Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim has red marks on her face?

This one is pretty weird - just randomly I noticed my Sim has somehow obtained some strange red marks on her face and arms. It's almost like war paint or like she's gone crazy with a Sharpie. I tried Change Appearance in the mirror but she just loads up fine there, it's only in Live mode.

My Sim is in the Doctor career, she treats patients a lot - is it possible she has caught a disease or something? If so, how can I get rid of it?

Thank you in advance
Michael

Comments

• Options
    kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    FoominSoup wrote: »
    This one is pretty weird - just randomly I noticed my Sim has somehow obtained some strange red marks on her face and arms. It's almost like war paint or like she's gone crazy with a Sharpie. I tried Change Appearance in the mirror but she just loads up fine there, it's only in Live mode.

My Sim is in the Doctor career, she treats patients a lot - is it possible she has caught a disease or something? If so, how can I get rid of it?

Thank you in advance
    Michael

She is sick. Use the computer to order medicine and take it.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    She's sick, go on the computer and by some meds.
  • Options
    SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Yes she has a disease. Any sim can get affected of certain diseases that appeared with "get to work" expansion pack.
    It should go away without doing anything actually, but to be certain order the medical bottle from your computer ;) .
  • Options
    Sikuke wrote: »
    Yes she has a disease. Any sim can get affected of certain diseases that appeared with "get to work" expansion pack.
    It should go away without doing anything actually, but to be certain order the medical bottle from your computer ;) .

I wish sims could die from diseases. That would help create compelling storytelling. Your one true love dying from TB. Or, rather... Tiger stripes!

Also, I wish they could overdose on the medicine.
  • Options
    SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    kaichen04 wrote: »

I wish sims could die from diseases. That would help create compelling storytelling. Your one true love dying from TB. Or, rather... Tiger stripes!

Diseases should have a stronger influence over Sims indeed and why not even die from them if they wouldn't get the right care/treatment. Right now it is like it doesn't exist even. Yeah they cough/scratch, have weird red marks, but to be honest it doesn't change anything, just their emotions get down for a MOMENT..
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Diseases should have a stronger influence over Sims indeed and why not even die from them if they wouldn't get the right care/treatment. Right now it is like it doesn't exist even. Yeah they cough/scratch, have weird red marks, but to be honest it doesn't change anything, just their emotions get down for a MOMENT..

I read many complained about surprise deaths, so that aspect was nerfed. Which is a shame. If your sim is sick and you choose to forgo any treatment, I suppose you are more than OK with the chance they might die.

If you choose to take several bottles of medicine in a row, you should know there might be deadly side effects.

I really wish diseases were more dangerous. The sim had to stay in bed and everything. Get a fever.

@Sikuke
  • Options
    Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    You can also have your sim drink tea or orange juice to get rid of it.
  • Options
    FoominSoupFoominSoup Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you for all the advice! I thought maybe she might be sick actually, but didn't know how to cure it and I didn't want her to die as she's just got engaged lol
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Raynic781 wrote: »
    You can also have your sim drink tea or orange juice to get rid of it.

Just like IRL!
    I am actually partly not joking, there.
    And I have ended up calling one of the diseases in-game simbola.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member

I read many complained about surprise deaths, so that aspect was nerfed. Which is a shame. If your sim is sick and you choose to forgo any treatment, I suppose you are more than OK with the chance they might die.

If you choose to take several bottles of medicine in a row, you should know there might be deadly side effects.

I really wish diseases were more dangerous. The sim had to stay in bed and everything. Get a fever.

@Sikuke

If people complained about surprise deaths then they shouldn't have nerfed it. They should have actually made the game good. Actually put effort into it for once. Do something like TS2 where the game/the sims actually tell you about it with popups and constant coughing/ sneezing/even vomiting and need constant bedrest/relaxation to get better.

They're doing the same thing with Pets unfortunately where pets seem to randomly run away for no reason. The actual reason being you missed the 2-3 second thought bubble cause you were too busy playing the game.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top