Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

elements not coming back in the mail

Pretty sure this started after the latest patch. I send metals and crystals off, and the elements take either a very long time to return or never come. Also, it used to cost 20 simoleans to send the metals/crystals off, but now nothing. What's up with this?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Also, when I get the message I have found all the eggs (that's a lot of different homes) they no longer get any mail at all since the last patch for GTW. No more bills. Other Sims continue to get their bills but those who get a message never get the bunny and no longer receive bills.

And to add to this subject, so I don't spam with too many threads, why does the maid charge me every time I come and go from the lot (still not clean) or return or even enter CAS on the lot and go back to live play? Double, triple dipping.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I got all the eggs but did not get the bunny in the mail. However, I still get my bills. Have not sent anything to geo council in awhile, so I can't address that. I have read that you can solve this problem by replacing the mailbox, or by resetting it, or by sending for a pen pal. The mailbox replacement seems to be getting good mileage, so if I were in that situation, I'd try that one.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've seen people say the bunny turns up in their buy catalogue.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Yes, I did find the bunny unlocked in the kids plush toy section, and I bought it (it wasn't really all that special), but I think some people got it by mail. I may have deluded myself on that one, though, because I had always expected it to come by mail.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I thought you got a free bunny by mail plus it unlocks to buy additional ones.

I've heard that if you have a Sim in an active career and follow him/her to work when the mail is due that glitches getting anything in the mail other than bills. I haven't sent anything to Geo Council in a while either (since I finished the elements collection some time ago), but I could see if I can start the postcard collection finally.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    I see that I am not alone. Thanks all!
  • Options
    The changing the mailbox worked briefly, then again no elements
    . Oh well.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The thing is to get a new mailbox and not travel to any other lot until your mail has arrived. I think you have to get a new mailbox everytime after a loading screen, good thing they cost nothing ;). Unless of course you don't necessarily want to recieve any mail, then just wait until you do want it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    New one each time, eh? Thanks-that's lot of mailboxes...