Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reminder Guru Chat is Today

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I don't see any point to these questions. The only thing they can discuss is stuff we already know or can be goggled and/or answered by the community.

I've pretty much written these chats off and for that matter ts4 as well.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,567 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    plopppo wrote: »
    It says:
    The Sims 4 Get to Work and the base game

So, considering they can't talk about future content, surely the way to tackle this is to ask them all about everything that is missing?

ie don't ask if/when toddlers are coming, but why were they omitted, etc, etc?

They haven't disclaimered that line of questioning out.

I'm seeing a green light.

Yes! Let's all of us do that, they will have to give us a answer!
    Let's ask why was toddlers, open world and other missing things deleted from the game.
    Well, I asked this in the last session, and it wasn't about future content, but they still didn't answer it:

How 'fleshed out' were toddlers for TS4 when you decided they were not going to be able to be included in the game release? How long had you actually been working on them before they were dropped?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I suspect they know perfectly well that there is no answer about past toddler development that would do anything but fuel more fires and would, in spite of being an on-the-fly answer, get quoted negatively back at them for years to come. What incentive do they have to tell you what happened given how people use their words at them already?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,567 Member
    I suspect they know perfectly well that there is no answer about past toddler development that would do anything but fuel more fires and would, in spite of being an on-the-fly answer, get quoted negatively back at them for years to come. What incentive do they have to tell you what happened given how people use their words at them already?
    From their point of view, none at all I guess. But then why bother holding such sessions if you're only going to answer easy, non-awkward questions that can probably be found out elsewhere?

I think they need to do damage control with their customers and answer questions that really matter or give us regular updates on what they are currently working on to achieve.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Can someone ask if Justine Keaton is coming to the Sims 4? o:)

NOOOOOO
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    From their point of view, none at all I guess. But then why bother holding such sessions if you're only going to answer easy, non-awkward questions that can probably be found out elsewhere?

If some aspect of the game is really bothersome, I know I feel better that I have brought it up to a Guru and had them acknowledge that they are aware of the problem and/or working on a solution. This makes me feel more confident than having heard it second hand. If this doesn't appeal to you, then opt out. I find it useful.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    What annoys me, is that they only answer questions that could be answered by someone making a thread about it. I wish they would answer questions that only they know the answer to rather than answering questions that have already been answered 50 times :/
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

^ Quite.

I have enjoyed reading these threads, though I have to say the earlier ones were far more interesting. Often, the most interesting stuff seems to be about the thinking behind features that are already in the game.

If they are allowed to talk about things they can talk about it it becomes a fascinating read, IMO.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well lets just all ask them when toddlers are coming just toddlers and see what would happen
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Approaching from a lateral direction could be good, but on the other hand it seems a little passive-aggressive to me. For instance, I'm tempted to ask, "What criteria did you use in deciding to tune alien abduction and pregnancy so insanely low?"
  • Options
    Well lets just all ask them when toddlers are coming just toddlers and see what would happen
    Nothing will happen. They've stated upfront that they can't talk about future content. The question will be ignored, or you'll be reminded of that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I know this won't be a popular comment, but not everyone is interested in toddlers! Me for one. I couldn't care less about them and I shift all babies to a purpose built unit until they are ready to age up, so I don't have to deal with them!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    We should talk to them the same way we did before the release of the game. <.<
  • Options
    SimGuruCoopSimGuruCoop Posts: 63 SimGuru (retired)
    Happy you're excited for Ask a Guru today! But to answer some of the notes here, no, the Gurus won't be able to comment on content that isn't in the game, even if you phrase it as a question.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi there a litlle thing i want the communty to do hope you join i personly want toddlers and today is ask a guru day at 11am pst so i want all of us to ask them when toddlers are coming just toddlers and see what happen ;)
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Happy you're excited for Ask a Guru today! But to answer some of the notes here, no, the Gurus won't be able to comment on content that isn't in the game, even if you phrase it as a question.

Just want to ask do you know that we want toddlers

yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I'm going to put a sock on my hand and grill that sucker - make it sing like a canary. I shall break it's will - it WILL answer my questions - I shall lesson it.

I shall call it SimGuruSock.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Of course they know we want toddlers. They don't live under a rock. It's been the #1 topic of conversation in these forums for months. And they've been asked many, many, many, many times already, directly.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well maybe they dont know that we want toddlers as happened in maid bug in the last ask a guru
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Does anyone else wants to do a protest? All you have to do is ask when will we get toddlers, today in the ask a guru. But EVERYONE must make the same question.
    Just copy and paste:

When will we get toddlers?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Well maybe they dont know that know that we want toddlers as happened in maid bug last ask a guru

We've been told "we hear you" about toddlers. Many times. Including in topics devoted to the subject.
  • Options
    Does anyone else wants to do a protest? All you have to do is ask when will we get toddlers, today in the ask a guru. But EVERYONE must make the same question.
    Just copy and paste:

Please don't derail the chat or risk them cancelling them entirely. Thanks,
    Someone who cares about more than just toddlers
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    But if we can't ask what we still want in the game, what is left to ask? Fandom questions like what is your favorite color? I still want to know what the future holds for the Sims 4 and it gets frustrating not even knowing the direction after eight months. Like others said we can't talk about bugs, we can't talk about ideas, and we can't talk about anything we would like to see in the game. What else is there?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Just copy and paste:

Please don't derail the chat or risk them cancelling them entirely. Thanks,
    Someone who cares about more than just toddlers

There's no point in these ask a guru thread if they can't comment on future content at all.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Will you comment on content that IS in the game, that either doesn't work right or has been changed AFTER release in a manner that negates the reason some people bought it?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top