Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2015
    PLEASE bring back the color wheel and skin tone slider. I also wish that you had made it an open world like the Sims 3. I hate the loading screens, pretty much the only reason why my sims are always stuck inside and never go anywhere. Also, I really wish cellphones weren't mandatory and you could actually buy them. That's one thing I didn't want to carry over from the Sims 3 to the next game.

Also, I really wish you had kept those click-on faces/bobble heads or whatever you would call it when you tell your sim to do something. The menus look so empty without them and it's just not a Sims game anymore.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    We should have a way of setting conversations "private", and on dates a way of keeping the couple together. It's weird when the date wanders off or sits on a bar stool 3 or more stools away, etc
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Kaariaanne03Kaariaanne03 Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2015
    I like:

-Love the building
    -Multitasking
    -Paint from your emotions
    -The gallery
    -That npc's randomly uses the CC i've downloaded
    -Daycare haha;)
    -I LOVE the uptade system. It's so nice to get improvments in the game that way
    -The graphics

I don't like:

-I feel like the motives goes down really fast sometimes, and I don't have time to do anything other than fixing needs, and working..
    -When one sim in the household has a career, you don't have the time to play with the other sims..(especially if you want them to get promoted)
    -Not enough pretty plant's, trees, flowers etc
    -I'm don't looove the worlds. It's great in some ways, but wish I could do a little more like place lots etc
    -Some of the roofing don't "cover" the walls perfectly so it's this wierd space ..
    -The careers is fun, but you get bored really fast.. it's the same over and over
    -No toddlers? whyy.. thats just wierd..

Aaand something I reeaallyy miss from ts2 is to create my own world! omg.. i loved that, and i deeply hope we get to do that in ts4....
    Post edited by Kaariaanne03 on
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I love CAS and how lively the sims are even when I leave them to be autonomous. In it's predecessor such as TS3 I guess because of the amount of CC I had the sims would just stand around like absent minded pretty things doing nothing. However in this series the sims are beautiful, realistic and human in a way.

I don't like the fact that there is no CAS, limited world space and no CAW yet. Hopefully we get CAW soon.

I suggest they give us CAW and more ability to have the freedom to create our own worlds and environments because I am sick of The tiny boring worlds they gave us.

I love this series aside from the missing features I think it runs smoother than TS3 and the sims are much more fun and easy to play with. However the game does seem to be lacking something I just can't put my finger on.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    torianmasstorianmass Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello Everyone!

I love Sims 4 and everything about it. But today while I was playing I noticed something really strange and hopefully my fellow simmers can help me. So a few days ago my female sim was pregnant. I went to the Hospital to have the baby. I had the child and then my sims automatically went home. Well when I got home my girl sim was still big. So I was confused. I bought a crib and the option came up to deliver baby you know. So I had another child. I was like yay I had twins.

Well as I played the game and taking care of my babies I noticed that when I tired to feed both of them one had the option to feed bottle and breast feed and the other baby only had the option to bottle feed. At that point I didn't really care I just played. Well as I played my two babies aged up in the middle of the night. This is what through me off. One was white and the other was brown. I was a little confused again. One was a little chubbier and they had almost the same facial features. So I knew they were twins. The next thing I'm about to say is what I need your help with. While I was playing today I wanted the Husband to help both children with their home work. He helped the (white) daughter and when I clicked on the (black) daughter it had the three options to greet the sims like they have never met them before. So I looked at their relationship and it says that the (black) Daughter is not their daughter it is just someone that lives in their house.

So my questions for my fellow simmers and maybe the people who created this game. Is there a cheat to make that little girl their daughter or do I just have to play the game like that. Please Help!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    torianmass wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

I love Sims 4 and everything about it. But today while I was playing I noticed something really strange and hopefully my fellow simmers can help me. So a few days ago my female sim was pregnant. I went to the Hospital to have the baby. I had the child and then my sims automatically went home. Well when I got home my girl sim was still big. So I was confused. I bought a crib and the option came up to deliver baby you know. So I had another child. I was like yay I had twins.

Well as I played the game and taking care of my babies I noticed that when I tired to feed both of them one had the option to feed bottle and breast feed and the other baby only had the option to bottle feed. At that point I didn't really care I just played. Well as I played my two babies aged up in the middle of the night. This is what through me off. One was white and the other was brown. I was a little confused again. One was a little chubbier and they had almost the same facial features. So I knew they were twins. The next thing I'm about to say is what I need your help with. While I was playing today I wanted the Husband to help both children with their home work. He helped the (white) daughter and when I clicked on the (black) daughter it had the three options to greet the sims like they have never met them before. So I looked at their relationship and it says that the (black) Daughter is not their daughter it is just someone that lives in their house.

