Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Sims 4 So Expensive

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    NoniohyeaNoniohyea Posts: 922 Member
    edited July 2014
    Haha I'm not buying it until after a year or so when the prices drop. I'd rather put 60$ of gas in my car. College budget yo :lol:
  • Options
    TPR_FAN123TPR_FAN123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I basically just save money from my parents if I help around the house :)
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Lol thread revival
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    shewolf51 wrote: »
    shewolf51 wrote:
    It doesn't seem to be any more expensive than any other new Triple A game out there. On Origin (NA version, at least) it's $60 for the standard edition. To buy the disk in store it is more expensive ($70) but that was the same price at my local EB Games/Gamestop for iNFamous: Second Son.

Obviously not all games are more expensive now but I think this is probably going to be a trend as production costs for major titles goes up.

If the quality of the games price tag, then there'd be no issues.

I definitely agree. However, that's just not how it works and, unfortunately, I doubt it ever will. There are plenty of games out there that are not worth $60 and yet that's the price they are upon release.

*Cough* Destiny.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    edited May 2015
    A game is worth what people will pay for it. Did you buy the Sims4 already? Then it's a fair price. Otherwise I could make the same argument for anything, cars, real estate, gold.

It's ridiculous that my Toyota made mostly of aluminum should cost $17000 when a car could be bought for less than $1000 back in the 1950's. Why don't you guys go into your local dealership and complain about car prices and see what happens.

However $1000 was roughly $17000 in the 1950s. Reganomics caused the inflation.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    You know why lol

tumblr_mt9y36Gp7l1qfbsl5o2_400.gif
  • Options
    SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    Because EA.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    all games today are too expensive, so it is said...Nintendo 64 games were 60 bucks 20 years ago, so yeah...not so much
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims has always been highly priced. The Sims 3 was $50 when it was launched. However, special and premium editions were more. I think I spent almost $80 on the collector's edition.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    For me it's because EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE HERE LIKE GOSH!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    @SimsGuruBChick ahhhhh! Necro thread! Kill it with fire! ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think sims has so much replayability value you can't exactly value as normal linear games imo. For example, I played sims 2 for 10 years, and skyrim you can finish in 1 week and there is not much to do after unless you buy dlc and even then you finish quickly. So I think is fair price. The game pack could be cheaper but i still think is ok. I just don't think the sims 3 store was good value. They charged 20 to 30 dollars for one item (a world with no other features, a tea set, a magic ball table).
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Aren't most games today at that price?

Maybe, but would *you* pay $60 for.. tic-tac-toe??

Just because "most games" go for that much, doesn't mean -all- games are *worth* that much...

Well to me TS4 is worth the price from what I've seen so far. But I guess that's just me. It's up to par with other games going that price.

I agree...I love the game, the free downloads, the game pack and expansion pack. I'm very pleased so far.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LadyNamelessLadyNameless Posts: 37 Member
    holy dead thread revival batman
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Games will only become more expensive, I mean look at all these plum games that cost more than The Sims 4 .-.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited May 2015
    now we know because sims 4 is so expensive or even sims series, because we have peoples which will pay anyway no matter how bad will be the things they are giving, because money is to be wasted no matter how cra p is what they are giving.

now i'm really start to believe which i learned why sims franchised was so suscesfull, well when you have a "sort of type of costumers" as some of the simmers which we have then make easy to milk money, really very easy, they don't need even give a try now
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif