Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11 months later and still the same excuses

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @Writin_Reg if EA don't want us eventually someone will see a gap in the market and jump on it. There will even be sims fans who are developers who discuss this with their workmates and it may get us somewhere.

At this point its pretty obvious that this is the same story as SC2013. Gradually less and less communication with the forums until they release a patch to finally give people offline which they claimed all along was impossible (sound familiar?) and then disappear off the face of the earth and leave the forums to the fans to comfort one another and try to explain to newbies that SC2013 is essentially dead. But then if they communicate then people will stop investing hoping for better down the road. At this point I truly worry that they have learnt absolutely zero lessons from the SC failure and its not just the fans who suffer-its the staff and the idea. It is not fair. You couldn't get more loyal fans wanting to throw money at you-but your 'secret' vision trumps whatever the fans say they want? Ridiculous.

I love you just a little more each time I read something you say!

This is what I find the most frustrating. There are plenty of us, myself included, want to love and invest in TS4 (and don't give me that plum about it being a separate game) if only the plums at EA gave us some answers.

I would happily wait a year or two of it meant getting a product that has been thoroughly made with effort and not a team who are just there to have a 'gaming job'... Because that's all I see when I look at TS4 now.

I uninstalled it because it felt like it was tainting my laptop. I couldn't even bare to have it in there.

--T
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Sk8terblaze I think alot of it has to do with finding the right funding to back up a project like that. Again a lot of game makers don't like competing for customers. What the Collossal Games did was snatch a fanbase from EA. They had a guarantee win with already angry fans. So a city builder would be less costly to finance than a game like sims. Taking on a life simulator where developers are making virtual people requires more long term building of the game. For that they need more financial backing and probably a bigger investor. They also need to see our market still has a high demand or need for a life simulation game otherwise if there is no high demand they set themselves up for failure regardless if Ea has presented a way they can snatch the fanbase.

It's very hard to get simmers to support and organize to see if we can help out in creating that demand. Equally im surprised that no article was published by game makers yet displaying the fans want to move on from EA. I think a lot of people are still hesitant and they have hopes that Maxis would do something about the current condition of the game and invest back into building simulations. it's hard to tell because so much of what happened to simcity is happening to the sims franchise as we speak. For me to see the moves EA has made i just feel the last thing the company need is closed eyes, closed ears, and closed heart. To me that's happening, that we can't move forward. If you can't move forward and you move backward that becomes hard and trouble. It means there is no progression in damaged relationships. Without displaying a willingness to rectify the issues fans are having I don't see ever in the future the sims franchise developing a life simulator for their dollhouse fans. I feel bad for the many playstyles sims 4 has damaged and hurt, i don't think it was ea's intentions to make so many missteps and cast aside so many fans. I think the efforts they made were an attempt to at least shield some damage. However the missteps made after that were something I believe right now has caused irreversible damage to the sims 4 game itself.

If there was going to be a sims 5 production for it would have started by now. Problem i foresee is this, if they keep trying to find ways to gain fans from a ghost market the games are never going to have appeal to fans who are tired of having their game tampered with on the pc version to try and appeal to these constant outside markets that don't show any interest in the game we love. We run the risk of having video games that continue to being mediocre if they can't learn to work with more than just one type of simmer.
    Post edited by Anavastia on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @Writin_Reg if EA don't want us eventually someone will see a gap in the market and jump on it. There will even be sims fans who are developers who discuss this with their workmates and it may get us somewhere.

At this point its pretty obvious that this is the same story as SC2013. Gradually less and less communication with the forums until they release a patch to finally give people offline which they claimed all along was impossible (sound familiar?) and then disappear off the face of the earth and leave the forums to the fans to comfort one another and try to explain to newbies that SC2013 is essentially dead. But then if they communicate then people will stop investing hoping for better down the road. At this point I truly worry that they have learnt absolutely zero lessons from the SC failure and its not just the fans who suffer-its the staff and the idea. It is not fair. You couldn't get more loyal fans wanting to throw money at you-but your 'secret' vision trumps whatever the fans say they want? Ridiculous.

