Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member
    i love get to work !

the Jobs are cool!

nice clothes and hairstyle

it reminds me to sims 2 open for buisiniess =)

the sims can do lots of things during their work day
    and with the Shops there are so much possibilitys what we can sell

A VERY COOL EXPANSIONS PACK
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2015
    In the doctor career, I wish that there were less sick people at the hospital. I only have so many beds and when they are all full and there are people leaving the lobby because of the wait, it really isn't fair.

Each patient has to have every test there and then sometimes it doesn't show what is wrong with them and my doctor has to give up because all tests have been run with no results. Some patients should have easy cures and only a couple of tests before a diagnosis and a couple should have to have all of them.

I wish the other hospital personnel did work as well; they do nothing.

I have it in my bookmarks somewhere, but can't figure out how to redo the hospital. The hospital, science place, jail, and picture studio should be on the map even if we can't go in. We should be able to decorate it at will as in S3. It would be so neat if you could reconsider and put them on the map and make it to where we can edit them.

I really love the doc career, but having to give all tests to all sims is a real bummer. Plus no one else there works.
  • Options
    xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    @davina1221 I couldn't agree any more with you. They do need to release a patch for the hospital, or at least allow their player to build their own working hospital.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited April 2015
    This is not a bug for sure but a design choice but it bothers me a lot that when my sim owns a retail shop and works 10+ hours a day to earn its living, its status keeps showing "unemployed" should it not be "bussiness sim" or something. My sims running their stores keep on showing a whim to get a work! I´d like that running a store should be taken by the game as a career that you can asign to a certain sim not something like a hobby that anyone in the household can do at any time, though I like that other sims in the household can help, there should be a sim that has the work of running the store as its own and not be "unemployed" anymore.

I would like also that the hours of opening and closing the store could be fixed for good and the sims were summoned to work at these hours as other sims are.

IMO
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I posted earlier about how much I was enjoying this. However, I've encountered 3 things that might be glitches, or might be design changes -- I don't know.

1. When aging a child to a teen, there wasn't the full list of traits available. I don't know how many she had to choose from, but I do know the one that I had randomly generated for her -- noncommittal -- wasn't there.

2. When I sent this same teen to buy a new outfit from a store, what happened was that she paid the money and took the outfit off the mannequin, but she didn't change into it, and it's not in her CAS wardrobe.

3. In a different family, I have a father who is a scientist and a daughter working on the Whiz Kid aspiration. She had a B when she reached the 3rd level of her aspiration, so she should have gotten credit for her A. However, I was playing her father at work, so that didn't happen. I can use a cheat to have her complete the aspiration, but I would much rather not have to do that.
  • Options
    tiredraventiredraven Posts: 15 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I would echo @Ken_Carson_Sim in saying that a restaurant rather than just a bakery would be a great addition to this game, and make the retail aspect of the game more realistic. The stores and the amount of things that we are able to sell is really nice, but while in Open for Business we had some options for traditional but not strictly retail stores, Get to Work really lacks that. Especially since there's no restaurants at all in Sims 4 yet, just bars. The bars are nice, but I guess it seems like the retail/community area would have at least one restaurant.
  • Options
    Nia19982010Nia19982010 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't have an option to help my patients i can't diagnose my patients i don't have the option to give them food. I don't have a notebook on my phone i think there's something wrong please help :(
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    My recent experience with the hospital has been.... blah.

One doctor and one nurse are not enough, there needs to be more employees and they need to actually do their jobs. I'll have 3 patients waiting to be seen with 8 other Sims out waiting in the lobby. I have 5 open beds. There is plenty of space for new patients and there is no way my one Sim can get to everyone is a single shift. Having some more useful staff would go a long way towards making the hospital more lively and fun. I might get to treat two patients in a day and everyone else leaves upset. It's just not fun!

Even with a smaller hospital that has fewer beds, the same problems occur. The staff is just useless. I am a one-Sim medical wonder and it's boring.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Shohaib ShahShohaib Shah Posts: 4 New Member
    I love GTW. I bought it with a cheap price on Gamesdeal.com. Everything goes smoothly for me, a happy experience about GTW.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited April 2015
    Just to add, please make it easier for us Simmers to edit career lots without using cheats and causing problems. This is suppose to be our worlds after all.

I had to remove speakers from my retail lot due to all Sims dancing not buying, but doing that causes all Sims just to do a big group chat rather than buy! EEK!

