Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this the end of sims?

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I really wonder what else in life would anyone actually see nothing wrong waiting 8 months for out of people - hmmm how would a teacher react - would they wait 8 months for you to pay attention in school, for you to settle down, for you to pass in your homework, for you to do anything? How about employers - where is there a job that even has an 8 month trial period? You are lucky if you get 30 days before they fire you for not getting with the program. How about a doctor? Would you gladly wait 8 months to see a doctor? Or anything else for that matter?

Oh right, I know you must be thinking this is not real life it is just a game - right? We should be willing to wait forever for a game? Maybe some people might be willing to wait for a long delayed game - but generally you are not fed the game by bits and pieces over 8 months - no you wait for the game to be completed. Who else but Sims players can even begin to see this as alright? Maybe the guy not minding waiting 2 hours for their meal at a restaurant - or the lady waiting hours in backed up traffic on the free way - but I think those folks are pretty darn rare and not the average person.

But hey - what do I know really - but who I am and how I feel? Even creating a real life stage in human existence only takes 9 months - and you get an entire person - maybe my bar of expectation is too high or call me jaded or something - but I find it odd an entire team of game developers cannot even make one tiny little pix elated life stage in a game after 8 months (never mind the time since they started making Sims 4).

No kidding, after 9 months, I was more than willing to call it quits.

Oh wait, this is a game; not a life. I should be willing to call it quits much sooner.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I have noticed a lot of modders on the MTS calling it quits with the Sims 4. I still think the Sims 2 had the best mods and CCs. The Sims 3 had mods that were necessary and the CC was pretty cool too. I'm really having trouble with the Sims 4 because I would stalk the MTS site constantly for the newest toddler CCs for the past two games. It was beautiful all the content that was made for that life stage.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I really wonder what else in life would anyone actually see nothing wrong waiting 8 months for out of people - hmmm how would a teacher react - would they wait 8 months for you to pay attention in school, for you to settle down, for you to pass in your homework, for you to do anything? How about employers - where is there a job that even has an 8 month trial period? You are lucky if you get 30 days before they fire you for not getting with the program. How about a doctor? Would you gladly wait 8 months to see a doctor? Or anything else for that matter?

Oh right, I know you must be thinking this is not real life it is just a game - right? We should be willing to wait forever for a game? Maybe some people might be willing to wait for a long delayed game - but generally you are not fed the game by bits and pieces over 8 months - no you wait for the game to be completed. Who else but Sims players can even begin to see this as alright? Maybe the guy not minding waiting 2 hours for their meal at a restaurant - or the lady waiting hours in backed up traffic on the free way - but I think those folks are pretty darn rare and not the average person.

But hey - what do I know really - but who I am and how I feel? Even creating a real life stage in human existence only takes 9 months - and you get an entire person - maybe my bar of expectation is too high or call me jaded or something - but I find it odd an entire team of game developers cannot even make one tiny little pix elated life stage in a game after 8 months (never mind the time since they started making Sims 4).

No kidding, after 9 months, I was more than willing to call it quits.

Oh wait, this is a game; not a life. I should be willing to call it quits much sooner.

Tell me about it!!! I never waited so long for anything - especially anything that still after 8 months has not even been said that it would be made. Guess I am the dummy for giving them the benefit of the doubt and trusting in their play on words - like them saying "there is no reason things missing can't be added...." and actually think - yeah they are listening. Yeah, all I need is a little patience.... I am really feeling the fool to be truthful.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Tell me about it!!! I never waited so long for anything - especially anything that still after 8 months has not even been said that it would be made. Guess I am the dummy for giving them the benefit of the doubt and trusting in their play on words - like them saying "there is no reason things missing can't be added...." and actually think - yeah they are listening. Yeah, all I need is a little patience.... I am really feeling the fool to be truthful.

Me too, actually. 8 months is a really long time if you really think about it. It's 4 months from a year. The math alone speaks volumes. One more month, and I could have made a real life baby. Thank god I didn't, but you know what I'm saying. I just don't understand what's wrong with me. I know I'm going through menopause, but come on! Why am I tolerating this garbage?
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    For me it is over. I can scan places and see the difference in mods/cc from Sims 2 to Sims 4. Sims 4 is very lacking in mods/cc compared to other sites. I was surprise at the bump up for Sims 2 mods/CC since Sims 4 released.