Yes, but some of us do not have the gift of time on our side and the ability to wait it out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes, but some of us do not have the gift of time on our side and the ability to wait it out.

I know, and we have waited long enough for them to get on with fixing the base or at least doing something to say they appreciate they've given people an awful experience and they are trying to fix it for them, not just cherry pick who you communicate with to only be those who sing your praises. There are plenty of us who have been perfectly reasonable and have valid reasoning behind why this game isn't working for us, but the moment you mention you are disappointed it's like the blame is on the person vocalising that disappointment-when none of us were responsible for creating the game.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I know, and we have waited long enough for them to get on with fixing the base or at least doing something to say they appreciate they've given people an awful experience and they are trying to fix it for them, not just cherry pick who you communicate with to only be those who sing your praises. There are plenty of us who have been perfectly reasonable and have valid reasoning behind why this game isn't working for us, but the moment you mention you are disappointed it's like the blame is on the person vocalising that disappointment-when none of us were responsible for creating the game.

Personally, I'm over finding people to blame - the fact of the matter is; for a majority of us, the game blows. Hard.

The way I see it now is they can either engage with us, the actual community that plays the game, so we are able to work towards a better base core or they continue to do what they're doing now, which is ignoring everything and chasing this 'vision' of there's, which again, blows hard.

--T

• Options
    KscSimmerKscSimmer Posts: 126 Member
    Toddlers? Yuck, keep them away EA.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    > @KscSimmer said:
    > Toddlers? Yuck, keep them away EA.

EA loves you
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    @Sk8terblaze I think alot of it has to do with finding the right funding to back up a project like that. Again a lot of game makers don't like competing for customers. What the Collossal Games did was snatch a fanbase from EA. They had a guarantee win with already angry fans. So a city builder would be less costly to finance than a game like sims. Taking on a life simulator where developers are making virtual people requires more long term building of the game. For that they need more financial backing and probably a bigger investor. They also need to see our market still has a high demand or need for a life simulation game otherwise if there is no high demand they set themselves up for failure regardless if Ea has presented a way they can snatch the fanbase.

It's very hard to get simmers to support and organize to see if we can help out in creating that demand. Equally im surprised that no article was published by game makers yet displaying the fans want to move on from EA. I think a lot of people are still hesitant and they have hopes that Maxis would do something about the current condition of the game and invest back into building simulations. it's hard to tell because so much of what happened to simcity is happening to the sims franchise as we speak. For me to see the moves EA has made i just feel the last thing the company need is closed eyes, closed ears, and closed heart. To me that's happening, that we can't move forward. If you can't move forward and you move backward that becomes hard and trouble. It means there is no progression in damaged relationships. Without displaying a willingness to rectify the issues fans are having I don't see ever in the future the sims franchise developing a life simulator for their dollhouse fans. I feel bad for the many playstyles sims 4 has damaged and hurt, i don't think it was ea's intentions to make so many missteps and cast aside so many fans. I think the efforts they made were an attempt to at least shield some damage. However the missteps made after that were something I believe right now has caused irreversible damage to the sims 4 game itself.

If there was going to be a sims 5 production for it would have started by now. Problem i foresee is this, if they keep trying to find ways to gain fans from a ghost market the games are never going to have appeal to fans who are tired of having their game tampered with on the pc version to try and appeal to these constant outside markets that don't show any interest in the game we love. We run the risk of having video games that continue to being mediocre if they can't learn to work with more than just one type of simmer.

Yeah, I definitely can see funding being a large problem with CO and a life sim competitor. If they were to use kickstarter.com to raise funds, I'm sure it'd do VERY well; I know I'd help fund it in a heartbeat, as many others would, too.

I really do wonder where EA will take The Sims on PC following TS4 after what they've done to the The Sims -- and really just the whole Sims franchise in general including SimCity. As it stands, if they were to make a new SimCity successor, they'll be approaching the arena as the under-dog, competiting with Skylines, and that is only their fault.

