Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or the game is just plain..boring ?

Comments

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yup, it's just that boring. It's not you.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Over in the Family Play thread, I just had a sort of meltdown when I tried playing TS4 after having not played for quite a while and I got bored after actually PLAYING for a few seconds. The traits I picked for this family meant nothing, the house looked the same as every other house I make because the amount of objects that actually satisfy your Sims are so limited, and there was nothing to DO. I mean, sure, you can send your Sim outside to talk to someone, but that's ALL I can do! Go to the gym? Why? I can do everything there at my home lot. Go to the lounge? HAHAHAH. Go to the park? Again, why? Everything I can do there I can do in the tiny space that is my "neighborhood". There's no point.

It's really depressing.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    So, I only played The Sims 4 for only 3 hours Sunday, compared to the 5+ hours I would play with the previous games. I let out an exaggerated sigh and admitted to myself that I had grown bored. I'm just viewing my same mansion, the same small neighborhood, the same community lots and there aren't that many options compared to the previous games. I only feel some satisfaction from CAS. I get a lot more excitement from The Sims 2 UC.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Over in the Family Play thread, I just had a sort of meltdown when I tried playing TS4 after having not played for quite a while and I got bored after actually PLAYING for a few seconds. The traits I picked for this family meant nothing, the house looked the same as every other house I make because the amount of objects that actually satisfy your Sims are so limited, and there was nothing to DO. I mean, sure, you can send your Sim outside to talk to someone, but that's ALL I can do! Go to the gym? Why? I can do everything there at my home lot. Go to the lounge? HAHAHAH. Go to the park? Again, why? Everything I can do there I can do in the tiny space that is my "neighborhood". There's no point.

It's really depressing.

Oh, goodness! I thought I was the only one who gets bored so quickly. It takes me less than five minutes to start yawning when I try to play TS4.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

It's really depressing.

Oh, goodness! I thought I was the only one who gets bored so quickly. It takes me less than five minutes to start yawning when I try to play TS4.

For me I get stressed lol.
  • Options

It's really depressing.

I'm getting to that point, and a 10+ year simmer getting bored with a sims game ain't good.

tumblr_inline_mxoisembZc1s9yasz.gif
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

It's really depressing.

Lol. Likewise.
    I don't even make it a few seconds. I just get to the title page and go .."meh.."..
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    For me the game was boring. I began to put more and more CC in trying to fool myself that it would get fun. Oh I got different furniture options with CC, clutter delor, even had some fake pets. But when I thought about it I had to laugh at myself. I found I was watching tv, reading the forums, and looking for more CC because I was bored of the shallow gameplay.

You can make your Sims different .. yes.. but it is looks only. The traits mean nothing really. My loner Sim still wanted to meet people, she wanted to hug everyone and their trees.. She acted exactly the same as any other Sim. Then I watched closely and every sim reacts the same and shares those goofy expressions.. They are not unique.

So, here I am while cleaning out a messy CC list in Sims 3, so I can play again. I've uninstalled Sims 4 because I had to admit I wasn't being honest with myself.. I was bored to tears playing Sims 4.. This also goes for building. I kept looking for the pond tool ..
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    You can make your Sims different .. yes.. but it is looks only.
    And this is what it all comes down to. We can dress it up how we like, download "pretty" things, switch households and have babies... but in the end the core was always supposed to be the sims. It's called "The Sims", I'm not sure how maxis forgot this "minor" detail.

If the sims are all the same, their relationships (family, stranger, enemy, loved one) all the same, and their "whims" all the same... then what's the point? If the sims don't matter, nothing we do matters. This just leaves us with no sense of achievement or feeling of connection to the game, and stuck in a cycle of endless, unchanging repetition.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yeah it's boring. I find myself playing sims 3 more. I just reinstalled the sims 2 ultimate collection.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    It seems like a lot of people have taken to uninstalling the game. On the one hand, good on moving to something more substantial and fun. On the other hand, I really hope this game doesn't end up becoming another SimCity fiasco.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    My boyfriend bought me the Sims 4 for my birthday in November, and honestly, I had lots of fun with it up until last week really...
    I bought OR, GTW, and that new luxury stuff crap. Each one kept me entertained for about 3-5 days, but right now I'm terribly bored! I played for 45 minutes last night and shut it off. I hate every Sim I make or download, I hate every house I build or download, like people above me said, lather rinse repeat, its all the same no matter what you do....
    Personally, I feel I need to get VERY inebriated to enjoy this game, then I can play for hours, but sober? I think no way unfortunately, I can't get into it and enjoy myself.. Its really sad because I loved to play the Sims right after work, but now I wait a few hours after I get home, and play for a half hour before shutting it off.
    I had every Sims 1 expansion and played religiously and obsessively haha. I only had 2 and 3's base games and was really looking forward to getting into 4 and buying everything, which I'll probably still do, but I'm just bored with all of it right now....
    I started playing roller coaster tycoon 2 last night again, I had a blast.... Looks like I might be giving Sims a little break for now unfortunately. I want to play so badly, but I can't enjoy it right now.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It seems like a lot of people have taken to uninstalling the game. On the one hand, good on moving to something more substantial and fun. On the other hand, I really hope this game doesn't end up becoming another SimCity fiasco.
    If it means they'll focus on a worthy Sims 5 that would be great. I know people say that there will be no 5 when 4 flops, but it can't escape their attention a lot of disappointed people here just can't let go. That should tell them something.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    it's because our sims have nothing meaningful to do. sure there a lot of activities but most of them consist of watching the same animations reused over and over and none of them change the game play in any meaningful way. it all goes back to a lack of story progression that makes this game feel flat and fake and empty.
  • Options
    SimTovahSimTovah Posts: 7 New Member
    It's boring. The humor is immature instead of quirky, and nothing happens. I can't even get an Alien Abduction.
  • Options
    tashharttashhart Posts: 106 Member
    Zzzzzz the games boring but it can be saved. Quick EA give the people what we want and save your souls!
  • Options
    jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
    I haven't played the game like weeks ago and I've decided to play it again. I have the latest version of the game and after like 30 minutes, I've decided to stop playing it. The game is still lacking and so buggy (Sims can't turn off the TV, Sims changes jobs instead of improving their job performance.) The game is so lacking on interactions that most of my sims keeps hugging at each other. They also switch seats for no reason even though they're talking on the same sim before switching seats. And the most annoying part, is them doing random push ups. I also have gtw installed. Its fun at first but the goals is so repetitive which can lead to boredom after like 30 minutes. Outdoor retreat is the same as playing on your current house except that youre sleeping on a different place.

