Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doctor not in his lab coat

I have a doctor that is now level 7 General Practiconer and when he got promoted it said that he received new clothes only his clothes haven't changed. He's still in his nurses scrubs with that weird hat and gloves. Really it's not that big a deal but I do want to see my doctor in his lab coat, is there any way to change his work outfit so he will go into wearing his coat?
I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,649 Member
    Hmm, try to wait till he gets promoted one more level. I haven't played till that level yet but for some of the other careers, even when they said you get new CAS parts, they still won't change until the get promoted one more time. So it could be that, but I can't guarantee it cuz I haven't played that far.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    I'm having the same problem. He's promoted to GP and has been at the level for some time (because I can't seem to find 3 patients that need surgery!), but he's still in scrubs.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    My sims don't change into their new career clothes after getting promoted either. :'(
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    neonhorn22 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. He's promoted to GP and has been at the level for some time (because I can't seem to find 3 patients that need surgery!), but he's still in scrubs.

Glad to see I'm not the only one still stuck on GP I managed to find two sims who needed surgery but then after that everytime I went to work with him if he had to analyze a sample or do an x-Ray or treadmill test it would all just suddenly break and then he kept getting inclusive evidence and ineffective treatments from wrong diagnoses. It's annoying I want to see if what people are saying that he'll finally change into his lab coat and out of those scrubs.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey, you will get his new white lab coat when he/she is promoted next time. However, it is ulocked in CAS and you can wear it everyday.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,649 Member
    Yeah, my sim just got to level 7 and he's still wearing the previous outfit. I guess it's just the way it is. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited May 2015
    Your sim will get to wear the lab coat on lvl 8. As for the surgeries, it took my sim more than a simweek to get that promotion. I think I replayed a few days (saving before you leave for work and if nothing good comes up, exit and reload). Especially with all the days off you have, it's not a bad tactic.

More tips:
    - You can't perform surgery on kids, so leave them to deal with later.
    - Sometimes, sims that you've examined before return the next day, get started on those, you can often diagnose them faster.
    - If you're able to diagnose, but still don't know which disease it is, look for the icons in front of them, they let you know whether the disease is treated by medicine, injection or surgery. If surgery is not an option, you might want to consider working on another patient.
    - Don't worry too much about your general performance (if it isn't already maxed), just do one house call and you're there.

Hope this helps :).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    @MDianaSanders Wow thankyou so much for all that information. It was actually helpful :) Glad to know its not a bug and he will go into his lab coat at level 8. I really appreciate it.