We can only hope the biggest comeback the franchise has ever seen is in the works right now, but as it stands, it looks like they've moved on from the franchise they've killed and are more likely working on Freeplay 2, as leaks have shown.
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    i completely uninstalled sims 4 and the characters are soul-less maker aka cas demo. i want the space back on my laptop for things i enjoy. said it before and ill repeat it forever. had it not been for the ultimate collection being given to me i would have left the franchise for good. if the sims 4 was a house it would be condemned.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I was going to suggest kick starter. I already emailed C.O. and think I will follow up with an actual letter. Got to find an address first. If it winds up at kick starter,guess what? I will match for every pack ea comes out with that doesn't include toddlers. If they come out with toddlers I will try the game again.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Its makes me laugh that EA had the whole new emotions your sims now have emotions but today my sim accidentally set there food on fire while cooking it and they just stood there emotionless :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »

Yeah, I definitely can see funding being a large problem with CO and a life sim competitor. If they were to use kickstarter.com to raise funds, I'm sure it'd do VERY well; I know I'd help fund it in a heartbeat, as many others would, too.

I really do wonder where EA will take The Sims on PC following TS4 after what they've done to the The Sims -- and really just the whole Sims franchise in general including SimCity. As it stands, if they were to make a new SimCity successor, they'll be approaching the arena as the under-dog, competiting with Skylines, and that is only their fault.

We can only hope the biggest comeback the franchise has ever seen is in the works right now, but as it stands, it looks like they've moved on from the franchise they've killed and are more likely working on Freeplay 2, as leaks have shown.

I would as well however again the issue becomes they probably need a bigger investor and equally a demonstration by fans that they would turn over and fund the game. Again they aren't pulling over achievement based players so it's not like they're getting the full onslot of players but they could make bank when they pull over the dollhousers and the ones who for many years were waiting on EA to make the sims a more advanced simulator since sims 2. So they've probably got at least 5 to 7 million fans in waiting they could pull over. You have to get them to see that interest is a lot larger and strong. As i said it's hard to construct simmers together and work at something. doesn't mean people can't try or they won't succeed. I do think it's time for us dollhousers to move on away from EA and not invest anymore.

From my understanding they're show casing the mobile game at E3 but i suspect strongly that this game is going to be show up as well at e3 in the format of a mobile app. Or a new ep that offers an ap feature. One of the two. So far i've only hears that freeplay is going to E3 this year.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    Yeah... it seems to be emptier around here isn't it? Or is it just my imagination? Maybe not so much that people aren't coming by, they just aren't coming by as often.
    Idk because I pretty much left this place with the release of GTA V for PC. :mrgreen:

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    Its makes me laugh that EA had the whole new emotions your sims now have emotions but today my sim accidentally set there food on fire while cooking it and they just stood there emotionless :/

You got a house fire?!? Luckyyy! I guess I'm a bit masochistic or can't stand that I paid $70 for nothing but I keep going back and trying. I tried to force a sim to miss the toilet on time and couldn't make her stay off! I just wanted one little true Sims moment. Was that so much to ask? EA is turning me into a sadist with this because now I want to put the whole town inside a door-less, food-less, ladder-less pool room and just watch to get a bit of my money's worth...IF that's even possible. What kind of monster are they turning me into?!? *buries head and sobs* Sounds like all it will accomplish is wasting some of my time as well as money, anyway. *sigh*
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

You got a house fire?!? Luckyyy! I guess I'm a bit masochistic or can't stand that I paid $70 for nothing but I keep going back and trying. I tried to force a sim to miss the toilet on time and couldn't make her stay off! I just wanted one little true Sims moment. Was that so much to ask? EA is turning me into a sadist with this because now I want to put the whole town inside a door-less, food-less, ladder-less pool room and just watch to get a bit of my money's worth...IF that's even possible. What kind of monster are they turning me into?!? *buries head and sobs* Sounds like all it will accomplish is wasting some of my time as well as money, anyway. *sigh*

Don't feel bad. I was never one for a lot of mods. I used a few in TS3 to alter game play but not many.....but I have been considering going to hunt down every wicked, twisted mod I can find and just wreak havoc all over the neighborhoods.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Don't feel bad. I was never one for a lot of mods. I used a few in TS3 to alter game play but not many.....but I have been considering going to hunt down every wicked, twisted mod I can find and just wreak havoc all over the neighborhoods.