04-22-15_11-18nbspAM.png~original
  • Options
    AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    I followed a pregnant sim to the hospital when she went into labor today; it's my first time doing that. And I have to say, it was not an enjoyable experience. The nurse and the orderly kept standing on the sidewalk doing nothing. At one point after a shift change, the doctor disappeared. After yet another shift change, the receptionist was the only one besides my sim in the hospital. Then finally the doctor showed up and delivered the baby. The wait to deliver was over a day! I know in real life labor takes a long time, but waiting that long in a game is no fun, especially when there's nothing to do in the hospital. Maybe if we could build on the hospital lots without causing a lot of glitches and problems, we could build a cool birthing wing or something for sims waiting to deliver, but right now it's so boring! I'll probably never follow a pregnant sim to the hospital ever again. :(
  • Options
    Amitaliri619Amitaliri619 Posts: 38 Member
    So far so good!

And to be completely honest I'm pleasantly surprised! It's a very fun expansion and has loads of stuff to experience! I wish future expansions would take a similar take on "active careers" as there so much more services that need to exist in the game! And I'm in love with the retail aspect! <3
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    This is not a bug for sure but a design choice but it bothers me a lot that when my sim owns a retail shop and works 10+ hours a day to earn its living, its status keeps showing "unemployed" should it not be "bussiness sim" or something. My sims running their stores keep on showing a whim to get a work! I´d like that running a store should be taken by the game as a career that you can asign to a certain sim not something like a hobby that anyone in the household can do at any time, though I like that other sims in the household can help, there should be a sim that has the work of running the store as its own and not be "unemployed" anymore.

I would like also that the hours of opening and closing the store could be fixed for good and the sims were summoned to work at these hours as other sims are.

IMO

The word you're looking for is: entrepeneur. That's the proper name for a self-employed Sim with a start-up retail business. And, I think you're absolutely right. It *should* count as a career, just like all the other careers. The only problem I can foresee is that it probably adds even more tasks to running the retail store.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    You don't have to move out the family. In manage worlds select the family's house, then edit, then in cas you can choose to move them out one or more at a time.
    You really need to enable sims to move out without going through all the hassle of moving out the whole family...when my teen sims grow into adulthood they need to move out on their own...and not into another household either....the option to move a sim into their own separate dwelling while the family stays where they are is a much needed option to fully appreciate the reality of the game

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2015
    Please allow us to put abductions/sickness/male birth at a level that we get to see them happen. Since the patch, I never see these things occurring. It's as if they don't exist in my game. It makes me mad because it would be nice for it to happen once a week. And if I didn't want it, I could shut it off. I don't know who set the values, but they need some help in programming. What a knee jerk thing to do. Now I feel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in what I bought for a pricey sum.

Way to make yet another customer mad. :#
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Just bought this EP a few days ago and was loving it until the Science career broke at LEVEL 3 (JUNIOR TINKERER) Here is the link to my issue if a guru would be kind enough to drop in and see if you have a fix to my problem. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830479/is-the-science-career-broken
  • Options
    YnouvaYnouva Posts: 94 Member
    I've been playing the GTW careers for almost 2 weeks now and so far I love it. I have no major issues so far. And I especially love the retail businesses!

I hope that the future EPs would have more active careers like these. They're really just so fun.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I'm a little sad that parent's can't take pictures with their kids. Little silly they can only take them OF their kids.
    I'm sure someone else has mentioned this before, but that needs to be fixed - what parent doesn't ever take pictures with their kids?

• Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    jaedoolity wrote: »
    @Spacey72659 I had the same thing!! My male sim kept doubling over and his belly would glow!ine was working as a dr for the 1st time since GTW started so I wasn't sure if he had contracted some weird disease!! But my question is, did yours come out different in any way!!?! Mine didn't!! He had a boy I named Oliver (thinking he would be Olive colored!) and now he's a boy and he is as plain-Jane as his sister that my female Sim had from the same 'Try for a baby'. I also just started a new game and gave my male sim (I made to be a cop for the 1st time so wish me luck!!) a roommate as a female Alien to see if they have some kind of alien powers but I still don't see anything different (other than appearance) about her. Should my male sim that got prego have had a green baby at least?? Does anyone know what, if any, special things an alien does?!?

