Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thought the maids not working problem was fixed with the last patch ?!?!

in the notes for the latest patch I thought they were supposed to be fixing the bug that was causing the maids to not do their job ... what the plum is this ?!?

11053633_10155608781275128_1449181295071413747_n.jpg?oh=ba9cedd79d1a2c2dd9d6084657a451cf&oe=55C7BEE1

2 seconds before this screen shot he waved goodbye and charged me $120 ... um excuse me but I think you missed something everything

:neutral:
Dear EA/Maxis,
I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
A concerned simmer

Comments

• Options
    kiwiboy18kiwiboy18 Posts: 123 Member
    Maybe try repairing the game through origin? My only problem is that the maid won't always show up, but when they do they always clean everything. Including throwing away my entire coffee machine rather than emptying it :anguished:
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    I said the same thing to myself the other day. The patch notes SAID the maid will not just stand there and not do anything - and YET that's exactly what mine does.
  • Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    MY MAIDS SUCK LETS JUST FIRE THEM ALL BYE MAIDS BYEEEEEE
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    Maid is still broken, that's that.
    The developers are trying their best to repair this recurring problem, but can't fix it. Sims 4 is coded differently, and apparently, its foundation is problematic, hence you keep seeing patch notes saying its fix, but later on find out that it isn't.

Regardless, the game will continue to be buggy, so ENJOY
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    Cricket426Cricket426 Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know what you guys are talking about they are clearly fixed I mean he has his uniform on and everything! Look, he even picked up one plate and moved it!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Aw... I thought they had it fixed after reading posts when the patch was first released. :(
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    they did fix the uniform problem from what I have seen - he does show up dressed properly but he doesn't show up every day. I thought it was a daily thing but it seems to be sporadic at best. I might just move someone into the house as a live in maid type of thing ... it's still legal if I don't pay them right ?

:smile:
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Maids do actually turn up now though, so far in my game they seem to work ok
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Just curious - those of you with the maid not working - did you happen to get the sp? For those of you with it working - did you? As I am wondering maybe the sp broke it again somehow or perhaps you had mods you put back in before they were updated for this patch as well as the sp. Most mods generally only need updating to every patch as they are patch level specific - but it seems in sims 4 there has also been issues with CC so maybe it has trouble with sp content as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Just curious - those of you with the maid not working - did you happen to get the sp? For those of you with it working - did you? As I am wondering maybe the sp broke it again somehow or perhaps you had mods you put back in before they were updated for this patch as well as the sp. Most mods generally only need updating to every patch as they are patch level specific - but it seems in sims 4 there has also been issues with CC so maybe it has trouble with sp content as well.

I do have the SP, and honestly I did't play much between getting the patch and installing the SP so maybe that is the problem??

But I don't have any CC so I know that isn't the cause... has anyone noticed the problem come back after installing the SP ?
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member
    edited May 2015
    In my game I can not even hire the maid it is already grayed out. So I decide to fire them and then hire them. When I do that I get rob of 120 and don't get my house cleaned
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Maybe we need a butler, but at least my maid doesn't steal and cleans sometimes until I became broke so you know what I had to do......motherlode cheat here we go and I was trying to play "regularly" lol
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

No SP, no CC. My maid turns up in uniform, when she feels like it then stands around staring off into space. She's an elder now too.
  • Options
    GlitzymegGlitzymeg Posts: 153 Member
    My maids got worse since the patch. Now they don't wear uniforms. They wear their everyday clothes, which is annoying.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I don't even bother with maids anymore, every time my sim goes out I'll get a notification saying that the maid has come and I've been charged, when clearly they haven't. And if I go out twice in one day, then I'll get charged for a non-existent maid twice as well. :(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    kiwiboy18 wrote: »
    . . . Including throwing away my entire coffee machine rather than emptying it :anguished:
    Well, I would just take that out of their pay! Seriously, it's hard to get good help these days.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    You should go to that maids house and leave dirty dishes everywhere and then demand to be paid for it! >:)
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Definitely still not fixed. I've taken to inviting guests over and zapping them with the Simray, they don't always clean everything, but at least they do a better job for free than the maid charges for! Given what we currently have, I don't really even mind at this point if they have to lobotomize the maids to the point they're just automatons that you can't interact with, I just want my house cleaned!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My maid works, but sometimes falls off hire so I have to go and rehire her
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think I saw the maid once or twice and all I ever get is a message telling me that my house was cleaned. Which it was not, my Sims have to go around and clean it themselves.