RIGHT?!? I was thinking the same just the other day. They are sending us to dark, dark places.... :s

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

RIGHT?!? I was thinking the same just the other day. They are sending us to dark, dark places.... :s
    Aww nice to know the Sims 4 brings out your deviant Simmer side out too. Yeah sometimes I get annoyed with those Sims and just want to kill them anyway possible. I wish it was a bit easier to do.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Yeah I know what you mean....these Sims deserve the dark and twisted. I want to see those permanent smiles replaced!

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Yeah I know what you mean....these Sims deserve the dark and twisted. I want to see those permanent smiles replaced!

It's a shame because I do like the way the Sims look when the emotions aren't completely distorting their expressions. I hope, if there is a TS5, they'll design those Sims using TS4 as some kind of inspiration. Stylized realism is the way to go, but we could have used much more detail in the Sims.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It's a shame because I do like the way the Sims look when the emotions aren't completely distorting their expressions. I hope, if there is a TS5, they'll design those Sims using TS4 as some kind of inspiration. Stylized realism is the way to go, but we could have used much more detail in the Sims.

I made two Sims with the cheery trait and they stay fine a good bit of the time...XD..(Instead of always happy).
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I have no idea how adding these so called, "advanced emotions" basically, just a picture of your sim looking mad, or sad walkin around the house over-dramatically had priority over anything. They wanted them to look and act more real, but I feel like I'm watching some cheesy cartoon. There's no "angry face" when you're around a sim you don't like.. Like in TS2. And it's really annoying that my sims bf comes over seriously, like 3 times a day. He's always angry, it just doesn't make sense. There's no balance in the game, it's just random stuff thrown everywhere. I tend to have to FORCE myself into wanting to play it because I spent money on it... Then seeing everything about GTW, I figured maybe that'd make things more tolerable.. Nope. After getting into the detective career, spending time at the station figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing, then going to the crime scene and right away giving me a warning that work is just about done.. It's a joke. What's more sad is EA knows how loyal their fans are.. And know we are hoping that with each expansion pack may bring the redemption we've been waiting for. And they will milk that as much as they can.
  • Options
    I have no idea how adding these so called, "advanced emotions" basically, just a picture of your sim looking mad, or sad walkin around the house over-dramatically had priority over anything. They wanted them to look and act more real, but I feel like I'm watching some cheesy cartoon. There's no "angry face" when you're around a sim you don't like.. Like in TS2. And it's really annoying that my sims bf comes over seriously, like 3 times a day. He's always angry, it just doesn't make sense. There's no balance in the game, it's just random stuff thrown everywhere. I tend to have to FORCE myself into wanting to play it because I spent money on it... Then seeing everything about GTW, I figured maybe that'd make things more tolerable.. Nope. After getting into the detective career, spending time at the station figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing, then going to the crime scene and right away giving me a warning that work is just about done.. It's a joke. What's more sad is EA knows how loyal their fans are.. And know we are hoping that with each expansion pack may bring the redemption we've been waiting for. And they will milk that as much as they can.

Whelp, this cow is tapped out!

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I also think how some of the traits make an emotion randomly happen is dumb. For example, the hot-headed trait will make sims become angry at times for no reason. That's not how being hot-headed works. Being a hothead means you are easily provoked and made angry, not that you get angry out of thin air.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    I also think how some of the traits make an emotion randomly happen is dumb. For example, the hot-headed trait will make sims become angry at times for no reason. That's not how being hot-headed works. Being a hothead means you are easily provoked and made angry, not that you get angry out of thin air.

Yeah the trait system and emotions systems need work and an overhaul to where it's more simulated than a buffing system that just gives your sims an increase in stats. Like this game feels like an mmog at times and the systems really show it. I would rather the trait system be improved and branched to where they're about personality.