework, but there were just not enough hours every day to complete them. After that I kind a lost my interest for it, but maybe I just have to give it a go again.
    Right now I give anything a go, so I don't have to play TS4 :D

I remember way back when, when I had my first ever TS2 family and failed getting the oldest kid into private school. My first reaction was what the? screw this. At the time I had no clue that there were certain things I needed to do (and do correctly) to succeed. But it bugged me having failed. That's when I whupped out my google-fu. I found out what I was supposed to do without using any cheats and went back into the game determined to succeed. And succeed I did. ;)

The moral of this little story is never give up, never surrender. lol Once I got past the failure, I really fell in love with the game and would play it for hours on end every day.

So yeah, give it another go. I think you'll find you enjoy it. :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
    Yep and they say (even the devs) that the sims 4 is more "Alive" than TS3 even though you'll just see the same people on the community lots in TS4.

Are you guys liking my post because I've made a post that makes sense or you're just liking it because of my profile photo?
    dZEsKKm.jpg

I'm very sorry for the graphics settings. I need to lower it 'cause of a driver problem. I'll fix it later and make the graphics settings higher. I need to find that sim first though
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

dELWiQZ.jpg

I had crowding in front of a store a while ago (which was fine because not everybody was going in, I just considered it too crowdy for my taste). But I don't recognize schools being too crowdy to enter. Could that be mod related?

No, I use to have that issue as well.

I don't think the solution was to have Sims walk through each other in TS4. Even with that, I still find routing issues in my game.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Are you guys liking my post because I've made a post that makes sense or you're just liking it because of my profile photo?
    dZEsKKm.jpg

I'm very sorry for the graphics settings. I need to lower it 'cause of a driver problem. I'll fix it later and make the graphics settings higher. I need to find that sim first though
    LOL nice CC glitch. Sadly I know that one all too well when I forget to get a mesh for an outfit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

dZEsKKm.jpg

LOL nice CC glitch. Sadly I know that one all too well when I forget to get a mesh for an outfit.

What glitch? That Sim looks perfectly normal too me :#
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    What glitch? That Sim looks perfectly normal too me :#
    That's true. That Sim would make the perfect invisible woman story. I loved watching the Invisible Man growing up. Classic movie.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    The absolute worst TS3 crowding was during graduation at University. I had my Sims camp out at the door hours early so that they were one of the first to change and head into the building. Otherwise, they wouldn't graduate and they wouldn't get credit or the new trait. D:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    The absolute worst TS3 crowding was during graduation at University. I had my Sims camp out at the door hours early so that they were one of the first to change and head into the building. Otherwise, they wouldn't graduate and they wouldn't get credit or the new trait. D:
    The confusion... Why do I have rather crowded lots where others have ghost towns, and why can my sims graduate without a problem to get in where others get stuck in a crowd :|
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The confusion... Why do I have rather crowded lots where others have ghost towns, and why can my sims graduate without a problem to get in where others get stuck in a crowd :|

I guess it's like how some people can play sims3 (without mods) really well without lags and/or freezing and/or crashing, but then they have sims 4 crashing on them, while others, like me, it's vice-versa, lol, etc. ;)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

I guess it's like how some people can play sims3 (without mods) really well without lags and/or freezing and/or crashing, but then they have sims 4 crashing on them, while others, like me, it's vice-versa, lol, etc. ;)

Yeah bugs aren't universal. Same as I can say to those who go on and on about how stable TS4 is but ive had nothing but bugs-it's just the luck of the draw.
  • Options

Yeah bugs aren't universal. Same as I can say to those who go on and on about how stable TS4 is but ive had nothing but bugs-it's just the luck of the draw.
    Yeah, and it stinks when you get a bad hand. :(

And it seems that sims4 may be even buggier...or at least, sims team seems to be surprised when simmers are not happy with certain aspects, like missing family trees, lack of toddlers, culling issues, etc......
    (She/her)
  • Options

And it seems that sims4 may be even buggier...or at least, sims team seems to be surprised when simmers are not happy with certain aspects, like missing family trees, lack of toddlers, culling issues, etc......

If put up with bugs if I felt the game was worth the effort. TS4 isn't and each day where they refuse to discuss family play shows me they don't care about fixing it for people like me.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

Seems so. I used to wonder if I was playing the same game as others when TS3 was described as a buggy mess. That's not to say I never had problems with TS3 or I love everything about it, but just not to the point the game was nearly unplayable for me. I do feel bad for those who did.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

Seems so. I used to wonder if I was playing the same game as others when TS3 was described as a buggy mess. That's not to say I never had problems with TS3 or I love everything about it, but just not to the point the game was nearly unplayable for me. I do feel bad for those who did.

Me too. I fared well with TS3 and played until after TS4 released without mods.

The only way we can judge how EA with bugs is by their precedent. So far I see no difference given that the incest bug still persists as do many other day one bugs.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member

My thing is that did they ACTUALLY believe we would be okay with those things?! Like did they just sit down at a meeting and be like "Okay, how much can we take away from these games in order to give them the least bit possible and still have them like it?" And then take away all these items and give us Sims 4 and then they are actually SHOCKED that we don't like it? Did they EVER think that we would actually be happy about all the missing features? Like it really pisse.s me off thinking about it honestly. It shouldn't have been this way. This game shouldn't be this bad and this incomplete from the start and we are almost a year into it. Like what were they thinking?! The decision making of this team is in desperate need of help in my opinion and they really need to sort out their priorities.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015

For me, with mods, it depends on the world and routing/world issues. That world (forgot its name) that came with Supernatural? Runs super smooth for me. Same with Riverview and some worlds I bought from the store.

But Isla Paradiso from Island Paradise? Terrible for me, especially without mods. :s And what was worse, that was my first expansion pack for sims3, and that sadly left me with a negative early impression of sims3. I ended up learning about mods and instaling nraas mods, it was that bad for me. I don't like taking up computer space with mods.... (And the fact that I had to buy the baby bathing/changing table from the store, and to deal with the store prices and the half-baked store ofb items also ticked me off a bit. I loved having home businesses [sims2], and eat-in restaurants/diners and shopping in sims2 and sims1. )
    (She/her)
  • Options
    @SadieD123 in my opinion I think they put far too much stock into trading off the brand and our loyalty to it. Forgetting our loyalty is to the game-because of what it offers as an experience.

I don't even think they thought any of that through. They messed up with olympus and hoped they could get away with the bare minimum in the time given.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with Isla Paradiso. I think it has to do with the new mode of transportation (taxi boats) and the new underwater areas. The other worlds don't have that, so that's a ton more extra routing and coding for IP.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif