Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! My sims characters randomly freeze.

LishaJaeLishaJae Posts: 4 New Member
I'm only new to sims 4 and this is my first post, so I"m sorry if it's in the wrong place or not allowed or anything, feel free to delete my post if it is.
I have been searching through forums trying to find an answer to my problem, but I can't find anything that relates exactly to that I'm experiencing.

I'm finding that after about an hour of playing (real time) my Sims randomly freeze in the middle of that they're doing and just randomly stand there looking around, I can still click on everything else, move the screen, stop, start and speed up time & I can command them to do other actions which add to their time line thingy, but they continue to just stand there staring at what ever it was they were originally doing (only 1 or 2 sims at a time, not often everyone in the lot at once) I've found that If I use the testingcheats code and shift click them to 'Reset/Debug' sometimes this works and kicks them back into action, but other times they still just continue to be stuck... Sometimes they pull themselves out of it, but I've found the only thing that really works is exiting and saving the game, clicking on repair game in origin and reopening again... BUT, after a short amount of time playing they start freezing again, and with each exit and reopen, it happens quicker and more sims freezing... It's getting really annoying having to exit the game constantly.. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how to fix this?

I haven't really uses any Mods or anything, (Unless cheats and mods are all the same thing?) I've used a couple of cheats on other sim4 games like money cheats and some career promotion cheats which is when I initially starts noticing the freezing. But I've used next to none for the house/family I'm playing at the moment and the issue seems to be getting worse each time I play.

I'm currently doing the 100babies challenge and up to baby 27 already, so I REALLLY hope there is a way to fix these glitches without having to start everything over again...

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing freezing issues. There are other simmers experiencing the same issues that you are experiencing as well.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/827927/sims-get-stuck-in-time
    There have also been other threads where simmers have been experiencing the same issue.

The only suggestions that I can offer is, sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Perhaps remove some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Also try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    I hope that your freezing issue fixes itself up.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Hello! I find that this occurs every time a sim does homework although no one else has confirmed that it is the same thing in their games. If i click on the .... tab in the corner to bring drop down menu, it usually unfreezes them. It is very frustrating.
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Having the same issue and yes I do have a ton of stuff. I'd love to sell it all but I'm running into another bug, if I move someone out of the house, all my collections show nothing even when the item is still in the house. I have to put it in someone's inventory to get it to register as collected.
  • Options
    Thanks you for your replies. I have tried all of this though and still having the same issues. :(
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I have the same problem sadly :( they just like to stand there even when I try to repair my game it still does it, or when I try to reset her or him it will still happen it only happens though if they go to a bar though
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    For me, it happens when i have a full house of sims but i think it's cause i have an older macbook pro that meets the bare minimum requirements
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @yameanoda .
    Perhaps try lowering the graphics settings.
    Also, sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Perhaps remove some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
  • Options
    I found it odd that in my game I can still do everything, like change the clock speed and have other sims do things, it seems to be just one or 2 Sims that get stuck at a time, it's not often all of them at once. I can also still command them to do things and it goes onto their list of things to do they're just stuck staring at what ever was the first action they were doing and everything just banks up behind it, until I get the 'list is full' warning thingy telling me to wait until other actions are complete.. All the other posts like this I've seen people have said they can't change the clock speed or anything when they're frozen..

Oh well, I'll just keep playing and reading up to see if anyone comes up with a solution, or hopefully it's a patch thing and it'll get fixed soon.. :-\