Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Customers getting "stuck"

I finally got enough money/items to have my sims open their retail store and I've encountered an issue...

When customers are finally ready to check out and make purchases, they walk out of the store and to the side of the building and get stuck, unable to move, and I cannot greet them to check them out. If they are already greeted, the check out option isn't there. I was able to make one sale before this happened and now it's happened with every customer..

Is there a way to fix this? Or is it a common glitch that others are experiencing as well?

It's very frustrating... :'(
OriginID: SummerRed7

Comments

• Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I Own a retail store since the release date of get to work and never have experience that glitch, have you try resetting the stock sims? with cheats? if it doesn't work remove all mods and try again

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Hello.
    If you have any CC or mods, remove them and see if that helps the issue.
    Try repairing the base game as well as repairing GTW and see if that helps.
    To repair the base game, right click the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair. Then after that is finished, to repair GTW, you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game packs that you own. Right click GTW and click repair.

• Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    Hmm, I'll try removing mods. I always forget about those haha.
  • Options
    GinaGina Posts: 9 New Member
    How do I remove mods?
  • Options
    Gina wrote: »
    How do I remove mods?

go to documents>electronic arts>the sims 4>mods
    if you have ever put anything in here then its a mod, if you haven't then you're good.

• Options
    i have this resources.cfg in there. wonder its already in there or did I happen to accidentally put it in there.
  • Options
    Gina wrote: »
    i have this resources.cfg in there. wonder its already in there or did I happen to accidentally put it in there.

That came in there when you installed the game, you can leave that one in as it won't mess with your game in any way.

• Options
    I've checked my mods and also repair the game. customers still stuck when they check out n make purchases. what about you?
  • Options
    I haven't been able to look at mine because my games save file got corrupted somehow, so I have to start all over. *sigh*
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Never update your games with your mods folder still in the game. It corrupts your files, either when you patch or when you install a new EP or GP. Always remove your mods first, then put back in and test one at a time. A lot less headache if you do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I don't have any mods. theres nothing in my mods folder
  • Options
    I've uninstalled my game and gonna reinstall it. i'll see if it works. :(