@jaedoolity Mine came out an alien. All three babies were aliens (my female had twins, ugh). So I have three identical purple alien babies now. I think it's just random like it is for normal Sims - like the baby could be blonde or red headed like either parent. So it sounds like you just got a wonky random roll there with the babies being normal. idk if it's always the same outcome with both pregnancies (like, if one has an alien the other will, or you could have one have an alien and the other be normal?) This was my first alien and alien pregnancy (also never had abductions or encounters in other games yet so... bumed). So, not really sure with the children.

Aliens have some different interactions - they have a secret handshake with other aliens. With normal Sims they can 'analyze personality' which they will use brain power to deduce Sims traits. But not too many. Only a few thins that I have seen so far.

Mine came out half and half. They have alien skin, but human eyes and hair (my male had TRIPLETS for crying out loud). They could also wear human clothes as opposed to space suits. But when my half alien had a kid with someone else, it came out just human.

cySqEtA.png

I think my favorite thing about full-aliens is that you get the human disguise, and it's customizable, so it's like two sims in one. Also, they tend to glow with strong emotions (pink for flirty, green for happy, red for angry, etc.)

Yeah mine are actually half/half as well - the baby jumpers fooled me into thinking they were full alien. I actually forgot I'd posted this before or I'd have corrected myself LOL!

• Options
    Raptor42Raptor42 Posts: 1 New Member
    This DLC adds lots of new things to do in the game, but I have encountered some bugs and some things that it's ridiculous that weren't added yet..
    1. Bug - When I canceled search on a recently arrested suspect while he was already standing at the booking station (I wanted to chat with co-worker) he "locked himself" in a cell along with the guys with orange uniforms and I was not able to interrogate him. He's name wasn't showing up when clicked on a gate to release or on a desk to interrogate.
    2. Bug - Sometimes just arrested suspects or doctor in hospital(when in labor) doesn't appear - sometimes they come on the next day..

3. Logic Error? - I asked one of my co-workers to move in with me but then I can't work with them anymore. Did they move to alternate dimension or something? :smile: As currently you can choose who to follow during their work day, the other household members doing the same job should at least be present in the work area, doing.. whatever they do :smile: without being controlable.

4. Should be added - Door locks! It clearly decreases immersion as the people I don't really know knock to my front door, then get inside without an invitation, go to my office room and destroy the computer...
    5. Should be added - Cell doors! Why did you add cell bars but didn't add cell doors...?
    6. Should be added - Staff front desk. I'd like to create my private police station at home, but there's no staff counter!
    7. Should be added - I arrested and locked in cell a sim and when I came home I saw him standing in front of my house...
    8. Should be added - Special rooms unlocked at level 10 of a specific career serve no purpose at all.. How about an option to do private detective work or working as a private doctor and having an option to hire some co-workers to help?

9. Could be added - More police interactions! It would be nice to have an option to "check for id" randomly encoutered sim that would reveal all his personal information(traits, career, etc.) or actions like: take into custody anyone (a sim that really annoys you :wink: )and take him to police station or private prison, tell the crowd of people to keep out of a certain area, to instruct to evacuate (leave area) or call for backup (spawn some police officers in specific area.
    10. Could be added - Criminals breaking into a house, trying to bypass security (cameras, cell bars and other security systems that should be added) and police trying to catch them, maybe get an emergency call when working in the force?
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I am quite happy with GTW so far. Gameplay has really improved and it's just more fun :)
    The Alien stuff is great and I absolutely LOVE the new photography skill! You can really make
    some interesting decor stuff with all that and the ability to take selfies is super fun ;)

However, I was really hoping for more building content (windows, wallpapers, floors and landscaping).
    But like I said, I am quite happy with this so far and I think the game is becoming more interesting and fun :)
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Just want to chime in with regards to photography. I agree with what everyone else has been saying. We need to be able to take pictures of more than just two people and children need to be included with adults! Then it would be perfect.