The 'lack' of says a good bit about Sims 4. There are modders quietly leaving as well CC and returning to the older games or just moving on to other games. This speaks how great this game is to other simmers besides myself. This forum is NOT the only negative feedback on Sims 4. I do not need sales to tell me this game is not doing well. The internet and some research on the subject of Sims 4 will show you there is more negative than praise. Even in some forums of different games Sims 4 and SimCity (New One) are used to describe a flop/fail game. Or if a developer/s says they want this the gamers will say that the game will fail like Sims 4 (To note I've only seen 3 but fiancé says he hears it at his job when people talk about other games and the developers ideas for said games).

Can they save it? Don't know. WoW saved itself when it went down on their subs (I am talking games not genre). Elder Scrolls Online not a legend like WoW but it did save itself. They began to listen to their fans. At this point maybe it can be saved for some fans and keep the fans that think this is greatest of the series.. but that takes work on EA/Maxis side.. NOT the fans.

Can it be saved for me? I seriously doubt it. They alienated a good many of their long time fans (I am one). They would rather socialize on social sites than their own fans. They took the life out of the stimulator. They cut so much and forced rpg in the game and it isn't even well thought out rpg. They say to me play my way instead of letting me play my way. A expansion and GP down 8 months down the road and there still isn't much Sims can do. The replay value is sad. The play is SAD.

Sigh.... I know. Hence why my butt is on the forums instead of playing my $120 investment (base game/GP/EP)
    I just wanted to create a bit of humor around the fact that this sequel is falling short. It's depressing how I don't have the drive to play anymore.. I look at my little family tree with its 3 generations of silhouettes ...look at all the cars driving while my Sim is walking everywhere...endless loading screens... >_> It's really depressing for me I just immediately log off.
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »
    For me it is over. I can scan places and see the difference in mods/cc from Sims 2 to Sims 4. Sims 4 is very lacking in mods/cc compared to other sites. I was surprise at the bump up for Sims 2 mods/CC since Sims 4 released.

The 'lack' of says a good bit about Sims 4. There are modders quietly leaving as well CC and returning to the older games or just moving on to other games. This speaks how great this game is to other simmers besides myself. This forum is NOT the only negative feedback on Sims 4. I do not need sales to tell me this game is not doing well. The internet and some research on the subject of Sims 4 will show you there is more negative than praise. Even in some forums of different games Sims 4 and SimCity (New One) are used to describe a flop/fail game. Or if a developer/s says they want this the gamers will say that the game will fail like Sims 4 (To note I've only seen 3 but fiancé says he hears it at his job when people talk about other games and the developers ideas for said games).

Can they save it? Don't know. WoW saved itself when it went down on their subs (I am talking games not genre). Elder Scrolls Online not a legend like WoW but it did save itself. They began to listen to their fans. At this point maybe it can be saved for some fans and keep the fans that think this is greatest of the series.. but that takes work on EA/Maxis side.. NOT the fans.

Can it be saved for me? I seriously doubt it. They alienated a good many of their long time fans (I am one). They would rather socialize on social sites than their own fans. They took the life out of the stimulator. They cut so much and forced rpg in the game and it isn't even well thought out rpg. They say to me play my way instead of letting me play my way. A expansion and GP down 8 months down the road and there still isn't much Sims can do. The replay value is sad. The play is SAD.

Sigh.... I know. Hence why my butt is on the forums instead of playing my $120 investment (base game/GP/EP)
    I just wanted to create a bit of humor around the fact that this sequel is falling short. It's depressing how I don't have the drive to play anymore.. I look at my little family tree with its 3 generations of silhouettes ...look at all the cars driving while my Sim is walking everywhere...endless loading screens... >_> It's really depressing for me I just immediately log off.

That's what we're here for hun. It's the 24-hour support group. None of us really knows what's wrong with us, but we're trying to figure it out.
  • Options

That's what we're here for hun. It's the 24-hour support group. None of us really knows what's wrong with us, but we're trying to figure it out.

Lol. I look like Konan (the character in my signature) when I play the Sims 4....
  • Options
    Lol. I look like Konan (the character in my signature) when I play the Sims 4....

