Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you had to pick...POLL

So this post is branching off from another thread...
I stated that we want cars toddlers and caw as a generalization...I'm know the community wants a lot more than that (service sims, npcs, etc etc or maybe not I will not speak for everyone)...

Anyways I pretty much got chewed out by a couple people saying everyone plays differently. Which is true.

But honestly honestly..it's been 7 months I think this is enough time to develop staples that should have been in the base.( I'm not a programmer so could be wrong)

Lets use the last patches and upcoming stuff pack as an example.

If you could only download one patch and buy one stuff pack which would it be?

Star Wars costumes/ luxury party stuff pack

Or

Cars patch/ town life stuff pack re-introducing a CAW

(I won't use toddlers because imo they'd never patch that )
Caw would never be introduced in a stuff pack lol but for the sake of the poll let's pretend.

I'm asking because people did say not everyone wants this...so what would be of more use to you in your game I suppose?

*****Again this is a generalization, not trying to force my opinion of what I want on anyone.*****

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am not buying the luxury pack because my game is not about YA party life. I don't care particularly about cars either. I want more family interactions and more for them to do as a group. And more places for them to go.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    The second choice...the luxury sp something's caught my eye, but it's too flashy for my taste :/ *glittery* I don't want all my male sims running around town looking like Michael Jackson in those blinged out outfits
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    neither unless they are free
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    With the Star Wars geeks that are in my house I had to have the costumes. So when the force was strong early in the month I created my second household. Star Wars theme. I love the sillyness of Sims showing up in random clothes. Kinda like the people of Walmart.....
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I am not buying the luxury pack because my game is not about YA party life. I don't care particularly about cars either. I want more family interactions and more for them to do as a group. And more places for them to go.

I know I do too...:) was just a generalization
  • Options
    neither unless they are free

The patch would essentially be free because,well, it's a patch.
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    I like to get all the stuff packs because there are always a few things in them that I want. However, I do agree that it would be nice to have more interactions with family members. After a while all the actions and animations become predictable and I find i am repeating the same story line over and over and over.

I miss toddlers and being able to walk around with the baby, or sit in a chair with it. I feel like the game was released too soon and many things are missing. Interpersonal interaction is week and needs to be enhanced more before all the stuff packs start hitting the market.
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Probaly the second option, though I'm getting luxuray as soon as it comes out
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited May 2015
    you're trying to make us choose between a stuff pack & the features of a potential EP. Obvious choice is obvious :p
    I'm ok with the next stuff pack though, I haven't looked at it yet, but with the pictures it looks like it has cool items.

EDIT: just had a look. While it has way less items in both CAS & Build modes, the price is way lower than Outdoor Retreat, so I guess it's ok. Could have been worse than that honestly.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    sidney216 wrote: »
    you're trying to make us choose between a stuff pack & the features of a potential EP. Obvious choice is obvious :p
    I'm ok with the next stuff pack though, I haven't looked at it yet, but with the pictures it looks like it has cool items.
    I'm not trying to make you do anything...
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    So this post is branching off from another thread...
    I stated that we want cars toddlers and caw as a generalization...I'm know the community wants a lot more than that (service sims, npcs, etc etc or maybe not I will not speak for everyone)...

Anyways I pretty much got chewed out by a couple people saying everyone plays differently. Which is true.

But honestly honestly..it's been 7 months I think this is enough time to develop staples that should have been in the base.( I'm not a programmer so could be wrong)

Lets use the last patches and upcoming stuff pack as an example.

If you could only download one patch and buy one stuff pack which would it be?

Star Wars costumes/ luxury party stuff pack

Or

Cars patch/ town life stuff pack re-introducing a CAW

(I won't use toddlers because imo they'd never patch that )
    Caw would never be introduced in a stuff pack lol but for the sake of the poll let's pretend.

I'm asking because people did say not everyone wants this...so what would be of more use to you in your game I suppose?

*****Again this is a generalization, not trying to force my opinion of what I want on anyone.*****

Cars and town life.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I really couldn't care less about cars in TS4. I always forgot they existed in TS3. I only ever got them after my sims had more money than I knew what to do with and I felt like putting something other than the work table in the garage, or they got one as a career reward. I am totally fine with sims living in a car free world, but I'm not a car enthusiast or anything. It won't bother me for them to be there but they are at the bottom of my wish list. I also couldn't care less about Star Wars costumes.

I am interested in the luxury stuff pack, and I'd be interested in a CAW tool, too.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    Out of only two choices I would have to go with Party Stuff pack. Never used CAW and rarely gave my sims cars.
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    Cars and town life.
    Tacky stuff pack was such a waste of resources and time. Talk about priorities
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I'll pass on the first two choices and pick that I want car patched and town life expansion pack with CAW. Sadly I'm picturing cars without toddlers and that makes me sad.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    Well this is not a CAW map so CAW would be useless as Caw makes World Builder plug in maps for Maya and this is not a CAW map period so CAW would be useless here. What ever map system they used for Sims 1 is the same as this map system - but they did not add roads to this map where Sims 1 had them - so even trying to make CAW even begin to work on this map is redundant. At least because they had roads in Sims 1 we were able to use code in the cheat command console to add residential areas to that pocket map - but as i said above they did not even do that in this map so even doing that can't happen. Also with out roads in the base construction of the map - wanting useable cars is rather futile.

So technically neither option you offer is something I would want as I know they are not possible with the way what presently exists. Seeing this is Maxis so called strong foundation for the whole series - does not look the least bit promising for family players or creators for that matter. Darn sure don't want any more party central garbage either when the game is first and foremost about the SIMs and not just about party goers as Sims - much like humans are very diverse as widely as we are - and it is a fact maybe at most a tenth of the worlds population might be interested in parties of any kind - and is not exactly on my thought wave when a game is so new - and they have yet to fulfill finishing the base game itself. The fact is many of us make ourselves and our families as Sims and Maxis seems to have forgotten this. It might have made a little sense if this sp followed either a wedding/honeymoon based ep or maybe even a college ep (Ivy league college anyone) where partying has a stronger background or at most a (ugh) celebrity type ep - but fresh out of the gate and the ep it follows is a retail ep is sort of very redundant and rather weird when this is about luxury parties. Really Maxis?

I would have to pass on either choice as neither works for me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Without an open world I think cars are essentially useless- except as what, yard jewelry and Town Stuff is what? I like the idea of CAW if it means we can place our own lots and lot sizes- I'd take that hands down BUT otherwise I'd take Star Wars and Luxury Pack.