Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Developers: Can you please release some more information!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hi All,

I'd think it would put a lot of us at ease to see what's coming up for Sims. It wouldn't have to be announcing the titles but what to expect each month.

For example;
    May - Patches
    June - GP
    July - EP
    etc.

One of the Sim Guru's actually posted last year on what was going to happen up until the end of April.

I agree with you, I think it would be nice if they did what you have suggested here.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Okay, I stand corrected. I was wrong about it being an online game. However, it's one thing for a company to back down on an unpopular feature and quite another to be willing to give out information on demand, especially since they're getting such negative feedback on a product that has proven to be wildly successful in the past.

Yes, customers *can* make a difference...except in this case. The thing is, you can ask the developers, but as i previously stated, they have no control over the release of information...they're probably legally bound by a non-disclosure agreement. And they're not about to break that, because they want to keep their jobs.

So, two different issues, two different outcomes.

You try to make it seem like i'm comparing it and i don't. Your first and second post sounded like it's totally childish to even consider public feedback would change anything. At least this post doesn't sound as belittling as the last two.
    I already said i know the silence does not come from the devs. You don't need to repeat yourself.
    EA puts them under such contract and only allows some info out. I get that. But if we accept it, why should EA give the permission to say anything?

They could just stay totally quiet about any future content and never tell us anything about EPs before they're out after this logic, but they do tell us because everything other would be bad marketing. So, if we could make EA see that silence is bad marketing per se, than they would be keen to change it.

The point is that we've been saying that since the game was released...that we wouldn't mind so much that there are things cut out of the game if they'd just communicate with us, and yet, what little communication we've had hasn't been revealing at all. So, eight months down the line, EA is well aware that we're not happy with their continuing silence.

Frankly, I'm waiting to see what Rachel Franklin reveals during E3 about the Sims 4, which she tweeted was going to be at E3.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Okay, I stand corrected. I was wrong about it being an online game. However, it's one thing for a company to back down on an unpopular feature and quite another to be willing to give out information on demand, especially since they're getting such negative feedback on a product that has proven to be wildly successful in the past.

Yes, customers *can* make a difference...except in this case. The thing is, you can ask the developers, but as i previously stated, they have no control over the release of information...they're probably legally bound by a non-disclosure agreement. And they're not about to break that, because they want to keep their jobs.

You try to make it seem like i'm comparing it and i don't. Your first and second post sounded like it's totally childish to even consider public feedback would change anything. At least this post doesn't sound as belittling as the last two.
    I already said i know the silence does not come from the devs. You don't need to repeat yourself.
    EA puts them under such contract and only allows some info out. I get that. But if we accept it, why should EA give the permission to say anything?

They could just stay totally quiet about any future content and never tell us anything about EPs before they're out after this logic, but they do tell us because everything other would be bad marketing. So, if we could make EA see that silence is bad marketing per se, than they would be keen to change it.

The point is that we've been saying that since the game was released...that we wouldn't mind so much that there are things cut out of the game if they'd just communicate with us, and yet, what little communication we've had hasn't been revealing at all. So, eight months down the line, EA is well aware that we're not happy with their continuing silence.

Frankly, I'm waiting to see what Rachel Franklin reveals during E3 about the Sims 4, which she tweeted was going to be at E3.

Probably EP2 will be what is revealed at E3.

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I hope we don't have silence between now and E3...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I hope we don't have silence between now and E3...
    I hope not to. I say announce Gamepack 2 now and EP 2 and maybe Gamepack 3 at E3.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

When did she tweet that? I haven't seen anything that says The Sims 4 will be at E3. Franklin's Twitter is barely used, and as of now has no mention of E3.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The guru's have stated that they will not talk about any future game content:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828773/ask-a-guru-is-closed-tuesday-april-14-11am-noon-pt/p1

From that topic:

IMPORTANT: The Gurus (none of us) cannot discuss any unannounced future content. That includes what we're making, when we're making it, whether it'll be a patch, paid content. We just can't. We'll tell you as soon as we're able. If you ask about future content, the answer will always be "No comment."