Is that Mandarin? What does it mean to you?
  • Options
    Yes, it means Thank You : ]
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/832217/random-thought-sigh#latest

So you do this

And then make this thread?

Usually I'd give my two cents but I am pretty sure I'm missing something, so I'll just leave this here.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, it means Thank You : ]

Nice. I love learning about different languages.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    You seemed to know when you claimed it was doing well in terms of sales. *shrug*

We do have some numbers from NPD and various PAL charts. Based on that the game is doing quite well, especially when considering many people buy PC games digitally these days.

Example: the game sold just under 200k physical copies in Germany alone in 2014.
    There have been plenty of articles that have spelled out that the game did not hit it's mark.

Most of these articles are based on fake numbers such as the ones from VGChartz.
    as @drake_mccarty told you read pretty wrong the game which sold 200k was watch dog and above, sims sold 100k and the game which sold 500k was fifa 2015, learn how to proper "read the things" before make claims please.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/832217/random-thought-sigh#latest

So you do this

And then make this thread?

Usually I'd give my two cents but I am pretty sure I'm missing something, so I'll just leave this here.
    This isn't a complaint thread I see that alot of people are angry and I'm curious if they think the game will last. Also I never said complaints are bad only when it gets increasingly repetitive.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Well if the forums would ban/jail/hate anyone who points out the flaws of The Sims 4.
    Then yes. This is the herald of the end of The Sims Saga.
    and such a tragic end it is.
  • Options
    Dariu wrote: »
    Well if the forums would ban/jail/hate anyone who points out the flaws of The Sims 4.

What the frell? You weren't jailed like 15 minutes ago. What is it with you!?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Yes it is but hopefully the creators of skylines will come to our rescue, they are considering it so yay!
  • Options

I simply voice out my hurt feelings that a simmer that said racist things to me (as an asian)
    didnt get jailed/punished/banned
    and.. y'know. i get thrown in the slammer. guess maybe since she's caucasian i have no right to complain about it.

but lets get back on topic.
    Yes I still feel the sims is declining.
    and I just bought get to work. im enjoying it.
    but the magic is gone.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Yes it is but hopefully the creators of skylines will come to our rescue, they are considering it so yay!

Ooh. I know nothing. What are they considering? Do tell...

*inches closer* -- *creepily so*
  • Options

I simply voice out my hurt feelings that a simmer that said racist things to me (as an asian)
    didnt get jailed/punished/banned
    and.. y'know. i get thrown in the slammer. guess maybe since she's caucasian i have no right to complain about it.

but lets get back on topic.
    Yes I still feel the sims is declining.
    and I just bought get to work. im enjoying it.
    but the magic is gone.

Fair enough. The magic is gone. I can agree with that.
  • Options
    @Dairu I'm sorry to hear that. : (
    But yeah. That's a good way to put it. The "magic" is gone. : \
  • Options
    @Dairu I'm sorry to hear that. : (
    But yeah. That's a good way to put it. The "magic" is gone. : \

[Queue Funeral Song for The Sims' Magic]
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Yeah - they first said they were , but changed that tune and said they weren't after all. It doesn't matter - they are an EA partner anyway - they are selling some of their games through Origin even - and I feel the only way they will change their mind again is when Maxis gives it up for the most part and EA gives them the green light. EA wins no matter what.

But I would gladly give them my money if we got anything close to Sims 2 and Sims 3 combined with all the life stages intact and not objects. So I do hope they rethink the idea again... I also wonder why they suddenly changed their mind too.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @meeoun @Dariu This is what happened to the Sims 4 magic, as @dmel25 so eloquently put it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @meeoun @Dariu This is what happened to the Sims 4 magic, as @dmel25 so eloquently put it.

Psst. showing any form of weapon be it a toy or real is an offence that can lead to a warning or worse (same with visible blood be it real or fake). remove the link
    D:
    I'm giving you a heads up before anyone punish/report you for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Psst. showing any form of weapon be it a toy or real is an offence that can lead to a warning or worse (same with visible blood be it real or fake). remove the link
    D:
    I'm giving you a heads up before anyone punish/report you for it.

Oh. It's not real. No real people were hurt in the shooting of this film. Plus, they're all white. :o