The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reminder Guru Chat is Today

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
This coming week.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    Just an FYI it s tomorrow. Be funny if the patch comes out the same dsy.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

thats what im wondering are we getting a patch today as well?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

The gurus haven't deployed the batgnome so my guess would be no. Unless they aren't doing that anymore, which would be equally unsurprising to me.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    11am what time zone?
    it would be at GMT-3... ?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    11am what time zone?
    it would be at GMT-3... ?

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    11 a.m. PST = 2 p.m. EST (New York time) = 7 p.m. GMT (London time)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    There's not really any point in these ask a guru threads, all they do is giving answers to things we can easily ask to any fan around the forums.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Why would someone ask Gurus questions about Get To Work?

I mean what sort of stuff are people going to ask them?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

The gurus haven't deployed the batgnome so my guess would be no. Unless they aren't doing that anymore, which would be equally unsurprising to me.
    shoot :( i thought for sure we would get a monthly patch. the last one was merely fixes for GTW and generated by the responses of players here so arguably not scheduled

• Options
    edited April 2015
    plopppo wrote: »
    Why would someone ask Gurus questions about Get To Work?

I mean what sort of stuff are people going to ask them?

Maybe if they might consider a different fix for the aliens thing? People who bought GTW for aliens have been really frustrated by their making abduction and male pregnancy way more rare in a patch. A lot of alien fans were already not getting abductions so much. They just weren't being as vocal as the people who were getting too many abductions :/ Now they're vocal, and legit upset, given that aliens were a GTW selling point.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I've seen bugs or bug reports acknowledged in the chats, including one I raised last chat. I've got some hope that they might acknowledge that the tuning fix hasn't got things right yet. It felt like a quick solution to a problem that needs a more complex solution, one that includes UI changes (translations included), which probably take longer. Maybe there's a more complex solution planned? In any case, it's worth being a bit in-your-face, I think, about the fact that if they decide to really do no on-off switches for other life states, reducing frequencies to please people who don't want those life states is a slap in the face to people they designed those life states for and sold them to.

I won't have time this afternoon to follow the chat in a timely way so I really hope someone raises this. And they're welcome to quote me or steal my words.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    It says:
    The Sims 4 Get to Work and the base game

So, considering they can't talk about future content, surely the way to tackle this is to ask them all about everything that is missing?

ie don't ask if/when toddlers are coming, but why were they omitted, etc, etc?

They haven't disclaimered that line of questioning out.

I'm seeing a green light.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Interesting tactic. May use. Thanks.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have just read through the last chat session and I was gobsmacked that the maid issue was still outstanding!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I just want the constant going to the fridge and getting drinks to be fixed again.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Can someone ask if Justine Keaton is coming to the Sims 4? o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    It says:

So, considering they can't talk about future content, surely the way to tackle this is to ask them all about everything that is missing?

Yes! Let's all of us do that, they will have to give us a answer!
    Let's ask why was toddlers, open world and other missing things deleted from the game.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    It says:

Yes! Let's all of us do that, they will have to give us a answer!
    Let's ask why was toddlers, open world and other missing things deleted from the game.

We already know why we didn't get open world, or at least we know what was their reasoning behind it: so we could have a smoother game. They also said the reason why we don't have toddlers is because they wanted to concentrate on emotions, multitasking, etc. What it doesn't make any sense is why they decided to sacrifice an unique lifestage on a life simulator game. What was the reason behind it? Did they have the impression that people hated toddlers and wouldn't miss them even knowing that one of the most popular playstyles among simmers is family play? Why did they say we were getting all life stages and then we got something else at launch? Were they actually planning on adding them or not? Why 8 months later we still have no news about whether we're getting them or not? (they probably will say "no comment" to that last one though).
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    They'll have to patch out the Easter eggs, won't they? So we may get a mini patch for that. I'm not expecting new content though...
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I honestly don't even see the point of today's session. We can't ask about future content, bugs belong in the bugs thread, suggesting in the idea corner/feedback. I was hoping that at least a patch would be out to discuss that.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    I am really confused as to what the point of the ask a guru thread is for. Like people have said, bugs belong in the bug thread, suggestions in the ideas corner, we can't ask about future content and they don't like answering any questions about certain aspects of the game people are unhappy with. So what is left? 'Gurus, what is your favourite colour?' urgh, I don't see why they can't just say about things that are maybe on a list of suggestions for future stuff, making sure they say it isn't certain so they don't get in to trouble if it doesn't get into an EP but just SOMETHING to actually get us excited and wanting to engage with them.
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top