Ehm, i think he does know this. That's why he has to ask for it, hasn't he?

Even if he asks, that will be the answer.

Yes, because community members like you accept it.

The policy of silence does not come from the development team. They are under orders from Electronic Arts Corporate Headquarters not to say anything, because apparently The Suits are under the impression that "Least said, less damage control" is the answer to keeping the mobs quiet and the sales up (given the fact that their propaganda campaign touting the Sims 4 as the "Best Game Evah!" isn't working they way they thought it would).

So, you want action? Write Electronic Arts a snail mail or send them an e-mail requesting more information about forth-coming Sims 4 content.

And by the way, good luck waiting for an answer that isn't anything more than a form letter telling you how much they appreciate your interest and are well aware of fan concerns, however, we are not at liberty to discuss upcoming content right now, though rest assured The Sims 4 development team has some fantastic changes planned for future Sims 4 development...or words to that effect.

In other words...they still won't tell you one blessed thing.

I don't think the silence comes from the devs. But this is not a one way ladder. If fans complain, even the big guys will hear it. All of this "i understand it. Poor devs, people will just gonna freak at them if they say anything" isn't helping.
    This ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLzHpi4UyY ) shows, fans DO have a say in what will happen or not and complaining DOES help.

The policy is what it is - THEY WILL NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT FUTURE CONTENT. Why don't you write to EA HQ if you think you can get a different answer.

th?id=JN.GJe2iYLyd6lZCpRhMrRglA&pid=15.1&P=0
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited May 2015

Well, i'm as frustrated as you are. (If you are, it sounds like it. Maybe your just done with it) It's like they don't want happy customers. Maybe unhappy buy more stuff. That would explain why EA makes so much money eventhough they are so hated. It's not like they put out a lot of great quality games (occasionally, though).

I'm also interested in what Rachel Franklin is going to present at E3. I have to save money for something i really want wich means i'm not in the position anymore to buy all plum they throw at me, so they really need to impress me with the next content if they want to keep me interested in TS4. I can only speak for myself, obviously, but i do feel the community is losing interest, too.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    You're right. Some members of the community are losing interest. That's what happens when they don't communicate with fans.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited May 2015
    Looks like the letters of praise didn't butter up anyone... >_> Ah oh well I guess.....
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yeah their not going to say a word until EA decides to give us a sneak peak on gp's or ep's before release.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    The only thing that would make me excited about her announcement is if it was about her resignation. Or how she won't be a part of Sims 5...

And as others have said, we've been at this eight months and communication has dwindled. Do I think we should stop trying? No. I do think it's reasonable to expect more of the same behavior from them though.

One of the gurus posted on twitter that we underestimate them and I don't think that's true. Sometimes we over estimate them, but if anything we're only basing our opinions on what they've shown us.

I'll begin to believe they're doing they're best and really listening when I can see the proof of that, not a moment sooner.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    The Sims 3 Store use to give us hints every month. We need that now. I'm old school I guess but new content from the store every month spoiled me every month.

We don't need any hints. I remember way back with ts1 and ts2, people didn't beg for hints every day in multiple threads. Hints are just wanted. The store indeed spoiled you, and everyone who jumped in at the end of ts2 and during ts3.
    This is a new iteration, so they're doing things differently. Silence isn't the best way, but neither is simmers flooding the forums with the same requests, the same words over, and over.

Patience is a virtue, and sadly a majority of this generation is gimme-more-gimme-now.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    edited May 2015
    The Sims 3 Store use to give us hints every month. We need that now. I'm old school I guess but new content from the store every month spoiled me every month.

We don't need any hints. I remember way back with ts1 and ts2, people didn't beg for hints every day in multiple threads. Hints are just wanted. The store indeed spoiled you, and everyone who jumped in at the end of ts2 and during ts3.
    This is a new iteration, so they're doing things differently. Silence isn't the best way, but neither is simmers flooding the forums with the same requests, the same words over, and over.