So my questions for my fellow simmers and maybe the people who created this game. Is there a cheat to make that little girl their daughter or do I just have to play the game like that. Please Help!!

What an odd bug! If you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat and then go to Manage Worlds > Manage Households, you should be able to fix the relationship there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PrincessKylieePrincessKyliee Posts: 2 New Member
    What you liked: I love the fact that sims have more emotions, that's an A+
    What you didn't like Not being able to create your own world and need to remove sims from houses in order to get more lots for new families.
    Suggestions? Free world #FreeWorld make it happen.
    Overall thoughts? I love it, it's not as laggy as the sims 3 and it could be better if we had an option to make our own worlds.
  • Options
    kylespoor94kylespoor94 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm loving the game so far but the fact that you can't have a toddler anymore takes it away. I like the idea of being able to raise a child with all the milestones achieved and see your baby grow up.
    Overall the game is really fun but the options of plots of it minimal compared to Sims three.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Can we have ringtones please? I'd like it to be easier to know whose phone is ringing.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    pinkdiamondlightpinkdiamondlight Posts: 14 New Member
    I love the sims 4 a lot, my suggestions would be a pet expansion (although I'm sure that would come out anyway), maybe toddlers however after playing the sims 4 I have gotten used to not having toddlers anymore so I don't mind that so much, but my main suggestions which could maybe even done in a patch would be to make it easier for individual sims to move out e.g. when your teen grows into an adult and you want to move them out to their own family it is very hard to do. I liked it on sims 3 where you could choose "move" on the computer then select what sims you want to move out. Also I liked on sims 3 where you could kick sims out the house
  • Options
    Fergie7818Fergie7818 Posts: 42 Member
    I hate TS4 the sims dont look as real they look plasticy and the lots are so small
  • Options
    flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited May 2015
    hello ;)

-i think they could put more hairstyles with Long hair at the game!

-more hair colours!

-and more hairstyles for the guys

oh i Forget spiral staircases would be cool too =)
  • Options
    Pris3718Pris3718 Posts: 37 Member
    I am not finding any herbs at all anywhere. There is no death flower. Still no toddlers. When the sims go on vacation, they do not really enjoy themselves. Children always have to be told to do homework and extra credit homework. They will not do it on their own. All they do is work at everything and do not have self pleasure or any money benefits or gains throughout their lifespan. Their emotions are like roller coasters too changeable. The husbands and wives do not have the same last names. Couples do not have babies on their own. They are not automatically attracted to each other enough to woohoo on their own. This makes it hard for family lineage. I like spiral staircases too. It would be nice to have Gardening and Fishing careers.
  • Options
    moonyuliangmoonyuliang Posts: 11 New Member
    Herbalism, baking, photography are the new skills in the EP and GP, but I finished the renaissance aim aspiration, I still can't write books about these skills.
    Maybe it's a bug.
  • Options
    bunnybearbunnybear Posts: 3 New Member
    Is that they should try and add bunk beds for the children?
    Have more interaction with the baby like taking it out with a pram or something.
    Having the hospital and police station on the map
    Creating coffee shop as part of the retail store.
    Being able to drive

Things I dont like:
    It takes too long to get into work
  • Options
    RoanCrousRoanCrous Posts: 113 Member
    Sims 4 is making me mad if the interface and sims are gone from my game then it say some sims 4 get to work items are removed.
  • Options
    Sims_addictSims_addict Posts: 18 New Member
    I love the Sims 4. im actually addicted already. I like the
    *Multi-tasking
    *Group chats
    *the parent Sims seem more intelligent in taking care of their babies now.
    *totally love meeting the aliens in the EP get to work
    *the sim songs are really funny

what I find pretty annoying
    *no cars, no buses, no school buses
    *no schools on the lots. if there are no school buildings on the lots and the kids go to school, where do they go then? I would really like to know.
    *why cant I just pretty much walk over to the house next door? I have to wait forever for the stupid loading screen.
    *the way the sims swim is weird. my little sister looked over my shoulder and asked why my sim is walking in the water.
    *the fact that the babies are an integral part of the bassinet. I need to carry my baby around the house. buy fancier bassinets, strollers, baby swings, and where are the toddlers? the babies just jump from being babies to being children. I miss teaching my child how to walk or how to talk. that should be brought back.
    *why cant we have funerals in the Sims? it should be in the plan an event option. I like to mourn the sims who died properly.
    *the kids no longer bring friends home. I have to take them to parks to meet new kids. whats up with that?

apart from all this the game isn't half bad. I love it.
  • Options
    > @Shaobun said:
    > Can we have ringtones please? I'd like it to be easier to know whose phone is ringing.