Also, I would absolutely love it if we could put our photos on display on a shelf or any other surfaces. My walls are looking very cluttered these days, lol. ^_^; I like that we can change the frame color too, can we maybe get this feature for paintings as well?
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    AbiAbi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I've played the detective career and my sim seems to freeze but the clock doesn't. When I send her to work, she stands for about 1.5 hours. When I try and process evidence at the computer, she stands and looks at it for 1 or two hours. I've also noticed this when she tries to interact with witnesses. I just had to exit without saving because she traveled to a crime scene just before her work day was done and she got stuck in the neighbourhood. I couldn'ttravel home. I'm also experiencing hours in her day where I can't bring up an interactions menu by clicking on objects in her house. I waited a while before buying this expansion, in the hope that the major bugs would have been worked out. Guess I should have waited longer :(
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    now that the sims can become ill and take medicine, can we get a medicine cabinet display to stock the medicine in?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have already made some comments about Get to Work, but have since played more and have a gotten a better feel for the game. Thus far, I have tried The Scientist, Detective and Doctor Careers. I have achieved Level 10 for both Scientist and Detective and am a Level 8 Doctor now.
    I am enjoying the game and am very happy with it, however there are some things that I found to be annoying. Some I mentioned in my previous post and I will reiterate them here because they are very bothersome.
    General:
    The Sims that are left at home are totally out of control even when tasks are put in the queue, they are not performed. Examples of this are when told to garden, even if this is started before going to work with my other Sim, the gardening does not get done. I know this because when returning nothing is harvested, there are weeds and the plants are unhappy. Food is left on table uneaten. When returning with the working Sim, the Sims that were left at home have a full hunger bar, but the food that they were eating in the morning before going to work with my Sim remains there uneaten. As a side note the ones left at home are not hungry, hunger bar is full but food from fridge hasn't been touched either so I am not sure where or what they ate. Sometimes my Sims children go to school in their pajamas.
    The whole moving around while they are eating is very annoying, especially when time is a factor. I appreciate that the amount of time it takes Sims to eat has been fixed, this makes a big difference.
    Sims will still go out of their way to put things away or clean up dirty dishes. Even if they are in the kitchen, they will often go to a bathroom upstairs to clean dishes. I built a basement and I have a kitchen downstairs where my Sim mixes her herbal remedies. Even when my Sims are in the upstairs kitchen they will go downstairs to put food away or wash dishes.
    My sims do not always go where I want them to, for example, my one Sim writes books and has a computer specifically designated for writing, in an area where there are things to keep her very inspired. If I click on that computer and tell her to write she will go to another. I have to tell her to go here (the room the computer is in) and then click on the computer to write.

DETECTIVE CAREER
    I found this career to be very enjoyable, however, sometimes once the APB is issued my Detective Sim was taken to a place where there was no suspect fitting the description I was given. When this happened there was nothing in the description that matched any of the Sims present. Leaving and going back made no difference. This happened with two out of the eight cases I solved, and resulted in a huge lose of work performance for me.

DOCTOR CAREER
    Again, I am loving this career. I agree with other posters who stated that the other Sims in the hospital should be doing something other than standing around and getting in the way. I don't mind it too much, but it is annoying at times. One orderly is constantly flirting with my married Sim. Having worked in the medical field for over twenty years this is pretty much what happens. Crowded waiting rooms and unhappy patients complaining about the wait comes with the territory so it makes the game more realistic for me.
    I find it very annoying that the equipment breaks and we have to fix it. There is enough to do during the work day, fixing equipment should not be one them. One day I went into work and both analyzers were broken and both X-ray machines were broken, so before even starting on work related tasks, I had to fix at least one of each.

SCIENTIST CAREER
    Once again, I enjoyed this career as well. I did not encounter any major glitches with this career other than sometimes not being able to do required tasks because what I needed was unavailable. Often, there were not visitors to talk to and upgrading equipment could not be done because it was all already upgraded.

I have not tried a retail business yet, but that is next after I reach level 10 of the Doctor career. At this point because I find it very bothersome that the stay at home Sims run amok I will set a schedule that will allow me to work around leaving any Sims home unattended.

One other thing that I find annoying is that the kids constantly leave their homework all over the place. I am either always looking for it or just buying new ones from the bookcase.

Overall, I think this Expansion Pack is great. I am enjoying it very much. I would like to see some of the things I mentioned fixed or tweaked a little.

Thank you for working hard and fixing some of the issues with the game. I am happy that the alien issue was fixed, my male Sim had 5 alien babies before this was adjusted, and I am very happy this is no longer an issue.

Something that I would really love to see in this version of the Sims is bigger lots to build on and more of them. I have mentioned this several times in previous posts, but this is important to me. I was very disappointed with the size of Magnolia Promenade. It is small, and there is only one very small lot to build on. I hope this changes with future Game and Expansion Packs.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top