Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Answer A Question With A Question!

Comments

• Options
    HoldMyFlowerHoldMyFlower Posts: 136 Member
    Ahh, idk how I missed the link lol. I had a bottle of saffron, but it seems to have disappeared; I think my aunt got me for it hahaha. If I can't find the bottle this might have to wait to my next payday, but I'll be sure to tell you how it turns out! My mom doesn't like pork though, any ideas for subsitutions for the chorizo?
    "I like being weird. Weird is all I've got. That and my sweet style."
    - Maurice Moss
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Maybe a turkey chorizo or perhaps lamb sausage? Is there a Whole Foods or equivalent in your area?
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Idk if I'd be able to find those around here :/ We don't really have any whole food type stores in the area. The only one I can think of only sales veggies and like really expensive steak. I usually end up making most of my stuff from scratch for just that reason. Last summer I did a crash course in bread baking and this year I've been delving more into.... well everything lol. The best thing we have going for us store-wise is Wal-Mart, isn't that sad?
    - Maurice Moss
  • Options
    Yeah, that hurts. Well, the best thing I can recommend is to play with substituting the ingredients and remember that you can make paella as complicated or as simple as you want. Wal-Mart should have raw shrimp, and you may want to see if they carry beef chorizo instead of pork. Wal-Mart should also carry Arborio rice, which is a good quality short grain rice (although any short grain rice will do.) I also recommend Old Bay Garlic and Herb Seasoning for the chicken and shrimp (the last time I was at the WM here they carried it, so fingers crossed.) It isn't strong but really adds a wonderful flavor the both proteins. Hopefully you can find frozen mussels (in the shell.) Anyway, enjoy playing with your food! :) Do you know how much fun this conversation has been for me? :smiley:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
  • Options
    I have seen a few different brands of chorizo, hopefully one is beef or turkey. And Old Bay is one thing I have in spades (I have like 3 different types). The rice and mussels where there last time I went, hopefully they'll still have them when I go. I'll just play around with it like you said; the base recipe is a good one so it should be fine either way. This was fun for me too. Thank you for entertaining a budding cook's queries! Did you know how awesome you are?
    - Maurice Moss
  • Options
    :blush: Aww...thank you. And now, will you excuse me? (I have some paella to eat. :smiley:)
  • Options
    Of course :) Enjoy your meal! Anyone else wanna trade a ride to Wally World for a plate of food?
    - Maurice Moss
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    Who wouldn't want food over Wally World?
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Why are you making me hungry right now?.
  • Options
    Don't you know that's my job?
  • Options
    Do you know what?. I think you are right!.
  • Options
    Do you know I saw a real-live aardvark in person yesterday?
  • Options
    Do you have a picture of it?.
  • Options
    Wouldn't you know we were late for the animal show at the zoo and couldn't get close enough?
  • Options
    Isn't that too bad?.
  • Options
    Did you know that the trip to the zoo wasn't planned, and I could kick myself for not having my camera with me (just my phone)? :'(
  • Options
    JodiPMJodiPM Posts: 496 Member
    doesn't your phone have a camera?
    Live, love, Laugh and forget the drama queens.

• Options
    Do you know it does, but my camera has a longer lens?
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Do you know ThreadBanger on youtube did a pintrest thing on camera lenses? Wasn't it about making pretty pictures with hearts for lights and stuff?
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Did you know that this is the first I'm hearing of this ThreadBanger and now I'm their newest subscriber?
    - Maurice Moss
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    What would you do?
  • Options
    Did you know I'm not looking forward to bathing my two dogs today?
  • Options
    I-Am-Unicorn123I-Am-Unicorn123 Posts: 137 Member
    Did you know that I am a unicorn?
    oh god i really did make this account when I was 11 and it shows
  • Options
    Do you have a single spiral horn sticking out of your forehead?
  • Options
    Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    What about me? Do I have a horn on my forehead?
    thedoctor.gif