Patience is a virtue, and sadly a majority of this generation is gimme-more-gimme-now.

I personally would rather have no information than teases about "vaporware". I remember during the early days of The Sims Online, the developers (including Will Wright!) were very open about the plans that they were considering the game. They cautioned people that none of these features were guaranteed to be implemented, but of course players ignored that and many were very angry when a good portion of them did not come to pass.
  • Options
    adrian64130adrian64130 Posts: 64 Member
    I've already spent over 100 bucks on Sims 4 I think I deserved more than a changed Twitter pic EA. Gimme More -Britney
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2015
    If they do end Sims I hope they ll sell it to another game studio but again I don't want to see this franchise die. There is still tons they need to add.

Sell it to Mojang!!! I'm done with the blockiness in Minecraft!
    Kidding... sort of.

But I can agree some hints every now and again. or if Simmers who Create Ideas for Packs here on Forums the Producer in charge of that pack would send a message or something. I mean Heeeyyy I'm willing to keep secrets from everyone or like invite me to play a demo of that Pack or slip a demo in my Origin. I swear if they do an idea of mine and I find out like everyone else and they called Life Simmer or the Sim Supply to try it out instead... so help me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    They stopped saying what's coming after they lied and told us Sims 4 would have cars and toddlers.

exactly the reason !

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2015

If you remember TS1 and TS2 days the way you say you do, then you should realize that the *reason* people didn't have to beg for hints is that the base games of both iterations had the next expansion pack on the back of the case (yes, BDLC, when we used to get actual physical disks complete with cases and player guides from Prima). We knew exactly what was coming down the pike every 6 months like clockwork.

In the Sims 3, they let us know what to expect towards the end, as well. So, no, we didn't need hints. But now, we get bupkis, so that's why we need hints. This Wall of Silence business is for the birds. You keep trying to defend EA, but there is no real defense for their silence.

It also doesn't help that you're trying to guilt and shame posters for posting their true feelings whenever it goes against EA and the Sims 4. Passive/aggressive much?

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2015

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828773/ask-a-guru-is-closed-tuesday-april-14-11am-noon-pt/p1

From that topic:

IMPORTANT: The Gurus (none of us) cannot discuss any unannounced future content. That includes what we're making, when we're making it, whether it'll be a patch, paid content. We just can't. We'll tell you as soon as we're able. If you ask about future content, the answer will always be "No comment."

The policy of silence does not come from the development team. They are under orders from Electronic Arts Corporate Headquarters not to say anything, because apparently The Suits are under the impression that "Least said, less damage control" is the answer to keeping the mobs quiet and the sales up (given the fact that their propaganda campaign touting the Sims 4 as the "Best Game Evah!" isn't working they way they thought it would).

So, you want action? Write Electronic Arts a snail mail or send them an e-mail requesting more information about forth-coming Sims 4 content.

And by the way, good luck waiting for an answer that isn't anything more than a form letter telling you how much they appreciate your interest and are well aware of fan concerns, however, we are not at liberty to discuss upcoming content right now, though rest assured The Sims 4 development team has some fantastic changes planned for future Sims 4 development...or words to that effect.

Where can I do this? It may not be a letter and it will probably be more like a book but that's okay.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I miss the back of the case hints the Sims 1 and 2 had. Those were the days when I actually got excited for expansion packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    I've not really commented on this before but after reading thread after thread of disappointment and frustration over any content news.... Surely someone at EA must realise that OK there is hype for about 5 minutes when they release a cryptic tweet etc but that fast dissolves into frustration and huge feelings of 'whatever'. They way they are currently handling this is seriously hurting and damaging the franchise.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »

From that topic:

Where can I do this? It may not be a letter and it will probably be more like a book but that's okay.

Pretty sure it'll just get read by an outsourced CS rep and your reply will be a 15% discount on an old game (only) which must be used within 30 days :unamused: love the way when you complain their answer is "can't help you, but here is incentive for you to continue to be disappointed at a higher price... have nice day). EA is obviously not the company to which writing letters works.