Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All My Sims are Alcoholics

FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
It seems like the Sims who own bars in their homes have this need to spend all day making drinks. What's up with that or is it just me?
Playing the Sims since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Take the bar away some bug I guess.
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    My sims are alcoholics too :D they should totally hangout sometime lol. But seriously, my sims are always at their bar making drinks...even in the morning when they're super hungry. For me though, it goes with their story since their rockers & socialites.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    When my Sims do indulge they have a tendency to be 2-fisted drinkers! :p
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    I feel like its been like this in every game lmao. My sims would be drinking til the sun comes up if I let them.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Hawkgirl wrote: »
    Sims do seem to fixate on one thing. Mine tend to fight over the computer so I no longer give them one.
    That's like me in RL. If the grandchildren persist in 'fighting' over a toy, guess what. The toy goes into 'timeout'. Sometimes it's indefinitely, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Hawkgirl wrote: »
    Sims do seem to fixate on one thing. Mine tend to fight over the computer so I no longer give them one.
    That's like me in RL. If the grandchildren persist in 'fighting' over a toy, guess what. The toy goes into 'timeout'. Sometimes it's indefinitely, too.

Yup, best trick I've learned lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    It's juice though, maybe they are just avid juicers? =)
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    My sims love drinking while pregnant.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's not real alcohol like World Adventures had. But yes bartending skill and having a bar makes Sims obsessed with drinking their power juices. Sometimes removing the computer and bars from the game helps. If they want to drink, they can go to a community lot. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I had a foodie sim who always INSISTED upon going to the bar whenever she wasn't doing anything else and mixing herself a drink. And then she'd get a negative buff because she didn't like it. And then a few hours later, she'd repeat the process.

Once she'd gotten the necessary mixology skill for the culinary career, I deleted the bar from their lot. THAT'LL TEACH YA, Y'LUSH!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I don unnershand why thiz iz being preshented as a pwoblam?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited April 2015
    It seems like the Sims who own bars in their homes have this need to spend all day making drinks. What's up with that or is it just me?

Hey, nothing wrong with the odd drink ;)

jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I don unnershand why thiz iz being preshented as a pwoblam?
    Precisely.
    PandaORose wrote: »
    My sims love drinking while pregnant.

I died. xD
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    My sims don't own a bar but they are milkaholics. So I'm sure they would be alcoholics too if I had a bar.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Really I have a bar in my sims house and they never touch it I really wish they would have a drink more often though.
  • Options
    kawaiinicolekawaiinicole Posts: 73 Member
    Same here. I hope they add negative/crazy behavior side effects from drinking too much.
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    It's because drinking decreases the hunger bar. It's weird that they choose that over the more substantial fridge option though... :P
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think this has something to do with how the sims have been programmed to fill their needs and certain objects are more appealing than others in that sense. But for the sake of my game I'm just putting it down to all my sims being computer nerd lushes :D
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    My sims have a bar and they NEVER use it! They can use it and my adults have level 2 mixology skill but that was only because I directed them to use the bar, they do not autonomously go to the bar.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    In my games I have all ranges of juicers, some will ignore the bar while some have a drink, sit at the home bar and read a book and then there are the hardcore drinkers. I think it's cute all the differences in my sims. I don't worry much about them frequenting the home bar, at least they're learning a skill, lol.

Now motion rigs are another story...that's the first place everyone in the family would head to after getting out of bed in the morning...even if they were hungry and had to pee. I don't think so! Most of those I've taken out of homes and now are only at the library. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Take the bar away some bug I guess.

It's not a bug, once they use the bar they will gravitate to it endlessly, it's the same as them always getting a glass of milk from the fridge. And just an FYI, none of the drinks from the bar have alcohol in them.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    This probably goes along with the thing where they constantly go to the fridge for milk when they have nothing to do. For some reason, sims are just obsessed with ingesting any liquids in this game lol.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    bonnstraxxbonnstraxx Posts: 102 Member
    If it's not the bar, my sims are always making tea in the tea maker!
    tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Simple! Just get the door lock mod and put the fridge, bar, tea & coffee, computer, bookshelf (since they grab books but don't read them for more than 5 secs before grabbing another), bathroom sink (so they'll use the kitchen sink), and anything else sims gravitate towards excessively behind a locked door. See.... not a problem at all. Yeah... no this game needs some tweaking.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    efaspaceefaspace Posts: 85 Member
    I feel like my avatar is perfectly suited for this thread
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    My Sims have proven to be very controlled when it comes to drinking. Only those who have at least one point in Mixology fix themselves a drink every so often.