yes it would really nice to have individual ringtones.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > torianmass wrote: »
    >
    > Hello Everyone!
    >
    > I love Sims 4 and everything about it. But today while I was playing I noticed something really strange and hopefully my fellow simmers can help me. So a few days ago my female sim was pregnant. I went to the Hospital to have the baby. I had the child and then my sims automatically went home. Well when I got home my girl sim was still big. So I was confused. I bought a crib and the option came up to deliver baby you know. So I had another child. I was like yay I had twins.
    >
    > Well as I played the game and taking care of my babies I noticed that when I tired to feed both of them one had the option to feed bottle and breast feed and the other baby only had the option to bottle feed. At that point I didn't really care I just played. Well as I played my two babies aged up in the middle of the night. This is what through me off. One was white and the other was brown. I was a little confused again. One was a little chubbier and they had almost the same facial features. So I knew they were twins. The next thing I'm about to say is what I need your help with. While I was playing today I wanted the Husband to help both children with their home work. He helped the (white) daughter and when I clicked on the (black) daughter it had the three options to greet the sims like they have never met them before. So I looked at their relationship and it says that the (black) Daughter is not their daughter it is just someone that lives in their house.
    >
    > So my questions for my fellow simmers and maybe the people who created this game. Is there a cheat to make that little girl their daughter or do I just have to play the game like that. Please Help!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What an odd bug! If you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat and then go to Manage Worlds > Manage Households, you should be able to fix the relationship there.

should I say there was a little bit of racism displayed in there? I couldn't help laughing.
  • Options
    > @bunnybear said:
    > Is that they should try and add bunk beds for the children?
    > Have more interaction with the baby like taking it out with a pram or something.
    > Having the hospital and police station on the map
    > Creating coffee shop as part of the retail store.
    > Being able to drive
    >
    > Things I dont like:
    > It takes too long to get into work
    >

yes I would love bunk beds. for the twins. there are also no cars so until the cars come in I doubt our sims can drive.
  • Options
    > @Trimoth said:
    > I love CAS and how lively the sims are even when I leave them to be autonomous. In it's predecessor such as TS3 I guess because of the amount of CC I had the sims would just stand around like absent minded pretty things doing nothing. However in this series the sims are beautiful, realistic and human in a way.
    >
    > I don't like the fact that there is no CAS, limited world space and no CAW yet. Hopefully we get CAW soon.
    >
    > I suggest they give us CAW and more ability to have the freedom to create our own worlds and environments because I am sick of The tiny boring worlds they gave us.
    >
    > I love this series aside from the missing features I think it runs smoother than TS3 and the sims are much more fun and easy to play with. However the game does seem to be lacking something I just can't put my finger on.

I think its called pizzazz! :lol:
  • Options
    jojobe71jojobe71 Posts: 365 Member
    WOW I'm glad i have not bought the Sims 4. the reason why i seen the hand writing on the wall as to how issues with sims 3 remain unresolved. I bought bistro and the game is constantly making new Npc's to be chefs, i go through 3 to 4 chefs a day. I like the things you can do with Sims 3 but when it comes to KEY TO DETAIL, it does not hold a candle to sims 2, that is were it get weird. If they put as much work into the game as they did sims 2 they would still be selling a lot of Sims 3. MOST of the problems people have with the DEV is that they rare do what the community is asking. When they do listen packages are a success when they do not they fail. For example, who asked for Venice the last premium content. Its was on The daily deal a few weeks ago, i saw it and clicked right by it it was at 3% sold. Thing that are selling well are the amusement content, bistro, bakery all these things were suggested by the community. When they try to make up things on their own it fail but they keep doing it anyway. You always look at what people are asking for, you just do not come up with things YOU think may sell it end us being a waste of time and resources.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    In the threads that I have been reading there are a lot of Sim players (to put it as nicely as possibly which is always my goal) that would like to see some sort of update which stops or regulates the culling issue. This for us is a very disturbing issue, we love our Sim's they are our creations rather like children to us. Not to mention the fact that we value generational play. As a sandbox game we expect to be able to play multiple households as well, this is impossible if you want to keep a genealogy. :'( I believe the developers are planning something awesome, (hint cemetery hint) in the future and I am sure they see that we want this. <3

Please, please, pretty please!
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I just want to know what's going on.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Things I don't like:

The whole emotion thing is dumb and useless. I spend more time trying to appease their emotions than not.
    Also the bills! Even when things depreciate, the bills keep going UP and UP and UP!!! We have to pay thousands of simoleons now for a simple household! This is just not right! I was playing a household that had nothing, but a garden, 3 tents, a bathroom and a campfire, yet the bills were over $4000 simoleons!!! Whatever in the world are my sims paying for and why do the bills go UP instead of DOWN!!!????

I miss being able to recolor things. Now I'll have a bloated mods folder for different colors of objects. :(