After I've played TS4, I've played TS3. The game is so immersive because I see other sims doing their life like getting married and having babies thanks to story progression (I've disabled Nraas to test how EA's SP works). I let my child sim go to the school and I was surprised how crowded the school was. Here's a pic for it.
    dELWiQZ.jpg

The Park is also crowded when it's on holidays (Except for Leisure day since most of them are on the beach). Other sims also invite my sims at their parties unlike TS4 (even though there's an update for that).

The devs already knows that the game is boring and to "fix" that is by having certain objectives/goals on the game to unlock more objects on buy mode

• Options
    CrystalShimmerCrystalShimmer Posts: 59 Member
    > @jc_16 said:
    > They also switch seats for no reason even though they're talking on the same sim before switching seats.

I hate when this happens, my sims are eating and i choose a new interaction and they stand up, take their plates, change seats and sit again to eat and keep talking with the same sim..it's annoying and they always do this.

It's true the game at some point gets boring because it's the same thing over and over again if you don't accomplish a new goal ...that is the time when i save the game and continue with my life...
    I'm positive that in the future the game is going to have has much interactions and new things to do like the sims 2 or 3 with all their expansion packs and that's why they are so entertaining, they offer us a lot of activities to do :)
    Just Living Life One Day At A Time
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    > @jc_16 said:
    > They also switch seats for no reason even though they're talking on the same sim before switching seats.

I hate when this happens, my sims are eating and i choose a new interaction and they stand up, take their plates, change seats and sit again to eat and keep talking with the same sim..it's annoying and they always do this.

It's true the game at some point gets boring because it's the same thing over and over again if you don't accomplish a new goal ...that is the time when i save the game and continue with my life...
    I'm positive that in the future the game is going to have has much interactions and new things to do like the sims 2 or 3 with all their expansion packs and that's why they are so entertaining, they offer us a lot of activities to do :)

I hated when they did that in the demo. So this is still an occurring problem? That's really disappointing to hear. :/
  • Options
    CrystalShimmerCrystalShimmer Posts: 59 Member
    @Invaderchickycat yes :( it's still happening..they are ''smarter sims'' but sometimes they are not so smart xD and it happen on bars too..you are trying to flirt with a sim and they are wasting time changing seats! ...Priorities!!
    Just Living Life One Day At A Time
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    jc_16 wrote: »
    I haven't played the game like weeks ago and I've decided to play it again. I have the latest version of the game and after like 30 minutes, I've decided to stop playing it. The game is still lacking and so buggy (Sims can't turn off the TV, Sims changes jobs instead of improving their job performance.) The game is so lacking on interactions that most of my sims keeps hugging at each other. They also switch seats for no reason even though they're talking on the same sim before switching seats. And the most annoying part, is them doing random push ups. I also have gtw installed. Its fun at first but the goals is so repetitive which can lead to boredom after like 30 minutes. Outdoor retreat is the same as playing on your current house except that youre sleeping on a different place.

After I've played TS4, I've played TS3. The game is so immersive because I see other sims doing their life like getting married and having babies thanks to story progression (I've disabled Nraas to test how EA's SP works). I let my child sim go to the school and I was surprised how crowded the school was. Here's a pic for it.
    dELWiQZ.jpg

The Park is also crowded when it's on holidays (Except for Leisure day since most of them are on the beach). Other sims also invite my sims at their parties unlike TS4 (even though there's an update for that).

The devs already knows that the game is boring and to "fix" that is by having certain objectives/goals on the game to unlock more objects on buy mode

I remember how crowded my schools were. By the time everyone got inside the school day was over. :p
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I rather play Sims Freeplay than Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    I rather play Sims Freeplay than Sims 4.

Ouch! :'(
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »

dELWiQZ.jpg

I remember how crowded my schools were. By the time everyone got inside the school day was over. :p

I had very few problems with the crowding, and even then, it was only the crowding at the university buildings. Elementary and high school, no issue.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »

dELWiQZ.jpg

I had very few problems with the crowding, and even then, it was only the crowding at the university buildings. Elementary and high school, no issue.

I didn't say it was a problem. I used to find it quite amusing. Especially on the days a few horses or deer would show up.