Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University- How to?

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
Is there any way to make it all go faster? It takes forever to get one sims through university lol

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi :)

Yes- I use the University Final Clock (College Clock) from MATY.
    It lets you set their finals whenever you want.

(I don't think I can link it here but Google works) :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Ahh thanks, I'll try that out ^^
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Ahh thanks, I'll try that out ^^

Yes theres a mod on modthesims.com that I have that you can pick from like every 48, 36, 24 etc.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Insimenator will let you do that too with the education adjuster. You can set final in 2 hours, so I always just set their gpa for the top then final in 2 hours, rinse and repeat till I get them out of there. I have to have them learn any skills tho. I can use the skill adjuster if I REALLY want to cheat so it will count them learning the skill then move on to next one. I can get them through university in a couple of hours or so that way.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    If you don't want to cheat their skills or GPA and you have Seasons as well, you can turn University to all Fall without it affecting the main neighborhood. That way you get the fall skilling boosts. The boosts also affect how much GPA each class and term paper will give and how fast the term paper is done. One class and one term paper will fill up the bar if they've gotten all skills for the semester.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Good idea!
  • Options
    Also, I usually send my Sim to a Uni ommunity lot to earn money, make friends, and/or skill before class so the clock still goes and they also get to go to class again when they go back home. It fills up their meter fast and it is so much more fun while the clock keeps ticking. =]
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi all,
    I too set my season to fall to make the learning go by faster. I also have all my uni students have all their skills. they do their term papers and homework and go to class. All graduate with a 4.0. I have started using the tombstone of life and death. I got in a hurry with my 16 uni sims and used the golden apple to graduate them out. I generally let them get up to junior or first semester of senior. Then I use the semester tester T&l and pull out the apple. Then go along and graduate all out back into the sim world.

At present I will have something like 20 something teens to go to college. I just redid three of the small uni houses to accommodate them all. Plus I have the Broke brothers frat house that all eight of the Broke kids will go to. I just got many of my sims pregnant and rushed out their pregnancies via the tombstone of life or death. Then I aged up the babies to toddlers. I am working on getting them all their toddy skills and potty trained and walking and talking etc. It is very time consuming but I want to get them all grown up and in to uni.

In the past I never really used the tombstone or boolprop. However now I am finding it very useful.
    Edited: because I remember what the click on was in the tombstone of life and death. The semester tester.
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc
    Post edited by winterloc on
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I know this isn't really helpful, but tend to run on the second speed while at Uni. The sims just walk so... slow... when they're there. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I have mod that makes Sims run to class. That's helps so much when they're on a larger lot. =D
  • Options
    Hahah thanks everyone! I haven't felt like playing lately as all that time on uni wears on me ahha
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    It looks like I must be the only one who plays Uni kind of slowly. My sims go on holidays while they're at Uni, they skill, meet people, make friends and go on dates and stuff like that. I don't drag it out, but they take a while.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    It looks like I must be the only one who plays Uni kind of slowly. My sims go on holidays while they're at Uni, they skill, meet people, make friends and go on dates and stuff like that. I don't drag it out, but they take a while.

Nope Pary - I play it fully. I like to spend the first semester in the dorm with 8 sims I send to Uni together - then have one leave the dorm to start up a Greek house. Oh I have a ball playing out Uni to it's fullest. Have parties and make their Geek house the envy of the campus. I use Sentry bots to get side splitting funny interactions to the miserable cow that keeps trying to sneak into my parties. I also have my students have a band together and go into town when they have the time and play for tips. But yes I have a ball doing everything you can do on campus besides just classes and homework. Loves the whole experience and playing all 8 of the sims keeps me busy for sure.

I find Sims 3 Uni no where as fun as Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »

Nope Pary - I play it fully. I like to spend the first semester in the dorm with 8 sims I send to Uni together - then have one leave the dorm to start up a Greek house. Oh I have a ball playing out Uni to it's fullest. Have parties and make their Geek house the envy of the campus. I use Sentry bots to get side splitting funny interactions to the miserable cow that keeps trying to sneak into my parties. I also have my students have a band together and go into town when they have the time and play for tips. But yes I have a ball doing everything you can do on campus besides just classes and homework. Loves the whole experience and playing all 8 of the sims keeps me busy for sure.

I find Sims 3 Uni no where as fun as Sims 2.

This is how I play too. I'm very controlling about aging up my hood in general, so I always have right around 12 sims to send at a time - 6 girls, 6 guys - and I play them to the fullest. A dorm for the first semester, a Greek house or private residence (for couples that have dated forever and are madly in love) for the rest of the time.

Then I move them all back to the original hood and end up turning most of them into townies.

Then I get abnormally happy when one of my playable sims bumps into a townie sim they knew from college at a community lot later in life. :)

<3
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    For me I do send them to uni and might play through it but eventually I get cause by the time my sims enter uni they've usually maxed out their skills so I end up just being there for the degree so if I don't really want to play through it I just put in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and than spawn in the semester tester and skip straight to the final exam of the senior year....the thing with doing this is that you miss out on getting the extra two want slots and being able to lock up to two wants. but if you don't mind doing that it's a great way to speed up uni as you can spawn it in whenever.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Uni is usually what I use to make money, friends and skills - all to aid them once they graduate plus more aspiration slots and one extra lock definitely comes in handy always too.
    Lift me up - Let me go