Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good ways to display your collections ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AimForTheHeadAimForTheHead Posts: 805 Member
    @Shaobun that's awesome! I've been meaning to get around to creating displays for collectables and I totally have to snag this idea :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    If you have GTW, they have this glass tank things you can put stuff in but I takes up some space and I think you can only put 3 items in it. Not too sure though. I didn't really play around with it that much but if I'm not wrong, I could only put 3 items. Maybe you could put coffee tables near the walls.
    Or you could use the move objects cheat to 'place' them on shelves by pressing '9' to move them up.

ahh thank you the glass tank proved very useful with MOO on i could often place more than 3 items in a tank

so i made a mock up room with most collectibles ( i like to put the pictures and microscope slides and eggs elsewhere) I also added in the gnomes because why not ^^

05_11_15_1_20__pm_by_lone_onyx_stardust-d8sz384.png
    05_11_15_1_21__pm_2_by_lone_onyx_stardust-d8sz38v.png
    05_11_15_1_20__pm_3_by_lone_onyx_stardust-d8sz38g.png

Are those bookshelves in the game? I've never seen them.

The ones with the frogs? No they're cc

Okay...that's what I thought. I like them! I love your room, too. Nicely done!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    @Orangemittens has created some great mods for this. Empty bookcases that you can put stuff in, ability to put stuff on top of fridges, wall cabinets etc. Brilliant stuff. Just look for original posts by orangemittens in this thread:

http://www.sims4studio.com/board/15/custom-content-links
    Maxis needs to come out with some bookcases that are empty that you can use to put ALL types of collectibles in!! That would be a great object for the Sims 4.

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thank you @AimForTheHead :smile:
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Maxis needs to come out with some bookcases that are empty that you can use to put ALL types of collectibles in!! That would be a great object for the Sims 4.
    Absolutely! And they need to stop putting clutter on display objects (like the bakery display case - the cake boxes should be separate clutter). We need every item/storage slot we can get! I wish we could stack insects, frogs, etc too like in TS3. I loved the storage items we got in supernatural with the cupboard on the bottom so you could hold a stack of "ingredients" for spells.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    It would also be really nice to have storage solutions that behave like a Sim's inventory. It would be great to have a functional looking box to store upgrade parts, a basket for fruit and veg, rack for photos and paintings....
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    You can also stack tables using the MOO cheat.
    mkykpl.png

OK, I am trying to steal this idea, and I turned MOO on, but I can't figure out how to stack the tables. They keep trying to just merge into each other. I'm sure it is something really simple, but I need a hint, please!

(And yes, yes, I know, necro! Get over it!)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,899 Member
    What a great thread! Lots of good ideas. Like everyone else I have some collectibles stored in the basement but in no particular order or design. Think that's what I'll work on today. I found these shelves at MTS and you can store a lot on each one.

05-25-15_1-38nbspPM_zpspwcoehrb.png

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=549989
  • Options
    @Piperbird1 You need to use the "0" and "9" keys to move the tables up and down (I can't remember which is which). They don't actually stack, they just look like it :smile:
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I don't have very large collection in comparison yet, but I have a big house and I like to spread it around there on bookshelves, drawers, side tables, on the floor. They have frogs in the bedroom, easter eggs in the dining room, fossils in the living room, my sims trophies in the hallway... I'll probably have to try out MOO once I run out of space.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    @Piperbird1 You need to use the "0" and "9" keys to move the tables up and down (I can't remember which is which). They don't actually stack, they just look like it :smile:

Ugg, thank you! I NEVER would have figured that out on my own. One significantly less cluttered basement!
    05-25-15_2-02nbspPM_zpssayim6xy.png

Oh, something I did notice, though. Decorate your walls FIRST. When I tried to paint my walls after I stacked the tables, it tried to put everything that was higher than normal into my family inventory. That was going to be a huge PITA, so I just left the wall bare.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Seriously? Ugghh, thanks for letting me (and others) know @Piperbird1 I guess I've never tried to paint my walls after. I'm very boring when it comes to my walls. They never change after the room is built.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top